Hot UK Fan of the Day Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

That picture will make you forget all about Saturda… Wait… What were we talking about? Where am I?

Notes. Podcast. Go.

— It’s Monday and that means two things: Matt Jones is watching wrasslin’ tonight and the polls were released this afternoon. Kentucky is ranked No. 3 in both the AP and ESPN/USA Today Coaches polls this week, behind top-ranked Syracuse and Ohio State. Louisville and Duke round out the top five.

— Kentucky received four first place votes in the AP poll and one of those voters might surprise you. The Courier-Journal’s Rick Bozich voted for the Cats as the nation’s best team in his AP ballot this week. Frank Schwab from Colorado Springs, Jason Franchuk from Provo, Utah, and San Jose Mercury News’ Jon Wilner also deserve high-fives. They know who the best team in the country is.

— A lot of you seem upset that Ohio State is ranked higher than Kentucky when, in my opinion, that’s exactly how it should be. Ohio State lost to a better team with Jared Sullinger on the bench. Arguing that Kentucky played without Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis is just ridiculous. Foul trouble is part of the game and Terrence Jones had 28 minutes to do something. Jared Sullinger was on the bench in a sweater. That’s completely different. If Sullinger plays in that game, Ohio State wins, remains undefeated and is ranked No. 1 in the country. Accept it.

— Speaking of acceptance, Louisville fans need to realize that they’re lucky to be No. 4 and accept it. Louisville is not one of the four best teams in the country. Enjoy the spot you’re in, Card fans. If you want respect, play somebody. Louisville has played one road game all season when they traveled all the way to Indianapolis to play a rebuilding Butler team that has lost to teams like Evansville and Ball State.

— Enough with the polls, how ’bout those ladies? I’m talking about UK Hoops. We mentioned this a couple times yesterday but enough can’t be said about Matthew Mitchell’s team forcing 49 turnovers in one game. What’s even crazier is that they forced 48 turnovers in a game less than one month ago. I didn’t think that was even possible to do, especially twice in one season.

— The UK Hoops team also swept the SEC Awards this week. A’dia Mathies was named SEC Player of the Week and Bria Gross was named SEC Freshman of the Week. The women’s basketball team is getting it done this season and Kentucky could have another top five team when the women’s polls are released.

— In NBA news, a trade is on the table to send Chris Paul to the Clippers for Chris Kaman, Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu, and an unprotected 2012 draft pick. The only thing holding up the trade is Eric Bledsoe. The Hornets want to add Eric Bledsoe to the trade or the deal is off. NBA analysts say it’s just a way for league owners to ruin the deal but I say it’s the Hornets wanting an awesome up-and-coming guard with arms the size of mini-horses. (UPDATE: The deal is off.)

The Truth finally got his moment on this morning’s radio show. You owe it to him to take a listen…

Article written by Drew Franklin

42 Comments for Hot UK Fan of the Day Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. RidgeRunner
    2:06 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

WOW! I needed that pic! sonofa….

Drew…ya say “Arguing that Kentucky played without Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis is just ridiculous.” I beg to differ & I’m not talkin about Ant. I’m….umm….ok, I said I would not go there & I will keep my promise.

2. UL Fan
    2:08 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

But we beat Fairleigh Dickerson, that has to count for something

3. RidgeRunner
    2:10 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

I’m bustin’ at the seems here. ruffinscruffingood4nuthn””’ I feel like yo samity sam tryin’ to get out what I want to say but hell, I already said it a hundred times.

4. DerbyCityGlobetrotter
    2:10 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Good god she is white hot!

5. The Sunshine Band
    2:13 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Anyone arguing about us playing without Davis and Jones is ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as acting like it’s a forgone conclusion that Ohio State WOULD have won had Sullinger played. No way to know that for sure at all. My guess is they lose that game either way.

6. The Sunshine Band
    2:13 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

7. Hoops Malone
    2:14 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Indiana would beat UofL by 12 TODAY. #4 ranking is a joke.

8. The Rich White Man in Control
    2:22 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

5) You’re gay.

9. Zydrunas Ilgauskas
    2:23 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

The OSU love can only mean one thing. KSR is officially an arm of CBS.

10. UL Fan
    2:26 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

UK Fans are just hating. We are undefeated and it wasn’t easy. We had to beat Lamar, Fairleigh Dickerson, Tenn-Martin, Arkansas State, Ohio, Long Beach State, and IUPUI at home. Do you not realize how hard that is? We should be ranked #1 in the nation

11. Carl
    2:28 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Maybe if we could get her to kiss TJ’s basketballs before the game he’ll have a little more energy…just sayin’.
    I don’t think KSR is showing OSU any extra love, they are trying to keep one foot in reality. The pollsters are generally not going to punish a team for losing without their star player…on the road…to a top 20 team…in Kansas….just sayin’.

12. The Rich White Man in Control
    2:28 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

I was listening to the sports station in Nashville, 104.5 the Zone and they brought up a very interesting question…..how does Yancey Gates get suspended for 6 games for knocking somebody out in a basketball game and Vanderbilt’s Ezili gets suspended the same amount for admitting to receiving one free dinner. Something is wrong here. That thug doesn’t deserve to even be allowed to play the rest of the season IMO.

