I know what you’re watching on TV tonight (Thursday Show Thread)

Gooooood morning, KSR! Still sleepy? I bet you stayed up late watching that 12-12-12 concert, didn’t you? What did you think of Kanye’s skirt? Paul McCartney playing with Nirvana? Yeah…I fell asleep.

Today’s topics include:

— UK basketball raising the intensity

— The Harrison Twins vs. Aaron Gordon on ESPN

— Basketball withdrawal

— The fallout of the UK police/student confrontation

— Much more…

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080 or send a text to the TEXTING MACHINE at (317) 385-5148

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

210 Comments for I know what you’re watching on TV tonight (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:55 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I missed the 12/12/12 concert last night… hoping to hear that someone did the UK/3 goggles. Now that UK cop got fired how about send that kid down to UT for punishment? Just sayin’.

Glad I make Uncle Matt some $$$

Have an iphone? Google Maps is out 🙂

2. justafish2002
    9:56 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Damn, wanted to beat UK_JB today

3. UK_JB
    9:57 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Not going to happen.

4. BigBlueAces
    9:57 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

If I was that kid’s father, I would personally call the UK Admins and implore that the officer be reprimanded in a different manner than a firing.

5. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    9:58 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I wanted to be first… that’s my point of view.

6. Houston Wildcat
    10:01 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

#4 – I agree. I’d call and tell them to suspend him for any wrong doing. That kid pisses me off. I was in college at UK for 5 years and that’s the main reason cops don’t give any college kids any slack because they have to deal with guys like him.

7. BlueFins
    10:01 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

It sounds like “First” is on like donkey kong

8. Zombie-Head Aquarium
    10:07 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

UK cops are pretty terrible across the board. When I was at UK 10+ years ago, I would always request Lexington police be called just so I wouldn’t have to deal with them. After all their threats, once the Lexington cops showed up, it was always “just get out of here, sir.”

9. justafish2002
    10:08 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

They’ll just stream Gangham Style from Youtube for hurricane relief

10. Smitty
    10:11 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Of course he was trying to bait the officers…. He set up a freakin’ camera. He knew what he was trying to do

11. J in Orlando
    10:11 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

4. That cop had to be fired. An example has to be set that this behavior by law enforcement will not be tolerated, provoked or not. For every time this is shown on you tube, there are hundreds of instances where police use their position to coerce individuals to give up their rights out of ignorance. It’s unacceptable. But the kid was a complete jerk and should be disciplined.

12. Paul
    10:11 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Anybody know when the $5 tickets for on sale for basketball?

13. fatpat
    10:12 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

i think matt should hire the cop to be his body gaurd to keep old people at the movies away from him and the kids that do all the yelling while matt is trying to eat his dinner by himself.

14. Rixter
    10:13 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I hope the cop gets a chance to wipe the smirk off the kids face at a later date…..

15. UK_JB
    10:13 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

What’s that kid going to say now… I did pour stuff out the window?

16. Dont be onesided
    10:13 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

6 – Before you guys take the pro-cop and anti-student view…realize that this kid was sober, was singled out by his RA, and was harassed in the past by similar UK police officers. This webcam and recording was to get back at the police for what he feels was wrongdoing in the past and show how they do not do their job. The previous incident this kid was coming home from a party and was hit a few times by a group of drunk guys in the courtyard near his dorm (for no particular reason). He reported the incident to the UK police that night and was being nice about it all. The officers said they had better things to do and the kid took offense to it and asked them to do their job and protect him (mind you he was not cussing like in this recent incident) and the officers said they would arrest him for being a problem if he carried on.

17. justafish2002
    10:13 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Hey Matt. It’s the First Amendment, you’re free to say whatever you like

18. Funtucky
    10:13 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt don’t lump both of these Cops together…it looks like it was one cop doing everything wrong. I was a former High School Teacher…at times you want to ring the kids necks but you have to stay cool because kids will push you to your limits….the cop should of stayed cool…I wonder how many other times he over reacted…it is no illegal to cuss out a cop, I learned this in a law class taught by a Judge.

19. inlinefor9
    10:14 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I think the kid was a jerk. But let’s not forget that the cop spent half the video threatening to get the kid expelled from UK. He broke policy and also tried to use his position to intimidate the kid into letting him in. Harassment could be argued.

But again, not taking the side of the kid. He was a jerk.

20. JoeMoney333
    10:14 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Kid was a Douche

21. J in Orlando
    10:14 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

14 That wouldn’t surprise me at all.

22. Jax Teller
    10:14 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

There’s only room at UK for one person who everybody knows their name, Sam Malone.

