Holly From The Bachelor Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

Holly didn’t get a rose on the season premiere of The Bachelor, but she did get a dandelion from the Clear Channel parking lot after her appearance on Kentucky Sports Radio radio this morning. Matt and the gang welcomed Holly on to the show to talk about her Derby hat, the Final Four, and Charles Barkley. She also said something about wanting afternoon notes and a podcast.

— Kentucky’s 20-point win over Arkansas-Little Rock marked the end of non-conference play for the season. The Cats will kick off league play at home against South Carolina on Saturday, followed by road games at Auburn and Tennessee, Arkansas and Alabama at home, Georgia and LSU on the road, and then Tennessee and South Carolina. Kentucky should be heavy favorites in all of those before traveling to Florida on February 7th. There is no reason why the Cats shouldn’t be 9-0 in the SEC entering that game.

— Michael Kidd-Gilchrist met with doctors this morning regarding the injury he suffered in the Louisville game. Last night, Calipari said his freshman phenom is having pains in his chest area. “I don’t know if it is a pulled muscle or what in his chest area,” he said. “It was last game that it happened but we are going to get him checked up and he didn’t feel right at halftime. I told them to give him some medicine to see if they could loosen it up. We will check on him tomorrow, but I think he will be fine.”

— Darius Miller became the 58th member to join the 1,000 point last night. Miller scored 15 against Arkansas-Little Rock to hit the 1,010 mark for his career. After the game, Miller spoke about his achievement, “It’s an honor to be a part of something like this, especially in the type of program that we are in. It feels good and I’m excited about it. I am just blessed be a part of something like this.”

— Also, Anthony Davis moved up into a tie with DeMarcus Cousins, Perry Stevenson, and Melvin Turpin at No. 10 for most shot blocks in a season. Davis has blocked 67 shots on the year, 16 shy of the Kentucky single-season record.

— Freedom Hall smelled like syrup last night and I can’t find anyone with an explanation as to why. If you or someone you know have any idea why Freedom Hall smelled like a Sam’s-Club-sized box of Waffle Crisp cereal, please enlighten us. It’s really bothering me.

— Enjoy your “Holly” podcast…

Article written by Drew Franklin

57 Comments for Holly From The Bachelor Wants Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. CRAZY BUM ON THE BUS
    2:19 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

“YOU, SQUEEZE YOUR T**S TOGETHER!” EHHHH
    “YOU, STICK YOUR THUMB IN YOUR BUTT” SPUEK
    DAVE CHAPELLE

2. lionelrichie
    2:22 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Matt, KSR CREW, The smell came from the roasted german nuts they have every day at Freedom and the convention center. regardless of date, event, religous holiday, etc etc etc German Roasted Nuts are for Sale, Somewhere in freedom hall and or the convention center.

3. Porcino's
    2:22 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

What hat? I don’t see a hat.

4. lionelrichie
    2:22 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Sorry……… Drew

5. Threadee McThreadThread
    2:23 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

I see what you did there, Jones — bringing on one of the few people alive who can make Ryan sound…well…not smart…let’s say “partially educated.”

6. William Braskey
    2:27 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

According to a story today by Josh Gershon of Scout.com, Aaron Gordon (San Jose, Calif./Archbishop Mitty) is still favoring Arizona and Washington but several other programs are also in the mix.

As we noted last week, Kentucky is now involved. “Kentucky came to one of my practices and then (John) Calipari called me on the phone,” Gordon told the website. “It’s Kentucky, you can’t just cancel them out.”

Cal Effect

7. Rick Poteeno
    2:29 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

CLEEEEEEAVAAAAGE! There I finally said it! *Poses with his eyes bugging out at her pic.

8. Cliver
    2:34 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Them’s some tigs.

9. ABC
    2:39 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

“Kentucky should be heavy favorites in all of those before traveling to Florida on February 7th”

Florida comes to Rupp on 2/7/12

10. Al's IndiCats
    2:39 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Nice design on the fireplace.

11. HoboKat
    2:39 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

I dont know about Freedom Hall, but a couple years ago there was a maple syrup smell that engulfed the New York metro area.

Mayor Bloomberg says lets have pancakes: http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/02/05/us-newyork-odor-idUSTRE5145QH20090205

12. JohnnyVersace
    2:40 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

When you are trying to gain 50 pounds, everything smells like maple syrup.

13. catfanran
    2:45 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Smell or not the place is a DUMP unless they can get the Yum, the CATS should stay out of the VILLE… They didnt even have internet for media row, could not turn lights out for player introduction, it has gone down badly in just one year…………….play ALL games in Rupp or go back to Cincinnati for the northern Ky and southern Ohio U K fans

14. Jax Teller
    2:46 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

2 things:
    1) The pain in MKG’s chest only because he needs an oil change. Like any machine, from time to time you need a tune up.
    2) I have no explanation on why Freedom Hall smelled like Mrs. Buttersworths, but if you need a reason why the YUM! Center smells like sizzurp, I can help you out there.

15. CoachCal
    2:48 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Flapjacks anyone? ho ho ho im so f*cking hungry

16. Kidnut
    2:49 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Smokes, 2 of the girls are from Cincinnati including the crazy one

17. Jrod
    2:50 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

#14…what?

18. DarthWaver
    2:51 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Freedom Hall always smells like that. It’s the German Roasted nuts. < Not a joke.

19. Brandon
    2:51 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Drew: it’s the candied nuts they used to sell there during games. Seriously, the paper cones full of candied nuts at one of the vendors. It permeated the building over the years.

20. C Ray
    2:53 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

I think I could learn to love Holly, even with her ugly hat.

