“I got your pastime right here!”

Last night at Whitaker Bank Ballpark, our good friend Stone Cold Willow etched his name into baseball lore when he threw out the ceremonial first pitch for the Lexington Legends. Terrence Jones was the headliner of the night, but even he couldn’t steal the stage from the self-proclaimed SEC/NCAA Heavyweight Champ. Jones and Willow walked out to the mound together and shared the big moment on the diamond, something I’m certain Willow will never forget.

The Kentucky Rattlesnake took the field with confidence — partly in thanks to an encouraging phone call from Dave Baker as we pulled up to the park — but his pitch was a little off its mark. But its his approach to the throw that has baseball historians comparing him to some of the game’s greats. See for yourself in this video from ABC 36’s Dan Rieffer:

After the game, Willow called it the “greatest moment of the Stone Cold Willow era.” If that’s the case, I’m going to make a lot of money off the baseball he doesn’t know I have.

That is, if the Hall of Fame doesn’t come looking for it to go along with the jersey.

Hall of Fame

Post-pitch interviews outside the suite

Article written by Drew Franklin

53 Comments for “I got your pastime right here!”

1. mocha
    2:26 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

willow for president!….and uk basketball team manager

2. JBR
    2:28 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Am I supposed to know who this guy is????

3. ??
    2:29 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Who is this guy? Is this akin to Howard Stern’s Beetlejuice?

4. ATLCat
    2:34 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

I hear Matt & the guys talk about this guy about twice per show, and still have NO idea who the heck he is.

5. mocha
    2:35 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

2,3,4: watch the video and they will tell you.

6. Tom Sellecks Mustache
    2:35 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

I really don’t understand the infatuation with Stone Cold Willow on this site.

7. Jeremy
    2:35 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

That is the best video I have ever seen, no questions asked! None! #WillowForPresident

8. OoogieBoogieMan
    2:36 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Add me to the list of clueless about SCW. Basically another of the Kige Ramsey types that KSR loves so much, I assume?

9. DB11
    2:38 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

I’m telling you, as someone who has been forced to stand next to him at games and someone who has talked to him multiple times outside of games, the guy is obnoxious as hell. He never wears deodorant so every time he would lift up that fathead u could smell him. #Nasty

10. Cmon
    2:40 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

When will it stop being “funny” to make light of this disabled and apparently poor kid?

I thought most people stopped being this childish and mean in high school?

11. CATS
    2:41 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

All of the people on WIllow’s jock are just jealous he is a ksr favorite, and they are another annoying complaining commentor. If you do not know who he is you obviously are not a huge follower of ksr.

1.) It would be amazing if he was the team manager. I smell another ksr movement a brewing.

Also I think Matt and the rest of the crew should do a fundraiser to help Willow get back into school. It would be nice to give back to the kid and see him makes strides in his life, since we he has given us so many laughs over the months.

12. B-Rob
    2:42 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

In all seriousness, where can i make fatheads like that, and how much do they cost?

13. CATS
    2:43 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

10.) He obviously having the time of his life. When was the last time you got to throw the first pitch at the Legends game and hang out with T. Jones. Go complain somewhere else. They are not making fun of him, he is doing this for show to get laughs.

14. Drave
    2:45 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

He must shop at the Gap.

15. theSkinny81
    2:52 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

I came to check this comment section expecting to read a ton of nice things being said about Jones and SCW, the fundraising, the overall good time had by all, etc…. I was wrong.

So, kudos Terrence for using the position you are in to help make a difference in peoples lives.

16. UKfansNKY
    2:54 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Come on…………….ease up folks can’t you see the kid is having the time of his life and no one is making fun of him. After all he is a CAT fan!!!! Have fun and enjoy kid. GO CATS!!!

17. Bradley
    2:59 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

10. I don’t think they are making fun of him. Kige Ramsey was a different story though.

18. Hoss_Cat
    3:05 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

I’m aboard the stone cold willow fan boat if it means we’re helping out someone in need. I wish someone would’ve told me this whenever I was asking who the heck he was and why he was getting so much attention. I actually seen this guy whenever I watched the game at hugea$$burgers on south limestone. He was walking around with that huge sign of his face. I didn’t know it was it

19. ebell55
    3:11 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Drew I once called Willow a modern day step n fetch it. However your comment above has given me a change of heart. If ACE can find happiness in life doing what he does I’m all for it. I can admit that I was being a little to hard on him in the past.

20. Kenny Power's Agent
    3:21 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

I think it’s a great thing. He was obviously having the time of his life and will never forget this experience. Some of you all need to lighten up. I’m all for helping someone in need. Walk a mile in someone’s shoes that needs help financially and then see if you post some of your asinine comments. Good for Terrence, you done a great thing. Go Cats!