23. Wayne Rooney
    10:15 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Please publish the kids name & twitter account. His goal was to disrespect the police & get them in trouble. Do police sometimes make mistakes? Of course. Did they in this case? Yes, especially after being taunted & verbally abused by the kid. The kid deserves the same kind of rushed & rash treatment that he put this low-paid, hard-working police officer through.

24. Rockfield, KY
    10:15 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

When I was in college, two officers kicked in our front and back doors at our house and shattered the window in one of them because we were having a party, but the doors were not locked. We tried to file a complaint and nothing happened. On top of that, the female cop who punched through the glass window to get in, tried to press charges on us for causing her cuts on her hand and arm.

If cops step out of bounds, they deserve to get fired like everyone else. If you can’t handle some kid in a dorm, you shouldn’t be a cop in the first place.

25. JoeMoney333
    10:15 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

17. Go to a movie and yell ‘Fire’ and then talk to me about how your first amendment works for you! It isn’t a ‘whatever you wanna say’ amendment.

26. Al Sharpton
    10:15 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Thanks son for standing up like rosa parks. If I was a business owner I would not hire this kid. If I was that cop I would stand outside his dorm and give him what he deserves.

27. Bob Cobb
    10:15 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Here’s the thing, with the officer saying “There is no Fourth Amendment” when he looked into the fridge he immediately became useless to any prosecutor in a suppression hearing. You have to fire him or give him a desk job.

28. matt from union
    10:15 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

his name is graham gaddis a former lacrosse player from connecticut

29. J in Orlando
    10:16 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

17 You should really take a closer look at the first amendment…it does not give you the right to say anything you want with no legal consequences.

30. MattD
    10:16 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4540 The police officer violated the school’s policy which clearly state that an officer can not search a room without consent or a search warrant. The officer not only violated THAT MOST PRECIOUS OF RIGHTS, but also attempted to coerce consent by stating, let me in or I can have you expelled. We have no idea if the kid was innocent or guilty, but that does not justify the behavior. Our basic rights are there for a reason, to prevent government intrusion in to our lives. This officer worked at a University, and if he can not deal with the smart mouth of a punk kid, clearly he was in the wrong position. It is his professional duty to uphold the law, and to tell a kid, “there is no fourth amendment here,” smacks of ignorance and goes to show you that when little people get a little power, they abuse it. So, in this case, yeah F*&# the Cops. Check yourselves.

31. Jefe
    10:16 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

So CBS and Matt Norlander takes another bs shot at UK using a poll and yall lead off with a non sports story. Mkay.

32. ktmiln2
    10:16 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Here’s a great idea, let’s stop giving this troll (the UK kid) anymore attention. That’s why he did this.

33. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:16 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I hope Lex police give that UK cop a job… that’s my point of view.

34. Wayne Rooney
    10:16 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

#16 Nice try. Your friend should not have done this. Don’t try to make him the victim by making up a new story.

35. thick rick
    10:17 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

It would be nice to live in a world where your employers stood up for their workers instead of throwing people to the curb to save their own face.
    This kid needs a smack in the face from his father. But I have a feeling he has never had anyone tell him “no” before in his life.

36. HanSoloUnderground
    10:17 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Best thing to ever happen to protect citizens is the video camera

37. J-DUB
    10:17 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m coming after you tomorrow UK_JB! The #

38. Cutthroat Trout
    10:18 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I don’t like cops and I don’t like sniveling little punk UK kids…..glad the cop got fired and hope the kid is ostracized from society.

39. J in Orlando
    10:18 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

27 Not only that, but this incident would be brought up in every instance where this cop was involved in a search in an effort to discredit the search

40. Smitty
    10:18 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

16. Yea…. It’s not that I don’t believe you but, I don’t. If he wanted to show that the cops don’t do their jobs why not be nice again… like you said he was before??? Instead of acting the way he did? He was baiting the cops and acting exactly opposite of how you said he acted!! What does “similar UK police officers” mean?

41. Wayne Rooney
    10:18 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

#32 good point

42. J
    10:18 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Now the cop will cost the tax payers money when the smart a** student sues the school….good job Uk police….they always have chip on there shoulder because they are not viewed as real cops.

43. Zombie-Head Aquarium
    10:18 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

We know that the kid was a d-bag, we know that the kid was purposefully baiting the officer, we know that the cop could enter the room, and we know that the cop couldn’t search the fridge. With that said, the kid didn’t say anything, no matter how profane that would result in arrest. However, I’ve had friends get cuffed for cussing out cops. This video is a prime example of why cops shouldn’t lose their cool.

