In what is now a “standing room only” court room, Louisville coach Rick Pitino has arrived to testify against Karen Sypher. As usual, Matt will wrap up (damn, another unintended pun) the day’s events later. In the meantime, here’s a short recap of this morning’s testimony:
– The night in question, “The Boys” got together to celebrate Reggie Theus’ hiring. Theus would ultimately leave the party early to catch a flight home.
– Pitino assistant Vinnie Tatum testified that he “heard nothing” while Pitino/Sypher sexual encounter occurred and that he had walked away because he felt like “the third wheel”. Had he heard distress, he would have responded.
– He also said that he did not get a key from Porcini’s owner Tim Coury. Instead, he was instructed to leave out a side door.
– Coury also said this is the first time he’s ever allowed anyone to stay after hours on their own inside his restaurant. Sypher’s defense team poked at that theory by pointing out that Tatum left through the proper exit after being told while Pitino, who did not receive same instruction, did as well.
– In breaking news, Karen Sypher wore a white thong that night. How can you be sure? Well, one of “The Boys”, Glen Hogan, lifted Sypher’s skirt and asked “what u got under there?”, according to Jeff Steffens.
More to come, I’m sure…