South Carolina Tips-Off in Lexington Today at 4 p.m.:
– Glenn Logan over at ASeaofBlue.com always does a fantastic job with his pre-game preview posts, and today’s preview is no exception:
South Carolina is a deliberate team that will not want to run versus Kentucky. It isn’t that they can’t — they have more than enough athletes — it just isn’t Darrin Horn’s style.
That means that Kentucky will spend a lot of time in the half-court defense, which should play to their strength. UK has been very good in the half court of late when it comes to stopping the other team. UALR could only manage a paltry 36.1% eFG% against Kentucky, and only 3 of Kentucky’s last six opponents have made it to 40% eFG against UK and none have approached 50%. How USC plans to put points on the board at Rupp Arena is a difficult question to answer.
– Michael Grant from the Courier-Journal says Terrence Jones is ready to start fresh for league play:
Uber-freshmen Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Anthony Davis have done most of the front-court heavy lifting, but UK will likely need Jones to carry a larger share in SEC play.
“I feel like there are three parts to the season and this is the second part,” he said. “You got to prepare for it.”
Jones added: “It’s had its ups and downs with me being hurt and us losing. … (The injury) has slowed me down. I’m just ready for this part of the season.”
– CBSSports.com previews the game with tons of information and quotes that you’ve seen two or three times. Amazing! Check it out!
Today in Creepy Creeper News:
– For those of you who always dreamed of becoming a police officer just so you can pull over good looking women and attempt to pick them up, this guy is your Val Kilmer.
– So this is why Drew took that sudden interest in ping pong.
– Very few of you can be Tim Masthay and literally out kick your coverage. But if you win the lottery, maybe you can do so in a figurative sense like these rich guys. Some of these will take your breath away.