13. BPsycho
    2:32 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

#8 +1

14. Real UofL Fan
    2:34 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

11. Don’t forget Vandy.

15. Gomer
    2:36 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

SHHHHHAAAAAAAAZZZAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

16. The Rich White Man in Control
    2:37 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

15) Right, let’s not forget the overrated team without arguably their most important player that practically handed the game over in overtime.

17. RidgeRunner
    2:39 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

13…check out this quote from Jay Bilas (I love this)

“Imagine the suspension if Enes Kanter had punched someone after eating a bagel with cream cheese at the celebration of Cal’s 500th win”

18. jaxcats8503
    2:41 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Ricky Three Stacks hyperbole alert: THAT IS SINGLE-HANDILY THE GREATEST PICTURE POSTED IN THE HISTORY OF THE KSR WEBSITE.

19. The Rich White Man in Control
    2:42 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

19) Ha that’s pretty good….that makes me like Jay Bilas a little.

20. Joe
    2:43 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

21. Real UofL Fan
    2:44 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

17. Ezeli would’ve been a significant difference for Vandy in terms of rebounding and defense but I still think he would not have been able to match up with both Behanan and Dieng on the court simultaneously.

22. Real UofL Fan
    2:44 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

*16 rather

23. catcrawler
    2:45 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

I’ve said it a million times, cloning is a good thing. Get rid of the ugly genes.

24. Crowbar
    2:47 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

18 – He’s giving the NCAA hell over the “punishments” handed out. Love it. Here’s another good one from Bilas’ twitter: “Vandy’s Festus Ezeli takes a free meal, six game suspension. Cincy’s Yancy Gates opens up an opponent’s skull, six game suspension. Yikes.”

25. Donkey Lips
    2:56 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Who has Syracuse played besides one overrated crummy SEC team in Florida who they beat by 4? Yet no one complains about them being ranked so high. UofL has as much of a claim to the top spot as they do, have been plagued with injuries, and have taken care of business on their end.

It’s understandable though, you guys are getting scared so you have to downplay their team as much as possible.

26. Syrin
    2:59 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

If UK was undefeated going into the tourney, it would have added another layer of pressure this team doesn’t need.

27. Ksr
    2:59 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Who cares its december

28. Aaron Craft's Rosacea
    3:11 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Anyone read Story’s article about Rodrick Rhodes? It was actually a pretty decent story about his new gig.

29. KD
    3:17 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

30) the train…you’re gonna get pulled! Happy New Year!

30. The Train
    3:22 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Ha you thought I was serious in my post at #30 didn’t you? Fooled ya! Come on, even I (a UL fan) knows that my dirty birds don’t stand a chance in Rupp!

31. rukiddingme
    3:23 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

POINTS PER GAME 71.6-116th
    OVERALL REBOUNDS PER GAME40.9-22nd
    OVERALL ASSISTS PER GAME14.7-75th
    OVERALL FIELD GOAL PCT.452-113th
    these are the % for the 4th ranked team in the nation….WOW r u kiddin me!!!

32. Japrick
    3:26 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Matthew Mitchell is one hell of a coach. No doubt. What worries me is that when Summitt finally decides to hang it up, who do you suppose Tennessee will come courtin’? Would he go?

33. rukiddingme
    3:34 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

POINTS PER GAME 81.2-15th
    OVERALL REBOUNDS PER GAME42.0-8th
    OVERALL ASSISTS PER GAME14.7-75th
    OVERALL FIELD GOAL PCT.496-14th
    Now these are the %’s for the former no.1 and present no.3 team in the nation WOW….r u kiddin me!!!!

34. WKYDUDE
    3:34 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

#32…does women’s basketball have the same sort of draw that men’s does? I don’t think so. I think that he could stay right here and build it into something special. He’s well on his way.

35. rukiddingme
    3:40 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

POINTS PER GAME 80.8-18th
    OVERALL REBOUNDS PER GAME38.3-66th
    OVERALL ASSISTS PER GAME18.4-9th
    OVERALL FIELD GOAL PCT.495-15th
    and tese are the %’s for the no.2 team in the nation…r u kiddin me

36. Santa Claus
    3:46 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Who is that masterpiece of a woman????

37. rukiddingme
    3:48 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

POINTS PER GAME 80.1-24th
    OVERALLREBOUNDS PER GAME38.7-56th
    OVERALLASSISTS PER GAME17.2-13th
    OVERALLFIELD GOAL PCT.476-46th
    and now for your no.1 team in the nation…WOW!….R U KIDDN ME

38. The other other UofL fan
    4:34 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

You know what i don’t want to hear your bitchin and moanin about Louisville doesn’t deserve to be number four. Hell ya we do. UK gets beat when number one and now they are three. But when Louisville loses to a damn good team like UK or ‘Cuse we move back to 25(WTF) so you be thankful for your team bcus u know cals going to screw u over like lebron.

39. ILCatsFan
    4:58 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Giggity giggity, giggity goo!

40. Syrin
    4:59 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Anyone know what Shabazz tweeted after our loss?

41. Katdaddy