Patterson, Henderson, and Delic leave football team

UK football lost three players from the defensive side of the ball over the weekend, the biggest name being linebacker Tim Patterson. Patterson was a a huge get when Joker pulled him away from the Cardinals out of Central High School in Louisville.

Sophomore linebacker Justin Henderson also left the team and sophomore defensive end Nermin Delic was dismissed for a violation of team rules.

A total of seven guys from UK’s defense have left the team since the end of last season.

Article written by Drew Franklin

38 Comments for Patterson, Henderson, and Delic leave football team

1. Hunter
    9:37 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Why do we even follow football anymore?

2. UKGRAD
    9:37 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

First?

3. UKGRAD
    9:38 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Nope, oh well…

Would like to know why the other two made an informed decision to leave. Then I would like to know the information they had.

4. Iraq Says
    9:44 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Minter Meltdown

5. Azubuike's Bicep
    9:44 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Why are we talking about this on Hugh Hefner’s birthday?

6. el cid
    9:45 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

It’s time KSR initiated coverage of Petrino “situation” at Arkansas?

7. Chuck
    9:46 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

We are so gonna suck next year. Let me rephrase. We are so gonna suck every year under Joker.

8. Josh
    9:46 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

7 guys under Joker… That’s not a good sign… The best QB left becasue Joker wouldnt give him a chance to prove himself.. If Joker doesnt pick it up this his 3rd season… I hope his ass is gone. I didn’t want him as coach in the first place, he was a crapy Offinsive Cordinator and he’s even worse as a Head Coach. The only thing he did good was beat Tenn. But then again he kept running the SAME DAMN PLAY!! He sucks and will also suck. Should have fired him and went after Florida’s old Coach.. Ohio St. knew what they were doing when they hired him.. Why doesn’t UK know?

9. Josh
    9:47 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

always^

10. Stuck in ACC Country
    9:48 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

This is incredibly frustrating. We’ve always struggled with depth in the front 7, and this exodus could be setting us back years in this regard.

11. Rick's Boyz
    9:49 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Un-f******-believeable!! It won’t be long until we are the Thin Thirty again.

12. BlueFins
    9:56 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

I guess Patterson got home sick for Louisville. Seems like a lot of time and energy went into this kid, shame that he left.

13. memphis
    9:57 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Glad to hear this on the same day I put my season ticket renewal check in the mail.

14. the brown eye
    9:57 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

and now we have missed our chance to get Mike Leach. Nice slap in the face by old man reality. this is the flip side of Cal. the anti-Cal.

maybe we can just be a hoops and baseball school. Drop football down to intramurals. I don’t need this aggravation. I am looking forward to this next football season like i am my next prostate exam

15. Tony
    10:00 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Seriously, I really hope they quit playing games with us fans and Mitch has a plan in place to go get a REAL football coach for once!

16. thebrewerman
    10:01 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

and some people still support Joker

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Anyone who renews season tickets this year- THANK YOU for making it harder to get rid of this joke of a coach

17. wakecat
    10:02 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Joker and staff have consistently run off / not been able to keep the top players in each class. Several years ago it was the 4-Star tight end from Cincinnati area. Later, it was Mossakowski. Now Patterson. These were supposed to be the gems of each class – 4-Star-type guys who could help us in the SEC. This year is going to be rough.

18. grfjiddrjotezb
    10:02 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

fire joker!! how many big time players or contributers have we lost under him? the dip shit also didnt let hartline play in our bowl because of public intoxication and he was 22 years old! this would never happen at florida so why are we letting joker determine who can stay and go, i want to win, not be the moral standard

19. Real Cats Fan
    10:03 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

I hate to say it, but this is a sign of things to come for the football season. It has turned into something that we have to endure until basketball season starts up in October, rather than something fun to look forward to. I am damn happy to see the basketball program on top of the world, but the football program needs an infusion of cash and a coaching change, otherwise go ahead and administer the last rites. I think Joker is a classy guy, and I really would love to see him succeed, but he is in over his head at a D-One football program that plays in the SEC. He would have done better to take a head coaching job at a smaller school in a weaker conference, then lose the training wheels and move to a major team after he has proven himself. Mitch kind of mailed it in by making him the “coach in waiting” after Papa Brooks retired.

20. Dini
    10:06 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

How many years does Joker get for being a UK guy again?

21. BLUEBLEEDER
    10:08 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Would someone please get Joker out of Kentucky. He is a useless coach. We are an SEC school and our football team/fans deserves better. I love basketball to death, but football is also a great sport. If we had a competitive team. If Kentucky is going to pay a basketball coach 4 million a year why are we paying Joker? Go out and get a big profile football coach that can recuit and compete with the top school in the SEC.