44. bbmike
    10:19 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Can you recap the stumbo conversation? Haven’t seen/heard any comments about it.

45. Jefe
    10:19 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

The 1st amendment doesn’t give you the right to say anything. You can’t threaten, slander, or yell fire in a crowd when there isn’t one among many other things.

46. Turner the Burner
    10:19 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I had no issues with police at UK. Look in the mirror if you are having issues on campus!

47. skyfall
    10:19 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

The John Short spread on this kid is that he’ll have a meet and greet with the cops somewhere down the road. At that time all scores will be settled. Even John Short says this kid is not a great American.

48. BillTheCat
    10:19 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

49. UK_JB
    10:20 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I think that guy is talking through a pipeline

50. justafish2002
    10:20 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

25, 29 There are no laws against using profanity or cussing someone out in private, which is the case here.

51. J
    10:21 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I am for the student, no telling how many students this cop violated with his power trip….

52. GuyatUK
    10:21 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I work at UK and had several interactions with this officer. He was never anything but courteous and professional. Me made a mistake but I hate he had to lose his job.

53. matt from union
    10:21 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

has drew frankilin had run ins with the uk campus police? he has a little more sarcastic nature than you

54. Zombie-Head Aquarium
    10:22 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Joker did the whole hire recruiters thing. I want coaches that know how to teach a position AND recruit well.

55. PattyIce
    10:22 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

42 cus they aren’t real cops

56. Shane
    10:23 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m glad the kid is getting shunned. Theres no way I would ever hire that kid for ANY job.

57. Matt Jones Momo
    10:23 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt, great insight bro

‘According to Stoops defensive philosophy you need a good Dline’

You dont get that type of expert opinion everywhere

58. Matt Jones Momo
    10:23 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt, if you are came it aint loomin good.

59. Catfish
    10:24 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Please do not put Ryan in HD!

60. Cutthroat Trouht
    10:24 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Cops SUCK! So do UK punk students!

61. oddthomas
    10:24 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Help the boy out!!! Send Xmas cards to:
    Dalton Dingus
    H.C. 62 Box 1249
    Salyersville, ky, 41465

62. Cutthroat Trout
    10:25 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Cops SUCK! So do UK punk students!

63. UL playing Deng vs UK on Dec29
    10:25 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

34- pretty sure its not a madeup story. Was watching the news on WHAS11 last night at 6pm. One of the reporters was in Lexington and had an exclusive interview with Graham Gaddis. The kid explained what happened, his actions that night, and what happened in the past.

here is the WHAS11 Link… http://www.whas11.com/news/Video-of-campus-cops-entering-UK-students-room-goes-viral-183137441.html

64. J in Orlando
    10:25 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

50 There are laws against hindering police business or inciting (assuming there were other students out in that hallway)

65. ChiefedCat
    10:25 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

*Motherly voice* Matt, I am disappointed. You, as a former lawyer, should realize that someone setting up a camera, so you can’t say “how do I know this happened,” and standing up for his rights (with the fridge, I’ll admit that he should have let them see in the room) is not a bad thing. Even a serial killer, until convicted, has rights to privacy and against unlawful searches.

66. Dud Wash
    10:27 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I thought Roger Daltrey looked like Harpo Marx

67. inlinefor9
    10:27 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

#58 that’s the great thing about polls, most of the time you can spin them. You can also say Cal has a +34 favorability margin in the state of KY. Suddenly it’s a good headline.

68. J
    10:28 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

When will people realize there is a good chance there is a video camera recording your actions!

69. Orlando is Cal's Righthand Man
    10:29 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt…please in the future inform yourself better before talking about local Lexington issues. Example..know the kid’s name, the incident, etc because it saves time on the show (as its short anyways) and makes the show flow better. It can’t be hard to read the local news website articles on the story. Thanks

70. Jefe
    10:30 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

68- Just explain why Kentuckians hate Calipari.

71. Wow
    10:31 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Regardless of how big of a prick the kid was, the cop simply abused his power. This goes on way too much. I’m not saying all,but a lot of cops put on that uniform and badge and let it go to their head. They act like it gives them permission to act however they want. Completely unacceptable!! No matter what the kid did or said, his rights were violated! Plain and simple! That is indisputable and that’s why the prick got fired!!

72. inlinefor9
    10:34 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Well, only 14 or 15% had an unfavorable view of Cal. So you could spin that further and say approx 85% of Kentuckians have a favorable or fair view of Cal. Only about 65% of those polled responded to the question, so it’s definitely believable that about a 3rd of the public just doesn’t care about sports or isn’t interested in UK. There’s plenty of people not interested in sports and then there are also people that have moved to the state that don’t care one way or the other.

