Horrifying Tennessee fan video

butch

As Kentucky fans, we don’t have much room to make fun of corny songs made by overzealous old men commemorating the Cats in odd ways.  The video below, however, just blasted open some space for us to do just that.  Youtube user, allVOLyall, created a song honoring Tennessee’s new head coach, Butch Jones.  If you can handle this man’s horrible, droning voice for about four minutes, you will be witness to one Volunteer fans wild delusions of grandeur.

This egregious overestimation of Butch Jones’ potential (nobody is touching Saban right now, especially not Butch Jones),while obviously satirical, is not very far off base from the feelings that most UT fans seem to be experiencing.  While Kentucky fans are cautiously optimistic about the future thanks to a few recruiting coups by a new coach (obviously Kentucky has a much greater climb than Tennessee–but the recruiting successes thus far have been comparable), Tennessee fans have thrown caution to the wind, convinced that this will be the last year they suffer through mediocrity.  By the time the 2014 season rolls around, the Vols will be ready to challenge for a national title–#ButchPlease.

But seriously–this video is pretty disturbing.

Article written by Matt Wheatley

30 Comments for Horrifying Tennessee fan video

1. Merica
    9:38 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Probably would be better with the bottom teeth in. Goodnight!!

2. Shelton8Me
    9:40 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Big Blue Kitten wins again. Takes the Sword Dancer Invitational at Saratoga. Owned by ’58 UK Grad Ramsay.

3. Hal
    9:41 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

might wanna check the site more often.

4. Shawon
    9:46 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Um, haven’t we seen this on the site already?

5. Yeah
    9:51 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

You do realize John Osborne is a professional sports writer and football talk show host. My uncle the UT fan showed me this guy when they were looking at Gruden. Guy is pretty funny. Not nearly as bad as the UGA song or that Liz Honey from Arkansas (that lady is nuts.)

6. Dna
    9:52 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Same guy who did the Gruden to UT vids, God bless Agrudica!

7. Rise
    9:55 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Almost as bad as the old UK fan sitting in his rocking chair with his balls out singing go big blue, I love you.

8. IHateLouisville
    10:09 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

I cannot un-hear that……….O_o

9. Yep
    10:20 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Give the guy some credit. It’s far better than anything any of our fans have ever come up with.

10. Wait a minute,
    10:22 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Is this Tennessee Sports Radio site the video is on affiliated with KSR?

11. Not Bad...
    10:26 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Honestly this is not bad at all as far as fan videos go. I don’t know exactly who this guy is, but for a low budget song it was actually catchy. I feel as if lately we have been trying too hard to make fun of the Vols when they have actually have been doing some good things (i.e. the new uniforms they have). We need to stop blindly hating everybody so much

12. The BigKat
    10:29 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

I think it’s pretty good.

13. 44 Stitches
    10:36 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

This dude ain’t got nothing on Doe B “Let Me Find Out” The original not the remix with snitch T.I. and weak fake Juicy J.

14. Bluevoodoo
    10:49 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Hilarity. I laugh every time I see it. The guy is funny.

15. cracka
    11:02 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

this is why you all keep getting ut ads when you’re on ksr

16. ConvenientFoodMart
    11:08 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Best we’ve seen since the dearly departed Jim Varney. Does he have an agent? ya know whut i maen?

17. Wildcat Sundays
    11:39 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Didn’t realize the man’s name was Jahwns. Thought it was Jones. And I agree the singer should have put his bottom teeth in.

18. cats42301
    11:57 pm August 17, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone else remember a song in 2004 called “Fat Bottomed Boy” a parody of the Queen song “Fat Bottomed Girls” the song was referring to Jared Lorenzen? I remember 98.1 the Bull in Lexington played it during football season. I think it was written and performed by a UK fan. I had it saved on a pc and it got deleted. I’ve been unable to find it anywhere online. It was hilarious. If anyone has it please let me know.

19. Eazy E or Eric Wright it's all the same
    12:41 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

His Grudemonium video is hilarious – reminds me of the Cats fans that were desperate for Petrino.

20. backpack
    12:58 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

I thought it was pretty funny.

21. Buckets
    1:23 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

Anyone who thinks this is remotely good has the absolute worst taste in music. There aren’t words to describe how completely awful this is.

22. skervy
    1:31 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

He has sad eyes

23. butch jones
    6:51 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

Yea I’m gonna kick your ass

24. Love Satire
    7:28 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

A man of talent, he managed to get an audience with us Big Blue fans. At least we know who he is and I am sure that was his point from the start. Good job, UT

25. bigcatstanding
    9:48 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m not going to make fun of this guy no more than the UK fan that sung a song he wrote about Kentucky. Both are passionate fans for two different teams and good for both of them. So teeth or no teeth keep them coming lol and don’t forget thats an SEC team, isn’t that our conference and shouldn’t we be rooting for them other than when we play them. I vacation in Tennessee every year and I wouldn’t mind to live there tomorrow. I always would maintain my Kentucky connection by being a wild cat fan. BBN RULES ILF#9

26. bigcatstanding
    9:53 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

#18 that sounds like something Weird Al Yankovich used to do, he would sing songs like Michael Jackson beat it and call it just eat it. Don’t remember the other ones right off hand but he did that to a lot of songs. I’m sure you’re right about the fan on doing that song but just made me think of that.

27. wow
    10:33 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

first time commenter…i dont know how i finished that video. wow

28. Jen
    10:43 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

People still get ads on here? Install Adblock Plus and get rid of them. It’s hard to believe people still look at the internet without it.

29. Do whut?
    11:05 am August 18, 2013 Permalink

Since as you pointed out it is satirical how exactly is it disturbing? Do the KSR writers even read their own articles?

30. I Only Root for Kentucky
    4:36 pm August 18, 2013 Permalink

#25 What are you talking about???? Does Auburn root for Alabama or LSU root for Arkansas? Forget the other schools in the SEC. When they win we lose recruits. Same goes for Loueyville.