Hot Harrow > Cool Harrow

One of the most pleasant surprises in Ryan Harrow’s recent improvement is his hot three-point shooting. Over the last three games, Harrow is 6-10 from three-point range, including a 4-5 performance from behind the arc last night. Harrow says his sweet shooting stroke is a sign of the work he’s putting in during practice:

“I was just playing basketball. Coach told me if I am open to shoot it. We do a five minute shooting drill in practice and if you make 50 shots in the five minutes then you’ve got the green light. I’ve been making over 50 in the drill so he told me that if I get open, just shoot it.”

Over 50 shots in five minutes? Whoa. Ryan’s game wasn’t completely flawless though; he had four turnovers, two of which Cal blamed on Ryan reverting back to “Cool Ryan” in postgame remarks. Harrow admitted the lapse, which he rebounded from quickly:

“Yea when I did the behind-the-back dribble he took me out and said ‘If you want to be cool you can sit over here’ and I said ‘Okay, I’m not cool anymore’ so he put me back in the game. I was able to finish the game off so everything was good.”

Stay hot, Ryan.

8 Comments for Hot Harrow > Cool Harrow

1. Clouseau
    10:49 am January 3, 2013 Permalink

Awesome quote from Harrow. Kid is really turning the corner, great to see. Reminds me in some ways of Liggins.

2. Bobbum man
    11:02 am January 3, 2013 Permalink

Gotta say I was one of the people that thought harrow was never gonna play for us again back when he was away and sick, glad he proved me wrong… Couldn’t be happier seeing him develop the way he has been hopefully it will continue and he can keep improving. Keep it up ryan

3. cracka
    11:03 am January 3, 2013 Permalink

loserville fans are coming to a uk blog looking for articles on loserville … you have got to be kidding

why do u of lol trolls make a name like cayuts or uk freshmen or whatever? do they not realize if they don’t have a life, spend their time in the comments section of a friggin blog of a rival team, they could at least make a handle that makes sense

florida was smacked in the face by being put up against #21 … 1 vs 2, 3 vs 21, 4 vs 5 … how does that make sense? maybe louisville was ranked too low? idk, but i’m pretty sure florida wasn’t amped up for that game … the line beards get to run around about the win, but the rest of the country was robbed of having a better matchup to watch, florida should’ve played a better team

4. Most interesting man in the world
    12:13 pm January 3, 2013 Permalink

Stay hot my friend.

5. Jus Sayin
    12:26 pm January 3, 2013 Permalink

Ryan Harrow has really turned it around. It should make UK fans proud.

6. Ridge Runner
    12:57 pm January 3, 2013 Permalink

I’d love to have heard him say…”OK, I’m not cool anymore” in an effort to get back in. haha, great stuff. Liking this kid.

7. Bob
    1:11 pm January 3, 2013 Permalink

So hot you’re cool, so cool you’re hot

8. G-Unit
    2:36 pm January 3, 2013 Permalink

When harrow is on does he remind anyone of Brandon JEnnings kinda? does me…