73. Mike
    10:34 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt, that is Eddie Vedder singing, not Roger Waters.

74. inlinefor9
    10:34 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

That was in response to #71

75. Orlando is Cal's Righthand Man
    10:35 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Cops have an oath to follow. If they don’t follow that oath to the Commonwealth they should not be wearing that badge. Cops can easily give in to favoritism, bribes, money seized, a girl’s looks, etc…and once they cross that line they are no longer an upstanding citizen, man of honor, or are serving the Commonwealth.

How much would you guys compare what the cop did to this Graham kid to when a cop turns on his lights to just go through a red light when no emergency is going on? They are both illegal!

76. Coach P
    10:36 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Deing is cleared to start practice this Sunday and will play the WKU game and possibly the Memphis State game. Stings huh?

77. matt from union
    10:37 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

hey matt, at 21 years old, this kid would of been my hero, at 41, i want to beat the hell out of him. wow, i guess my days of burning couches on state street are over, i am going to buy a blue sweater vest at kennedy’s today!

78. Pot Calling The Kettle Black
    10:37 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Hey Matt are you to call people jerks when I have seen you FIRSTHAND talk down to a waitress at a restaurant before? You were one of the rudest people I have seen and you call people jerks? look in the mirror next time before you speak.

79. KnowingandnotSaying
    10:37 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt, you have said several times now that there is a difference between knowing something and saying something. It seems like you had some type of inside source on the Stoops hiring since you knew the night before he was the guy. Did you not say anything about Stoops on Monday night because it will help you get information in the future that you can release because it isn’t as sensitive. It was interesting that you got to ask the first question at the presser.

80. Adam
    10:38 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

WKU will be using Houchens money to make those deals work.

81. The ol' saying goes
    10:39 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

“A fish in the pan is worth two in the pond”.

82. Coldplay Dude
    10:39 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Michael Stipe was awful last night. He looked like he was 80 years old and could barely sing.

83. It'sJustLunch
    10:39 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Ryan, I’ve heard of that saying before as well. Southern Indiana here.

84. cats1068
    10:40 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

The police chief said on the news last night that he had to fire the police officer because he pushed the kid. Once he laid his hands on him, he was done. And it’s unfortunate because one day that kid will need a police officer and he will be the first to say “the cops are never around when you need them.” I agree with people about some cops abuse their powers and this officer was wrong in what he did. But if we didn’t have the police, we would have anarchy and it would be like the wild wild west days.

85. Dark Helmet
    10:40 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Todd Stewart addressed the Asst. Coach $ question by saying. “This is America and we’ll “find more fish in the pan”.

86. Rockfield, KY
    10:40 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

“A fish in the pan is worth two in the lake” Saw this on Google

87. Smitty
    10:41 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Ryan, Could Cal lose 4 more games?

88. Who needs epinephrine now?
    10:42 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Not nearly as bad as Siva and Pitino being 0-4 against Calipari

89. Lit 101
    10:43 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

“The Fisherman and the Little Fish” is one of Aesop’s fables…

90. Smitty
    10:43 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I doubt Cal is screaming at the team meal, bus ride, study tables, etc….

91. Delk for 3
    10:44 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

A few years ago, I lived with my girlfriend (still do) and we moved into an apartment next to a cop. We were young and immature then and we used to get into loud arguments. My girlfriend would yell very loud and often throw things that would cause loud noises. The cop next door totally believed that I was beating my girlfriend which I absolutely was not. A few times he banged on my door and when I answered he would accuse me of roughing her up. Every time my girlfriend would tell him it was her kicking a wall, throwing a pan or a phone, and/or her crying loudly. She would tell him that as it was the truth and he refused to believe her. One time I wasn’t even there and we were arguing on the phone and she threw her phone into the wall and started wailing and crying. He actually stormed into the apartment and came upstairs and found her standing there in her bath robe. She was totally stunned and he demanded to know where I was at. She told him I was at work and he refused to believe her even though I was at work 30 miles away. Then, a few days later she was going crazy on me again and was crying and screaming and I was cussing back at her. The cop came to the door and when I answered he grabbed me and threw me into the wall outside and then went inside my own apartment and locked the door on me. He talked to my girlfriend and she told her I absolutely was doing nothing to her and she started screaming at him to leave because she was scared of him and tired of him intruding in our apartment. He grabbed my girlfriend and pushed down into a chair and left the apartment. He told me “I’m going to arrest your ass soon.” He then continued, “I’ve already gotten three people kicked out of these apartments and I’m going to do the same to you.” At that point, we were so scared of this power crazed cop that we were forced to move out. Nowadays, our relationship has matured, we have matured, and we no longer scream and fight. We are set to be married this summer. I’m very lucky I wasn’t arrested by this power-crazed cop on trumped up charges. Seeing this recent video, it makes me regret not setting up a camera because this cop should have been removed from the force for illegally entering my apartment and also roughing me and my girlfriend up. Cops can be crazy dudes at times. There is no doubt about it.