22. Don
    10:13 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

If anyone knows one of these kids, ask them to validate what I was told from guys in the program…

You will be hard pressed to find a kid that respects or likes Joker, and the team chemistry etc sucks. Joker is killing the program from within and someone needs to pay attention to what is going on. It just goes to show how little the current Administration cares @ football.

I loathe UK football. It’s a disgusting product for the fans and the school should be ashamed. Nearly EVERY PROGRAM from gymnastics to tennis to womens basketball has made strides to compete in the SEC or Nationally, EXCEPT football.

Stop showing up and things will change.

23. bluecalizone
    10:29 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

A flop this year, which I see inevidable,,,and he is gone. Hate to see it, and hope he turns things around,,,but it won’t, and he’s gone. That fish stinks from the head down.

24. barn
    10:31 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

looking at the big picture—our athletics overall have really come a long way these past few years—except fball. given this success maybe mitch has something in the works for our football program too. here’s hopin’

25. Uh...What?!
    10:34 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

#22–I think that sums it up pretty well. Just when I thought Joker would be gone, he lucks into beating UT. It would appear that he and most of his staff cannot judge talent, and when they do get talent end up running it off. I cannot get excited about football anymore, and I think that mindset is rampant here. And until UK decides on getting an actual coach, it’s NEVER gonna’ change.

26. zyds escobon
    10:38 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

4 star tight end from Cincy was more interested in herbal remedies than football or school. Mossakowski was not the same QB as recruited after his shoulder injury, and will never be the same. His decision to leave. Patterson– don’t know. As far as Hartline being suspended after his alcohol offense… what should the coach have done? Let him play and show the entire team that that kind of behavior should be tolerated? I am not a blind supporter of Joker, nor do I think he will take UK out of the SEC East cellar. However, every team has numerous players leave every year and certainly players that have behavior issues (regardless of their “star status) should not be tolerated. This is one of the stupidest comments I have seen in a long time (see a couple posts above): “this would never happen at florida so why are we letting joker determine who can stay and go, i want to win, not be the moral standard”. Why does Joker get to determine who stays or goes? Uhhh, because he is the head coach. Ya think?

27. Blue Balls
    10:44 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

26) Damn straight. I hate Joker but I fully support his decision to not let Hartline play.

28. Bald Guy
    10:58 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Not one of these guys was going to play next year… now they won’t be subjected to your bashing either. You guys need to stick with basketball… the faithful will fill Commonwealth regardless.

29. GetARealFootballCoach
    11:04 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Need I say more!

30. Cats by 90
    11:18 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

28) guess you missed most of the crowds last year? Which were piss poor. CWS will be empty this year. Especially once the beatdowns start rolling in.

31. Big Red
    11:23 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

Be patient. The beginning of the end will start on Sept 1. UofL looks more like an SEC team than UK does. UK will be lucky to win 2 games this year. UK will be the third best team in the state this year, behind UofL & WKU.

32. catGrad7072
    11:29 am April 9, 2012 Permalink

#30: Yep. Beatdown #1 in the Pizza Pit to get the ball rolling.

33. fatkidineastky
    12:21 pm April 9, 2012 Permalink

I have faith that Mitch has a “gameplan”. It seems he has done QUITE WELL WITH KY SPORTS (sans Billy Clyde)…Look at our sports programs as a whole….Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Tennis, gymnastics,Rifle , Cheerleading, Dance, etc. I put faith in Mitch….and I have to believe he knows when and how to approach the Football program….REMEMBER….it was under Mitch that we saw our program move out of basement and go to bowl games consectutively….he will make the right moves to get us to the next level- whatever they may be.

34. Cardiax
    2:15 pm April 9, 2012 Permalink

The beat down starts at 3:30 pm Sept 2, 2012.

35. stonesox
    6:16 pm April 9, 2012 Permalink

I think we ought to just get rid of the football program. it’s just a complete waste and it is obvious that the administration doesn’t care about it. If they don’t, why should the fans care?

36. Dane Brammage
    6:43 pm April 9, 2012 Permalink

This team has had many too many defections.

Hope they won’t be know as: the thin turdy.

37. jimlowe7
    10:45 pm April 9, 2012 Permalink

The 2 guys that left did so because they were either: (A)Recruited over and weren’t willing/able to do the work to move back up the depth chart, or (B)Well I guess “A” is the right answer!

38. Chad
    1:34 am April 10, 2012 Permalink

Funny how regardless of the situation it is Jokers fault and he can’t coach. UK hasn’t even suited up for a game this year yet and we have morons calling for Joker to be fired. Have you ever thought that maybe just maybe these kids left because they weren’t happy not because of Joker but because they just weren’t happy. There are other curcumstances than Joker sucks as a coach. Some people are not willing to give the guy an inch. I’m not sold on him being the best coach in the world but jesus christ guys can we atleast wait until the first half of the season is over before we start putting nails in the guys coffin.