21. I agree
    3:21 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

With u 10. For a long time they did the same thing with a heavy guy who did videos on YouTube.. They even had his head pasted at the bottom of the page In a Santa hat.

22. OoogieBoogieMan
    3:23 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

#11… Can’t speak for others, but I check the site several times daily. However, some of us work for a living and don’t get to listen to the radio show very often. When the posts on the web site assume that you’re a radio show “insider”, it can be a bit annoying.

23. Ray Roy
    3:24 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Maybe i’d get on ksr if I looked like a meth addict to.

24. He doesn't seem
    3:24 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Very humble to have had such a rough home life? Reason I agree there may be some disability issues there.. I saw him dancing and filming himself once in an alley after a home game and he was by himself….

25. Burnsj
    3:29 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Pretty awesome the friendship you guys have built. Or shall I say “son”. Pretty cool though.

26. Bob wiley
    3:41 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Where can I get a stonecoldwillow baseball Jersey? That would be awesome! Maybe use the funds to help him out.

27. Cmon
    3:42 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Sorry for the misplaced comment, Drew. I guess the way you post and tweet about him constantly didn’t exactly portray the back-story you just explained. I sensed some really mean snark and thought it deserved to be called out. I was wrong. My bad.

I have a tendency to get defensive on stuff like this. I volunteer with disabled kids, mostly from low-income households and I’m quick to jump to their defense, even when I may be rash in my judgement.

28. CATS
    3:43 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

23.) He has been all over the website jackass. He is talked about more here than on the radio show. he doesn’t even call into the radio show.

And by the way I work for a living too…

Take your pompous ass somewhere else

29. CATS
    3:43 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

27.) Great idea, KSR shop needs to carry them.

30. bluefan
    3:44 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Let me just say that Terrence and Drew are awesome.

31. CATS
    3:45 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

30) and donate the proceeds to his college fund. We can dominate an online poll, but it would be nice to see ksr use their power to help this kid get ahead in life. Not to knock online polls. I love winning them, but this would be a good gesture

32. OoogieBoogieMan
    3:53 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

29. GTF over yourself, comment-section tough guy. I’ll be staying right here, so you’ll just have to kiss my pompous ass if you don’t like it. See ya.

33. CATS
    3:59 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

33.) Your posts make me feel like you have a mullet

34. Real Talk at UK
    4:00 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Its cool and all to raise money for this kid. What is not right is all of this publicity because when he is at the bars everyone is talking about him behind his back, the girls only want to talk to him for a picture (mocking him), and basically he is being ridiculed and teased by it all.

Is it what he wants? I mean he probably thinks the people hollering at him at the bars are doing it to be nice and say whats up when they just talk about him as soon as he leaves.

This kid puts in a lot of effort and time into trying to be popular and trying to fit in with the cool crowd. He doesnt have money to drink at the bars so he just goes carrying his fathead.
    The only interaction with girls he is getting is when he gropes them while hes taking pictures with them.

Keep up the Stonecold publicity tour KSR. This will either set up a future or be huge let down for this kid. Its not right, and itll come to a point he may do something crazy, like a public stunt from all of the peer pressure and cheering at some bar. He always does what people tell him to do and who knows how far he’ll go.

35. Bob wiley
    4:06 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

35) 90% of men at bars get made fun by women behind their backs, but never get to throw out the first pitch at a game. He is just one of the lucky ones.

36. Hoss_Cat
    4:10 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

#35 Gotta agree with ya if that’s what happens. I don’t really know all that goes on with the kid.

37. STOP THIS
    4:22 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

KSR STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS GUY! TALK ABOUT UK SPORTS!!! STOP ENCOURAGING HIM!!!

38. SamIAm
    4:23 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

I know I’m gonna get cruified for this but who is Stone Cold Willow? Please be easy on me.

39. I feel ya
    4:23 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

35.) My dad gave me one really good piece of advice, “some people are just assholes, end of story”

I bet there are people making fun of him, but there are some people, such as Matt and the crew who are truly being nice to the kid for the right reasons.

Here is to hoping those girls who are rude get herpes when they go home with the so called “cool bro guy” who will end up being jobless after graduation and no different than Willow. Except for the fact he is an asshole.

40. STOP THIS
    4:31 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

You are completely correct. I have been saying “stop encouraging him” forever now because he will do crazy things. He has done crazy things. He is just a bomb waiting to explode.