92. DCat
    10:44 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m a season ticket holder and female sport’s fan and comment often to my sons that Cal is “wearing me out” with the yelling. Every kid does not respond to the yelling. He has been “over the top” this year. Stop it, Cal. All he has to do is look at the kids and they are not having fun!!!!!

93. James K
    10:44 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m not a Bobby Knight fan, but I do think that some discipline and tough love is really important for some people/athletes. Entitlement and an inability to be led is something that I see as an issue in my own generation.

94. Scout
    10:44 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Yelling is not coaching! However, all players are different. I am not a fan of constant yelling but Rupp is a big place.

95. Lil Jimmy
    10:44 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

What kind of head restraint does Julie have on her wheel chair?

I hope someone cleans up her drool while she watches the games on TV.

96. Bledsoe's Biceps
    10:44 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

From the Fox 56 web site….Late Wednesday, the student, Graham Gaddis, issued a statement: “I’m excited about it and feel he got what he deserves. I egged him on and he took the bait and now he’s where he should be.” So the punk got what he wanted and now is gloating about it. Too bad the campus cop could not control himself and it cost him his job.

97. cats1068
    10:44 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

83- That’s on the same lines as “a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.”

98. Mell
    10:45 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

YELLING IS AN ITALIAN THING!!!!! Especially from the northeast.

99. Laker Cat 18
    10:45 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

The best coaches are more intense than the rest.

100. Jax Teller
    10:45 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Good lord people, I think the Cal talk is a little over the top. Early in the year Cal sat back and didn’t say anything, now he’s yelling and trying get on them. He’s trying to find out what this team responds to. Lets stop this noise and let him “coach his team”.

101. Turner the Burner
    10:45 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Ryan,
    You would yell like crazy at those t-ballers at Garden Springs park

102. Kentucky cat
    10:46 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt yes the kid was a jerk but how did he not have a right to be? the cops are supposed to be the ones that protect the laws and protect citizens from having those laws used against them. these cops were the ones breaking the law and illegally trying to use their power to get what they wanted. If the main people in charge of protecting our rights are illegally trying to get you in trouble then you have the right to be a jerk all you want. why would you just lay down and bow down to them when they are breaking the law just to get you in trouble.

103. Delk for 3
    10:47 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Opinions like yours Matt are a symbol of the wussification of today’s youth. My best coaches of my youth were very tough on us and yelled at us. There was nothing wrong with what they did.

104. Richie Farmers Mustache
    10:48 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

2 words – Mac Whitaker…. Ryan Lemmond knows about him. The man is a complete ass, yells, screams, makes fun. But the man has 1,000 wins in 30 years as Harrison County’s baseball coach. At a tiny country school he has won 4 state titles, 28 district titles, 22 regional titles, 17 sectional titles, and has been runner up 5 times.

Includes a season in which Harrison went 40-1, Won a state title, averaged 13 runs, went undefeated in KY and only loss came to the #1 team in the nation in 15 innings. That team they lost to then had to vacate their year due to illegally recruiting players from Cuba.

Mac acts a fool – but it yields success. He teaches discipline.

105. St. Paul Raiders
    10:49 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Stranglehold. Excellent.

106. C Ray
    10:49 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I think Cal would tell Julie that she’s a selfish Mother F-er, and then she would eventually thank him win she joins the WNBA and makes hundreds up on hundreds of dollars.

107. @codymiller1
    10:49 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Wayne Co Middle School basketball from 6th-8th grade I learned ever word I had yet to hear. We ran for an hour and 45 minutes of 2 hour practices hearing things I’ve still yet to hear again. Cal is doing nothing any other coach wouldn’t be doing. No other coach has the headache of freshman like Cal.

108. ktmiln2
    10:50 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Maybe Cal should hand out free hugs and back-pats whenever the player doesn’t do what they’re supposed to.

