Holiday Killed The Radio Show, Again

I have bad news for all of you radio show listeners out there. Today’s show is a replay of an old episode so Matt and the boys can enjoy their Christmas Eve Eve. Since posting on the show thread is as routine as brushing your teeth and eating breakfast for some of you, I thought I’d put a post up anyway so you have a place to chat about whatever.

Kentucky Sports Radio radio will be back on Tuesday at its regularly scheduled time of four minutes after Matt wakes up. In the meantime, please send sympathetic comments and e-mails to the KSR bloggers who don’t get the day off. We like holidays too, ya know.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Holiday Killed The Radio Show, Again

1. castanza
    9:58 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

Christmas Eve Eve – You mean festivus??

2. Pabloco
    9:58 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

He works 2 hours in the morning on radio and an hour a night on TV. Must be exhausted. He definitely needs a long weekend.

3. UKFanInCincy
    9:59 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you!! I am so proud to be apart of BBN!! Lets go get #8 this year!

4. DREWBLUE
    10:02 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

Merry Christmas Drew, so glad I found you guys to brighten my day.

5. Tom
    10:07 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

Only problem is Christmas Eve is tomorrow.

6. Paducah Patty
    10:09 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

Who would UK fans like to have Festivus with. Especially the airing of grievances. My list so far; Rick Pitino, Dan Dakich, Bobby Knight, Digger Phelps, Billy Clyde. . .

7. Mr.Economy
    10:10 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

Any way we can have a replay of Mr. Ed instead?

Mr. Economy

8. Mr.Economy
    10:12 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

Happy Festivus!

9. Mr.Economy
    10:13 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

Frank Costanza: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.
    Cosmo Kramer: What happened to the doll?
    Frank Costanza: It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born … a Festivus for the rest of us!
    Cosmo Kramer: That must have been some kind of doll.
    Frank Costanza: She was.

10. Paducah Patty
    10:13 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

9 HAHA

11. darryl isaac
    10:18 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

tuned in not knowing this was a replay and heard there was a commitment and then talking about gary harris so I thought he decommitted lol, i thought i was way out of the loop.

12. Bastard Yak
    10:18 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

We got Archie Goodwin!!!!! Just heard it on the radio show. I’m so excited. Word is that Cauley and Poythress are UK leans as well.

13. Mark
    10:19 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

Since they mentioned Shabazz, I’ll leave this here as well, from today.

Aaron Kall @AaronsUKBBBlog 1h Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Rivals.com recruiting analyst Jerry Meyer says the current leader for Shabazz Muhammad is Kentucky

14. Mr.Economy
    10:35 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

How to Get a Festivus Pole:

There are places on the web where you can order one. But, do you think that Frank Costanza ordered his Festivus pole from a web site? Festivus poles don’t come from a commercial entity. They come from the crawlspace, not from the mailman!

Advice: Go to your crawlspace (or attic, basement or closet) and find out what you do have. Do you have an old lamp pole, curtain rod, a wooden plank, a cardboard tube? Anything that is non-commercial and non-flashy. That is the true spirit of Festivus.

If you are bound and determined to have an actual aluminum pole then go to the junkyard and find one. If that fails then go to the hardware store and buy a cheap piece of aluminum tube. Make sure that you are rude to the salesperson and try to barter the price down, because that’s what Frank Costanza would have done.

15. KidCody
    10:39 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

The Big East is the Hufflepuff of conferences.

16. Mr. Likeitornot
    11:36 am December 23, 2011 Permalink

Why do some UK fans keep putting up lofty expectations for our football team, especially with who we have as coach? We are in a conference that has won the national championship for almost a decade straight and have two teams playing for it this time. Wake up! Be thankful we have a great BASKETBALL team and coach. Set your expectation upon that. I’m not saying to stop supporting the football team. I’m just saying be realistic. That way these young football players don’t always feel like failures when they have done their best within the situation they are in. Listen, just bacause we ended the season by beating TN doesn’t mean we will be any better next yr. I have friends that are diehard TN fans that knew their team sucked last yr, long before we beat them.