21. Cainethebarber
    2:58 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Freedom Hall smells like waffle crisp cereal, because of the German roasted nut wagons surrounding the outer walkway around the arena. :0)~

22. nevergetsold
    2:59 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

“hey, do you know who this Rick Pitino is who keeps inviting me to Porcinos”

23. Charles Barkely
    3:00 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Ricky three stacks always complained about how sticky the floors around freedom hall were, but I’m not sure it smelled like syrup.

24. atlantacat
    3:12 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Is there a pretty woman out there that doesn’t have implants? Geeesh….

25. SexnNursinHomes
    3:16 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

24- that’s a bad thing?
    “man, what’s up with these hot chicks being born with vaginas”

26. TS
    3:29 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

The ‘syrup’ smell also can be attributed to all of the caramel corn they were popping up.

27. CalsGal
    3:59 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

The question that Matt should have asked–“Whose idea was it to wear the hat–yours or someone affiliated with the show?” Lots more to that story…

28. WE_ARE_UK
    4:01 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Man I love the show and listen every day/night on podcast but Mr. Jones why are you so hard on Ryan lol. I know he makes numerous mistakes but in all honestly I’m surprised Ryan hasn’t fired back at you either on the air or off bc its one thing to joke around about someones mistakes but its almost rude the way he you treat him. I guess Ryan must be very non confrontational bc not too many people would like to be treated the way you treat him. I know this will get deleted but I just thought you may want to know that you come off a lot more rude then I think you want to be.

29. Teddy Valentine
    4:06 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

I knew I should have ate before the game…That roasted nut smell was distracting.

30. Bulldawg
    4:11 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

how come it does not have todays show on there? It has yesterdays which I have already listened to twice, I am patiently waiting to listen to todays show, again…

31. KevinC
    4:22 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

LOL…Freedom Hall smells like syrup, and yet the NEW arena gets named YUM. Oh the irony….

32. minton227
    4:24 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

look at the tits on that one.

33. J.Will
    4:35 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Now I understand why all these attractive people from the Bachelor are still single.

34. BlueFins
    4:39 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

The phone made her sound much younger, but she does have tangible assets.

35. Catsantonio
    4:40 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

24) who cares?

36. Tonyselksarms
    4:44 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

I would have not given her a rose, but I would have given her tulips:). I was roping for her, her hometown date would have been great she was from salyersville! Let’s go to the gas station/ Wendy’s

37. JVice
    5:09 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

25 – it sure ain’t a good one.

38. Can't Remember
    6:13 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

No talk of how a whopping 14K fans made it ALL THE WAY to Freedom Hall?

39. random hero
    6:15 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Damn, she’s a lot hotter than she sounds

40. ukcats
    6:39 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Have you never been to Freedom Hall? It’s ALWAYS smelled like syrup. It’s its only redeeming quality.

41. GrumpyOldDude
    6:49 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

If I was her baby, I’d breastfeed till age 10…..

42. salyersville man
    7:11 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

#36 Don’t knock Salyersville and we don’t have a Wendy’s.

43. SexnNursinHomes
    7:16 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

37- times are tough man

44. B Witte
    7:32 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

How does anyone notice a hat, seriously?

45. Bigcat4453
    7:49 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

I’m with #26 I always felt that Freedom Hall and the surrounding expo center always carried the smell of carmel popcorn. Which would make it smell like syrup since corn syrup is the msin ingredient in both..

46. nolablue
    7:56 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

#44– See, that’s what I was thinkin’. I mean, I’m a female and I looked at that
    photo and thought, “They saw the hat???”

47. chocolateballs
    8:28 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

First off, they are real. She has had them her whole life. Second, yes. She is a gold digger. And no, she was not in “a real relationship that she thought was the one”. She has been engaged 4 times: Mumme, the guy from Salyersville, some other guy, the guy she met with last guy who was showing them vacation properties, and then the vacation property guy who gladly welcomed her in from that engagement to his own. She is a nice girl, but WHO THE F goes through FOUR engagements??? Matt did a nice job of sniffing that one out (no pun intended. BAM). She wants a rich guy. At 34, from Salyersville, I dont see it coming. Just being honest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY

48. chocolateballs
    8:29 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

And yeah #24. Those aint implants. She is as hot as they come. Fact. But she is also all of 4’10”

49. Dr. Phil
    8:40 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Matt, sorry but every time you talk to a woman on the show I see why you are single.

50. UKGirl
    8:46 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Agree 49. I think he sounded extremely harsh. I would have thought he was a prick if I were her. He’s more sensitive to men.

51. hithere3387
    8:51 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

are we sure that woman isn’t the crazy one? that was a disaster.

52. Dave A
    9:22 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Cheatem Hall smelled like syrup because of the caramel corn. That place is depressing.

53. JoeBob
    10:25 pm January 4, 2012 Permalink

Of course those are real. The left one is noticeably bigger than the right

54. Spiderman rules
    12:52 am January 5, 2012 Permalink

when did this become bachelorsportsradio??? #gayallday

55. Leslie Mattsey
    2:31 am January 5, 2012 Permalink

It’s the interest rate. Instead of paying interest rates banks now make their money (what was our interest) off credit cards. They don’t want people to save money. They force money into the Stock Market by not paying interest rates. That’s why banks are now finding ways to make money off fees instead of interest. I used to make about 2% interest on my savings, banks would than charge about 2% or more for loaning it to those credit worthy. But Wall Street bought the President and Congress and that’s where we are now.Guild Wars 2 Gold

56. Lou eaton
    9:33 am January 5, 2012 Permalink

#26 has the most likely answer in caramel corn (popping). Sometimes in a smaller room i.e. at home a minor electrical problem can briefly give off a semi-sweet syrup smell…

57. Bachelor
    1:31 pm January 6, 2012 Permalink

At this present time I am not saying she is mining for precious metals but she certainly is not associating with gentlemen of lower fiinancial status.