109. ryan
    10:50 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

just got confirmation from Otwell, Indiana – the phrase “more fish in the pan” comes from “when you are frying fish you can’t put too many fish in the pan or they won’t fry properly”

110. TylerH
    10:51 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

One thing Matt is not good at is thinking and trying to say funny things on the fly. The Ram and the Feet?? Come on man…

111. BigBlueCPA
    10:52 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Male Bulldogs, C’mon Man! As Usual the Bulldogs, beat the Rams senseless on the court and in the parking lot. BigBlueCPA is a proud 2001 Male High Alum.

112. MrPasley
    10:53 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

It was a great video one mascot jumped up and put both feet on the other ones chest in essence a kick as he was coming in. I love when Ryan gets tickled it’s hilarious. Thanks for the laughs!

113. cats1068
    10:53 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Anybody that is a parent has yelled at their kids. Anybody that says they haven’t are lying. To Cal, these are his kids and he cares about them. He is not yelling just to be yelling. He loves these kids and just wants the best for them like we want for our kids. With the way has advised his players to go pro and chase their dreams, you have to know he is looking out for their interests instead of his own. In Cal we trust.

114. ktmiln2
    10:54 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I love people criticizing Calipari about his handling of different characters. We’re talking about the man who handled Terrence Jones and DeMarcus Cousins

115. bob in J-town
    10:55 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

My wife used to work at the zoo. She once saw Chester Cheetah and the Icce Bear get into a fight.

116. Alex
    10:56 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

If you have surround sound you can hear Cal yell x10. It’s worth it.

117. cats1068
    10:56 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

And Pitino, K, williams and Izzo don’t yell at their players? Just Cal, right? Really? As usual, everything gets blown out of control.

118. g-unit
    10:57 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt you are sooo pussified!

119. cats1068
    10:58 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I played football when I was a kid. I can still recall my coaches yelling at us. It’s part of the deal. You accept it and move on.

120. Winston
    10:58 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Every dumbass calling in to give Calipari advice on how to deal with his players should have to write Cal’s record on the blackboard 1,000 times.

121. Rixter
    11:00 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Great point, #116..Calipari is the only coach who’s been able to keep Cousins behavior in check

122. Bryan
    11:00 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Come on cal yelled and yelled every year it’s worked so far cals not the problem!

123. C Ray
    11:01 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Until Cal starts burning the guys with cigarettes and withholding pregame meals… I’ll keep my mouth shut. Cal sounds like a singing Angel compared to the way my wife yells at me. True story

124. FannieMaeNot
    11:02 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I would pay for a subscription to a channel that featured a “coach cam” as the main attraction. Cal and many other coaches are
    more interesting than a lot the games. I loved that Morehead coach from a few years ago who would lay flat on his back instead
    of running on the court to show what he thought of the refs- anyone remember his name? I’d like to look up some pics

125. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:08 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Nice!!! Good to hear from Rev. Do Wrong again. It’s been a while.

126. UK_JB
    11:08 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

We had it hard as kids back in the 90’s… going to the fayette mall for field trips.

127. Tonydelksarms
    11:09 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m at 5 Guys in lexington, Rick minter is here with a piece of ass. He kept calling the little burgers lite burgers. 2 many hits to the head know wonder they could not get lined up properly.

128. Bluegrass Boy
    11:11 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Why would anyone play out on the West Coast? Did anyone see how empty that stadium was where UCLA played Texas? I just wonder if Shabazz would change his mind if he could?

129. Not the Foot Stabber
    11:13 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I am glad that the attention at UK is focusing on Graham and not me… Gotta strike while the iron is hot… BEWARE

130. Not the Foot Stabber
    11:14 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I am glad all of the attention around UK is on Graham and not on me…. Gotta strike while the iron is hot! Keep your feet covered!

131. DrewT
    11:15 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

What about Montravious Adams? The #1 DT in the country? He has an offer from UK and is from Georgia. Any way Stoops could pull that off?

132. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    11:16 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I want more games on the big stick of WKYT-TV and FAUX41. That’s my point of view.

133. Mike
    11:16 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

5pm ESPN. Cool. Is it still a High School game?

134. St. Paul Raiders
    11:17 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Allen is fast becoming one of my favorites. Nate-esque minus the finger eating.

135. The Captain
    11:19 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Don’t any of these people talking about coach Cal yelling remember Bobby knight and coach K and their tyrant ways?

136. Mattcat68
    11:19 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

The Harrison Twins vs Gordon game will be on ESPN at 8:00pm (EST). Not ESPN2 and not at 5:00pm.

137. adam
    11:19 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I’m a young individual but it kills me that at this point in time we coddle kids so much that everyone is up in arms because a coach yells at players. People would be in for a rude awakening if they knew the treatment that athletes received 50 years ago.

