Hey, Anaheim isn’t in Kentucky!

anaheim

According to ESPN, The Sacramento Kings, believed to be one of the primary targets of the efforts to bring the NBA to Louisville, are in talks with Anaheim and could apply for relocation by March 1, which would allow them to play next season in the land of Mickey Mouse.  Most believe this also means they would not call themselves the Kentucky Kings.  According to the report, Kings officials have been working with Anaheim officials for the past month and NBA commissioner David Stern confirmed last night that the franchise has been in discussions with Anaheim about moving there.

In related news, George Strait plays the Yum! Center April 9.

Read ESPN story here

Article written by Thomas Beisner

18 Comments for Hey, Anaheim isn’t in Kentucky!

1. Al's IndiCats
    11:03 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

Is that a real dog or is it stuffed with old George?…uMMM fIRST?

2. Rush3Redux
    11:14 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

Three NBA teams in LA. That makes perfect sense.

3. WildcatsOne
    11:16 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

As long as Tommy Turtleneck and UofL lay claim to the Chicken Bucket as their’s…..and their’s alone, I doubt we will see an NBA team in Kentucky. Pathetic birds.

4. GoCats2
    11:18 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

Sources close to the Kings said that the chances of the team coming to Kentucky ended when they realized Louisville is not part of Kentucky.

5. I
    11:27 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

anyone with any knowledge of the Kentucky NBA situation knows that the only chance…”chance”…is the Hornets…the Maloofs had no plans of taking the Kings off the West Coast, that has been clear for a few years now.

6. The BCG Experience
    11:35 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

So, now, there’s already the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings whose primary uniform color is purple.

Just sayin’.

7. Jimmy Buffett
    11:49 am February 20, 2011 Permalink

8. bubba
    12:14 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

Cool….I’ll have to drive only a couple of hours to see Cuz play.

9. CALCats
    12:25 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

I love UK and I love the rivalry with UofL. I was born in Bowling Green and now live in Louisville because it the best career opportunities in Kentucky hands down. I have never understood this “Great Wall of China” mentality around Jefferson County. Honestly, if it were not for Jefferson County many counties in Eastern Kentucky would not have new school buses. I say that not to put them down. I say it as fact. I love going to Cumberland Gap National Park in Middlesboro, Bell County, Kentucky so I can say that from having been there. I think a majority of people dislike Jefferson County because everybody else they know does. They have never been there once and will never go. Does Jefferson County have problems and issues – most definitely (bridges, school board, and West End to name a few) but to just keep the attitude when you have only a mental stance against something is antiquated thinking. Yes, Tommy Turtleneck is extremely sensitive to Big Blue Nation (and I see why he is – just look at the lower bowl of the YUM center during this seasons UK vs UofL game). But don’t “lock out” something that could be good for the state. Personally, I think the only way pro basketball would have been successful in the Bluegrass would have been if the KY Colonels would have just continued in 1976, but that’s long gone. I just ask that you give it a chance and understand UK fans do live in Jefferson County too and not everything here is 100% Cardinals. Go Cats!

10. Colonels Fan
    1:02 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

I figured the Hornets are the team the city is going after. Makes the most sense if Miller has an owner lined up and the Hornets have no owner.

11. David Brent
    1:02 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

I prefer a flan.

12. UKGOBIGBLUE
    2:28 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

The Kings were never coming to Louisville in the first place. Who ever started that rumor is an idiot !!

The only team in play is New Orleans, and that’s only because the NBA now owns the team. This team is either going to get disbanded or move to Seattle, they aren’t coming to Louisville.

13. #2, it’s even more than that. LA has:

2 baseball teams
    2 HOCKEY teams, for cryin’ out loud…2…HOCKEY TEAMS…IN LA!
    3 basketball teams if this deal goes through

And they can’t support an NFL team???

14. Big Blue 66
    3:44 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

12. not saying they would come to KY but why would they place a franchise in Seattle again after they have proven they wont support a team?

15. Catfan
    3:49 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

If they go to LA and become the third team in the city, where will they get their fans from? I would imagine most citizens have already given their allegiances to either the lakers or clippers and the people that haven’t don’t have an interest in NBA. If they think people will just decide to switch their team to the newly located Kings, they’re wrong. With no fans, they have low attendance at games, which translates to low(if any) profit. Tell me I’m wrong

16. Catfan
    3:50 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

If they go to LA and become the third team in the city, where will they get their fans from? I would imagine most citizens have already given their allegiances to either the lakers or clippers and the people that haven’t don’t have an interest in NBA. If they think people will just decide to switch their team to the newly located Kings, they’re wrong. With no fans, they have low attendance at games, which translates to low(if any) profit. People here in kentucky would immediately make any team that moves to Louisville their team. Tell me I’m wrong

17. kentucky
    5:28 pm February 20, 2011 Permalink

#9, I have been to louseyville on many occasions. I have had the misfortune of having to work there some and found it to be distateful on each occasions. Some of the time, I have found the people I worked with to be liars and thieves. Overall, the city is a woeful place to exist. The weak argument about supplying money to the rest of the state is laughable. It would be better if louseyville didn’t exist at all, but at best, it would be better if we could just give all of jefferson county to Indiana.

18. CALCats
    7:57 am February 21, 2011 Permalink

#17 you just said more about who you deal with than what the city is about. The “weak” arguement you say is because you know nothing about it and just want to say something negative even if it’s true. Move on.