How much do you love DeMarcus Cousins?

(h/t Patrick Mallory)

DeMarcus Cousins made one young fan’s day following the UK Alumni game yesterday. Immediately following the game, Cousins took off his shoe and signed it. He then gave that signed shoe to the young boy pictured above. I think he might be a few years away from fitting into them, but the picture is precious. Anyone who has seen Cousins interact with children knows just how great he is with them. Kudos to Cousins for making an already special day even more memorable for a young Kentucky fan.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

24 Comments for How much do you love DeMarcus Cousins?

1. Axe Cop
    3:42 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

Cousins really is the best.

Also, I think that kid could sleep in that thing.

2. Regis Philbin
    3:47 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

Now that’s a big shoe!!!

3. stratblend
    3:50 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

I vote for nothing but basketball posts for the rest of the fall!

4. Dave in Bangkok
    3:54 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

BIG HEART! Gotta love it.

5. yep
    4:06 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

wonder how much he charged for it. paying for autographs? thats just not right.

6. theSkinny81
    4:20 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

5 – ‘the f**k are you talking about?

7. SoCal Will
    4:32 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

Boogie’s Sole Brother….

8. bigbluecats
    4:38 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

Sad thing is is all of BBN knows how much of a heart Big Cuz has but if he was spotted in Micky D’s giving his order back and simply telling them they got it wrong, the national media would run with that story saying what a prick he was. Same way with Cal. No matter how much he does for charity people outside of UK will look for ways to burn him at the stake. And whats different from Cal is he doesnt just give money to charity. He does things to raise money and get everyone involved. Rant over. It just pisses me off when the outsiders treat our big blue brethren with disrespect. Ok now Im done.
    Oh and I agree with post 3. The only thing we need to know about football is when they name the new coach.

9. Jen
    4:38 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

His head can fit inside that shoe, I miss Cousins!

10. BBB
    4:39 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

Fire joker !!!!!!!!!!

11. Pete Thamel
    4:54 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

#8 Which Mickey D’s was that?

12. CatFan4Life
    5:00 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

Much nicer shot of this young man immediately after claiming his prize at Rupp yesterday: http://gobigblue.co/4s5

13. Indiana Tom
    5:01 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

GREAT PICTURE!!

14. true blue
    6:32 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

My favorite player of all time. When KSR came to West Liberty for the show. DeMarcus sent a signed Kings jersey, with the stipulation it was to be given to an athlete who had lost their home during the tornado. Love this big teddy bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. UKBlue
    6:38 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

DeMarcus is just awesome; let the haters hate, DeMarcus is & will always be BBN. Wish we still had him, and especially since he helped bring us back to the mountain top, wish he could have been part of the championship.

16. Incrediblue
    7:21 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

Is that kid one of the “Whos” from Whosville?

17. Yep
    7:54 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

For those of u who didn’t stand in line to get autographs, cousins and company charged $20 for an autograph. After the event, AD and wall was charging $50!

18. NotJimmyDykes
    8:14 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

My son was standing at the end of the steps, watching wall and cousins interact. Cousins walks over out of his way to give my son five. Probably the biggest and most memorable experience for him when it comes to UK basketball. He hasnt quit talking about it yet! I miss Big Cuz

19. yep is a bitch
    8:47 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

#18 Big Cuz signed my girls cast and she still talks about it .So I see big Cuz in the same light as you.# 17 people like you make me sick. These ate pro athletes and doing autographs for money is what they do. You they traveled from all over to be at the event on their own dime so what if they can make a little money also. I bet you expect a pay check from your job as well. The point we are trying to make is Big Cuz has been very gracious with kids he’s came into contact with. There is a big difference in charging fot autograph at a event like they had last night and just bumping into them in public when he has the option of just going the other way or saying no.

20. yep
    9:13 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

#19- guess it dont matter. i had to pay ur mom for sum head. like u said, nothing wrong with making a lil on the way. bet u take it up the ass.

21. nope
    9:21 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

20… Judging by your comments, you are either black trash aka (we all know the word), or white trash aka a dumb redneck. Either way, you are trash and your comments are ridiculously stupid… But, what else can you expect. #LOWIQ

22. Bushmaster
    9:23 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

I was standing 2 feet away when he took off his shoes and signed them and gave them to two little boys in the crowd. It was a special treat for these boys. And as far as charging, I don’t know about later, but after the game Big Cuz was the only one that walked over to the crowd and signed and took pics for free. They had to start turning out the lights to get him to stop. Like him or not, he is a real class act!!

23. Yep
    9:56 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

#20- as for u, I think it’s crazy to charge for autographs. People like u who sucks ex players roots that are trash. Stupid ass trash. Bet u don’t have all ur teeth. Ur dad is probably ur uncle! For all the other clowns think its ok to charge people for a name u can’t even read, y’all can kiss my ass too. D. Anderson and those guys didn’t charge shit to sign stuff.

24. Agree with yep
    10:56 pm September 16, 2012 Permalink

I myself have to agree with yep. Not all of the comments but most of it. My family and I drove 600+ miles to come to this event. I told my kids that there will be players giving autographs. I was excited for my kids. Well, we got there and the line was a mile long. We could hardly wait to see big cuzz! When we got half way people were talking about paying for the autographs. I couldn’t believe this was happening. Drove all the way up here, gas 3.79 a gallon, hotel room 125 and food? This was dissapionting for me and many other fans. Players shouldn’t make fans pay for autographs. It’s just not right.