138. not graham gaddis
    11:20 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

139. Smitty
    11:20 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Ryan, why wasn’t Alabama in your top 6?

140. J in Orlando
    11:20 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

130 that wasn’t even the west coast…it was reliant stadium in Houston…it was supposed to be a big deal, but unfortunately for the organizers, both teams have been busts

141. Matt Jones Momo
    11:21 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Can we all agree Matt has zero self awareness?

142. The Captain
    11:21 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Serinity Now!

143. Turner the Burner
    11:21 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt, stop verbally abusing your staff! You are yelling at them right now..haha

144. census cat
    11:22 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt does not yell. It is a mixture of a slightly higher voice volume and an increased nose whistle.

145. Rockfield, KY
    11:22 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

With UK fans, there are some fans you can NEVER please.

146. ryan
    11:23 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

smitty – honorable mention, along with def leppard, van halen, the cars, and “on the pontoon……

147. Rockfield, KY
    11:23 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Where’s J-Roc? He should call in from his Obama phone today!

148. C Ray
    11:23 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

People who don’t enficize (spelling) letters are Ben Stein.

149. 1978best
    11:24 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

UK Police Chief Joe Monroe should be fired.

150. G-Unit
    11:24 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

wtf are yall talking about you idiots…. the game is at 8pm on espn!!!

151. Rockfield, KY
    11:25 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

No one was complaining about Cal when he was hugging Cousing and Jones and giving noogies. He needs to be yelling right now. Remember, they’re a “December team” right now.

152. 1978best
    11:25 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Dayton

153. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    11:26 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Obama has been at the Dayton arena… that’s my point of view.

154. Jax Teller
    11:27 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Duke will end up in Philly. Cats are Dayton bound.

155. G-Unit
    11:27 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt once again you are wrong…. UK is going to wind up getting Wiggins and Johnson

The Starting Lineup will be

PG: Harrison
    SG: HArrison
    SF: Wiggins
    PF: MArcus Lee
    C: Dakari Johnson

Dakari is soo much further along than Willie will be if he stays.

Young and Willie will come off the bench.

156. ktmiln2
    11:28 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

You guys want to go to Austin to party don’t you? Partying references beer, and I think it’s a shame that the face of Kentucky Sports media would reference something involving beer. I hope Capiluto talks to the NCAA and doesn’t let UK go to Austin.

157. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:29 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Of course they are communist…they are all union.

158. 1978best
    11:30 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Why don’t communists have cruise ships?

159. Nope
    11:30 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

126- I believe that was Dick Fick

160. BBNinClearwaterFL
    11:30 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Matt, liberal? That’s putting it mildly!

161. Jax Teller
    11:30 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I think part of the reason people are so critical of Cal is the lack of games right now. This dead period gives people time to talk instead of watching games. The next 2 weeks are preparation for Louisville and the conference schedule. Take a step back, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride. This team will be good by the end of the year.

162. G-Unit
    11:30 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

163. ktmiln2
    11:30 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

And before anybody flips out, I am referencing the Patrick Towles twitter name email from earlier in the week.

164. TV Guide
    11:30 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

8pm eastern on ESPN

165. J in Orlando
    11:30 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

158 Not that it matters who starts, but Wiltjer will ahead of the other PFs (assuming he doesn’t significantly pick up his game enough to leave)

166. Bluegrass Boy
    11:30 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I am a UK fan through and through but people’s expectations for our basketball team are so unrealistic. Unless you have coached kids at any level you have no idea how hard it is for kids to execute exactly what you want done. Let’s have some faith in CAL and wait and see where we are in March.

167. KarlMarx
    11:31 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

capitalist caller is 1%’r

168. BigBlueCPA
    11:31 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Harrison Twins and Travis Tx HS play at 8pm on ESPN against Archbishop Mitty CA.

169. J in Orlando
    11:32 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

158 and WCS is gone

170. Houston Wildcat
    11:33 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

12/135:00p
    Archbishop Mitty (San Jose, CA)
    Location: @ Hopson Field House, Live Coverage on ESPN 5pm

Preview Game

171. catfan
    11:33 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Shannon is quoting Jimmy Buffet. The games is on at 5 o’clock somewhere….

172. Houston Wildcat
    11:33 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

That’s directly from Travis High School website. I’m going tonight and I plan on being there at 5:00 PM. Hope it starts then.

173. J in Orlando
    11:35 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Salmon fishing is Yemen does sound kind of hilarious

174. G-Unit
    11:36 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

168 – Thats bogus… Wiltjer over Lee… you cant honestly think that…

FLIGHT WAS GREAT!