41. Real Talk at UK
    5:00 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

41- good point. The public seeing an inspirational story on the news thinking he is a charity chase is one thing but nothing compared to what he is capable of (given his history…if you dont know im sure you will soon). When crowds erupt in chants and look to the one guy who will do something cool/funny/stupid….Stonecold will be that guy because he needs that attention mentally.

Ive talked to him one on one before right before one of the tourney games uk was playing. We talked about uk vs the other team and he didnt say one complete sentence. Everything he said was just rambled thoughts coming out one after another.
    After I left talking to him, I saw him freak out about what channel the game was going to be on. It was on the right channel on all 10 tvs but he started a scene yelling to change channel until a bartender came out and chilled him out. Then minutes later the game starts on channel it was already on. (that is root of mental problems)

Im not hating on the guy. I am merely suggesting this will be a problem and people need to realize what is happening. Its can be compared to a ‘special’ kid being crowned prom king, going around after prom thinking he can get any girl and gets turned down, and goes and does something to himself or in public very shameful

42. Tony
    5:09 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Willow is an underprivileged “super” fan I guess you could say. A fixture at The Tin Roof and sort of a “little brother” to Moncell Allen. He is a good kid and funny as hell. All you bad asses talking the smack, I would encourage you to take all those comments to Turtle.

43. Stone Cold Willow
    5:23 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Look Here i had a time of my life and i will have many more in the future i dont care what people think of me in a bad way many people love me as much as i love them! great friends at UK and in Lexington. For once this is who i am and what i am and cant nobody stop me i got up close with T. Jones and i said its a Blessing and a Honor to throw the first pitch but as far as my life goes i take it one day at a time like Drew Franklin said He wasnt proud He was Happy for me i thank the Legends/UK Fans Supporting me! i love to Entertain thats my joy of life. Think Positive Not Negative. I am the Kentucky Rattlesnake and thats the bottom line cause Stone Cold Said So!! 🙂 The Fathead Will make its UK Baseball Debut Soon but Maybe Not the First Pitch tho who knows!!

44. Mkgistebow
    5:28 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

This video made my day. The more I see jones the more I realize what a good kid he is.

45. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    5:42 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

That kid makes me smile

46. Head Bussa
    6:03 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

To the dude who hates this dude for stinking: I know it sucks to sit by him, but be a friend and introduce him to soap, scrubing, and the application of deodorant. You may not believe it but he might not really understand how much deodorant is a MUST for a grown man.

47. BLUE BAWLA
    6:05 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

Lay off Willow and let’s talk about how Terrence Jones was a complete PRICK!!

48. Hayley Minogue
    6:16 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

I am a massive fan of SCW and really agree with most of you all in saying that we need to figure out a way to help willow get back in school!! I think Jones has completely redeemed himself in my books by trying to help willow out, and really hope that you all will get involved in helping just like I am going to!!!

49. UKscurr
    6:22 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

All I know is that Willow got some wandering hands. Saw him last night at Tinroof and that boy was walking through the crowd hands down grabbing ass. When he hugs girls he grab their butts and those girls dont say nothing cuz its him.

You know what happens when we do it , we get slapped

50. UKtrack
    6:25 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

48 – Typical girl…feeling sorry for the guy. Instead of education, get the guy what he wants and that is to lose his V-card

51. SuperTroy
    6:55 pm April 27, 2012 Permalink

This happened with Kige, and it’s happening with this kid. Everybody laughs at kids like this, because they think they are mentally handicapped, poor and desperate and willing to do anything for money or attention, or just plain uneducated. They laugh AT him and when asked why they are laughing are embarrassed and just say things like, “He’s awesome!”, because what they really mean is, it’s “awesome” that he will do whatever they tell him to and not question it at all because he wants the attention. I wonder if all these guys that really like him would offer him some cash or let him use their info as a reference on a job application. I wonder if those girls who let him touch their boobs, or who kiss him on the cheek wouldn’t gasp when he actually asked them out on a date or for their number.

If you are making fun of him-own up to it. If you really want to be his friend and hang out with him-show him the people who aren’t really his friends. Someone needs to be helping this kid. I don’t see KSR do anything but “throw nickels at the dancing bear” so to speak. It’s ridiculous. I feel really sorry for this guy. I hope his real friends begin to speak up.

52. Hayley Minogue
    2:03 am April 28, 2012 Permalink

UK track- The last thing i do is feel bad for him because there’s nothing to feel bad for? He is the typical college kid, except for the fact that he is taking every single moment of it and doing whatever he wants with it, rather than be worried about what everyone else is saying about him. obviously it’s getting him places in life to just be thankful for what he has and making the most out of it!

53. 502Cat
    9:11 am April 28, 2012 Permalink

I’ve never seen someone smooth their back out on the mound like that. He is a professional.