“Hello Mr. Governor, this is Nerlens Noel”

What has Nerlens Noel been up to this summer? Meeting Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, apparently. On Monday, the Governor met with Noel to talk about…well…basketball?

Get used to it, Nerlens. Odds are you’ll meet the President next spring.

22 Comments for “Hello Mr. Governor, this is Nerlens Noel”

1. Bob
    11:09 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

“Odds are you might meet the President next spring.”

I think the odds are 100% certain that Nerlens “might” meet the President next spring.

2. politics
    11:18 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

The Gov is just trying to get some street cred by hanging with Noel. Next week the Gov is meeting with ‘Drizzy.’ Wait, maybe I’m getting the Gov and Cal confused.

3. PaulGlace
    11:18 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

Nerlens is thinking, “Mr. Governor, please change my transcripts, ala Eric Bledsoe, so that I can be enrolled in the Kentucky University and prostitute myself for a year for my egotistical and slimeball coach who has had more final fours vacated than any other coach in college basketball history who now coaches the most scandalous program of the last 30 years.”

4. PaulGlace
    11:20 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

I am hurt. Butthurt.

5. what the what
    11:22 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

3) The most scandalous program of the last 30 years? Please back that up with all the facts you don’t have.

6. what the what
    11:25 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

3) There is absolutely nothing relating Coach Cal to any of his vacated seasons and wins. Do your research.

7. jaxcats8503
    11:26 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

What a cool thing Governor Patrick gets to do. Meet The Flattop Feller.

8. Paul'sMom
    11:28 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

“Kentucky University” I haven’t heard of that. Where in KY is it located again?

9. UK
    11:29 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

3) Egotistical and slimeball? Did he cheat on his wife with a trashy woman for 15 seconds or something?

10. MindReader
    11:34 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

PaulGlace is thinking “My team can’t beat UK so they must be cheating. It’s the only explanation there is. I just can’t accept any other reason because it makes me feel like a loser…even more so than living in my mom’s basement.”

11. how ironic
    11:49 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

Isn’t it funny – when uofl players talk to a Governor, its usually looking for a pardon…

12. BravoBigBlue
    11:51 am July 31, 2012 Permalink

Chik-Fil-A rocks!

13. bmt22033
    12:02 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

@12 – AMEN! I swear they put crack in their chicken, though. It should be illegal for food to taste that good! 😉

14. How Witty
    12:03 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

#3-I suggest you seek professional help for your issues. Meanwhile, we will consider ourselves greatly blessed if you return to the hole under the rock from which you emerged. Go. Now.

15. gossie21
    12:30 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

“Just one more sketchy hanger-on to add to Nerlen’s entourage. I’d better start inventing accusations…. errrr I mean investigating… again.”

– Pete Thamel

16. jay
    12:54 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

I’m super pumped to watch him play…but come on man, if you’re going to meet the governor, don’t wear a t-shirt!

17. BurnerTurner5
    1:03 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

PaulGlace why don’t you go pound salt in your ass? It appears you’re jealous of Cals success at UK. As far as Noel meeting the president next spring, I’m sure Romney will love having the Cats in for a visit.

18. what the what
    1:11 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

16) that’s obviously not a t-shirt. i can tell that’s a polo by the band of the sleeves. c’mon.

19. Yup
    1:20 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

yeah, what 18 said. jay better luck next time with your fashion policing.

20. jay
    1:56 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

is jeans and a polo really that much better?

21. Fashion Police
    2:20 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

20 yes because it is 50% better. a t-shirt and jeans is way too casual, a polo and jeans is a bit too casual, and a polo and slacks would be fine.

22. Really?
    6:09 pm July 31, 2012 Permalink

Maybe he isn’t so star-struck by politicians that he feels the need to wear a suit and tie to impress someone that probably lied through his teeth along the way to obtain some amount of indirect or direct power over every individual living in his state? News flash: younger generations are giving less and less craps about social faux paus these days, just as in previous generations. Jeans and a polo is more than fine for a teenager meeting a governor.

“Oh my goodness I get to meet the governor! Whatever will I wear?! The charcoal gray is my favorite, but the navy blue really brings out my eyes…” Get real, #20!