175. UK_JB
    11:36 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I like Bass fishin in Caney Creek better.

176. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:37 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Apparently Helen Hunt (49 years old) goes full frontal in ‘The Sessions’

177. Honky Kong
    11:37 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I paid matinee prices $27 total to see “Wreck It Ralph” with my kids yesterday.
    I want my money back.

178. G-Unit
    11:37 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Les Miserables is going to rack up….

179. CvilleWildcat
    11:37 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Don’t waste your money on Bernie. It’s a based on a true story but I didn’t think it should win any awards. The local towns people that were interviewed should be the ones nominated for the awards.

180. The Dude
    11:38 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I bet you can use your Kentucky fish and wildlife gift certificates to see Salmon Fishing in Yemen

181. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:40 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I like Emily Blunt. She was great in ‘Loopers’

182. J in Orlando
    11:41 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

177 It’s going to be one of those “6 starters” situations if we get Wiggins, but a Jr. Wiltjer will start…when I say this I am assuming he doesn’t regress in his development.

183. Dud Wash
    11:44 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Lincoln is the type of movie the Academy loves. Historical drama by a big time director. I foresee Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Director to start.

184. G-Unit
    11:44 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I cant see that… the defensive presence you gain with Lee and athleticism outweight Wiltjer’s shooting.

185. 1978best
    11:46 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

It is really not a surprise that Matt has never cared about football recruiting.

186. Dud Wash
    11:46 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

To be honest the most ‘fun’ I had at the movies this year was Avengers.

187. Jax Teller
    11:48 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Ryan can suffer through Rascall Flats but can’t handle Taylor Swift? Wow.

188. Helen
    11:48 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Salmon fishing…movie choice on transatlantic flight

189. J in Orlando
    11:48 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

187 If Cal runs his dribble drive with next year’s team (which he will I think), it will be 4 perimeter players and one down low…Wiltjer is the better perimeter player…and I never said he would play more minutes…I just think Lee will be in for lineups where he can play closer to the basket…Lee will get plenty of minutes, but Cal will not start games with 5 freshman if he can avoid it (at least not to start the year)

190. 1978best
    11:48 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I saw a homeless guy with a boom box listening to Shirley Temple and thought of Ryan.

191. Rixter
    11:48 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Thank you, Ryan.. I can’t listen to Taylor Swift either, like nails on a halkoard

192. Mike
    11:48 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I am so with Ryan. Can’t stand Taylor Swift. And she can’t sing either. Listen to her do an acapella or acoustic song with no studio help.

193. ryan
    11:49 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

the dude – we used it! great line my man

194. Jax Teller
    11:49 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Salmon Fishing in Yemem sounds like a sequel to Borat. Very nice.

195. Rixter
    11:49 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

*chalkboard

196. Matt Jones Momo
    11:49 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Ive seen Salmon Fishing in Yemen, typical cheeky Brit humor. Much better than the America garbage

197. ryan
    11:50 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

if you want to see the Graham Gaddis “Johnny Snothead” tweets and video, go to http://www.wlap.com or check out the tweet from @newsradiowlap

198. DcWildcat
    11:50 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

I have seen Salmon Fishing in Yemen. British movie.. it is for the more intellectually aroused audience. Combines Middle Eastern political issues with environmental aspirations.

I liked it.

199. J in Orlando
    11:50 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

192 But let’s see if we get Wiggins Johnson first…

200. Honky Kong
    11:50 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

Don’t waste your time with Tombstone Matt, Wyatt Earp with Kevin Costner is 100% a better movie.

201. DcWildcat
    11:50 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

.. also some silly romance

202. Edd
    11:52 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

As long as this Harrison twins game time is clear, I’m gonna need a deer report now.

203. XX
    11:54 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

We dont always match up well in football….but when we do its against Ga.

204. There'sStillHope
    11:54 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

For Ryan – I believe the Betty Ford Center has opened the Rascal Flatts recovery center. Please Ryan, before it’s too late.

205. Adam
    11:54 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

to defend the last caller, Under Richt UGA tends to have a great years and then a few down years where he ends up oin the hot seat. They are losing a ton next year and they could very easily fall back into a down year where UK has a legi chance at beating them.

206. G-Unit
    11:55 am December 13, 2012 Permalink

202- Johnson is ours to lose… the battle is Wiggins.

207. CliffFrankLou
    12:31 pm December 13, 2012 Permalink

Just wondering what future potential employers might think when they start searching for info on Mr. Gaddis…documenting your behavior like this certainly does not make one an attractive candidate for gainful employment.