Harrison Twins’ Father Says Report of Their Leaders Wrong

twins

The father of the 2013 dynamic duo, the Harrison Twins, says that reports of a split in the family on the recruitment are false. Previously, Adam Zagoria’s flowing locks said that a “source” told him that the Twins were leaning Kentucky, but were holding out because their father wanted them at Maryland. The father didn’t like the story and told a Maryland site Zagoria is wrong:

“That’s just [the reporter of the story] doing his thing. I’d talked to him one time a few months ago and he re-worded what I said and took it all out of context in his article, so I don’t talk to him anymore. Maybe that’s why he had to write something. He makes up things and runs with them for attention,” Harrison said

“Here’s the thing. He can say it’s an unnamed source, but I promise you there’s no sources with us. Unless you’re me, my wife, Aaron or Andrew, or their grandparents, you’re not going to have anything to say because no one else knows about our confidential discussions. And my wife and our parents haven’t talked to anyone about it. I changed the kids’ numbers, so the two coaches have their number and no one else calls,” he said.

Harrison, who’s maintained throughout the recruitment that his sons will sign with whichever school they favor, reiterated he’s not in any way trying to lead his sons in either direction. “Aaron and Andrew haven’t made a decision, and I want whatever they want for themselves,” Harrison Sr. said. “Whatever they want is what I want.”

As always, two lessons. First, be careful of listening to Adam Zagoria….second, be VERY careful about google imaging the phrase “Harrison Twins.”

Article written by Matt Jones

41 Comments for Harrison Twins’ Father Says Report of Their Leaders Wrong

1. Old Man Eyes
    3:21 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Oh God. I just had to do it, and my eyes have aged 50 years… Dudes are swol, though.

2. nassau65
    3:21 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Now, that’s funny. And it can’t be good for Zag’s reputation. Sounds like another tipton.

3. putinrichie
    3:28 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Zag is a tool and always has been. An unnamed source is code for “i’m full of _______.” What most liars do is try to spin their lie into their favor…..just watch, zag will make up a new lie to try and cover his tracks.

4. Gogh Big Bleu
    3:33 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Wow, the other Harrison twins are certainly some chotches

5. SATAN
    3:42 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Or the pops is coverin’ his @ss because he doesn’t want a million UK fans emailing and twittering or otherwise buggin’ the hell out of him….

6. Jordan
    3:58 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Twins, Wiggins, Randle, Lee plus either Young or Gordon. I’m optimistic that we get 6 out of those 7. If we didn’t feel good about our chances we’d be recruiting backup players but we aren’t. We will lose our entire roster this year and will have a team of all freshman in 2013. Cal will prove the world wrong yet again by using 6 freshman players to win the ‘ship and may go undefeated.

7. UK Freshmen
    3:58 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

This is trouble waiting to happen one way or another.

8. Where ya at Jones?
    4:14 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

No post regarding the game, Joker, keep or fire, his humiliation of Morgan Newton, lack of preparation in not giving Newton reps this past week, terrible game-planning and lack of adjustments, continued use of “we’re better than this”, upside/downside of keeping Joker longer than tomorrow, etc? You going to the Joker Fantasy Camp?

9. catGrad7072
    4:31 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

#9: Good point(s). The Joker Fantasy Camp will be a tough ticket due to the fact that is held only between Joker’s ears!

10. Skeller03
    4:42 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Is it just me or is does it seem like the Harrison father is too involved with the media? Maybe it’s just because there have been several updates on the twins recruitment on this site but I feel like their father is very involved in national attention they’re getting…

11. I Say
    4:55 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

11 Ummm he’s their Dad…….what do you expect

12. stevie
    5:02 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

13. Smiley Pete
    5:07 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Stevie, don’t be an idiot please.

14. stevie
    5:09 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

It is getting ridicious because our competition is Maryland. I will feel shame if these clowns beat us out.

15. stevie
    5:10 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

I’ll try not to be an idiot #14. After all, you are “little smiling pete.” aren’t you?

16. Thatsashame
    5:19 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Every year is the same thing. Top ranked recruits do not decide quickly enough for UK fans and then a few people start complaining about all the drama and that we would be better off without them.
    Happened with Wall. Happened with Davis. Happening again. Face it. High profile recruits are going to do this. Deal with it and try not to sound ignorant by saying that we don’t need them or would be better off without them. Quite likely you are wrong.

17. Smiley Pete
    5:25 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

#16, there’s a story to the name “Smiley Pete” but you’d have to be a long-time Lexington Native to know it.

18. stevie
    5:34 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

It does actually make a difference where one goes to school and it makes a difference in who mentors these recruits. Those who say that the Harrison boys will be 1st round draft picks wherever they go are probably right, but not all coaches challenge recruits to suceed as well as do others. Simply because an individual has talent does not mean the he will develop it to its full capability.

19. stevie
    5:38 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

#17, I’m not complaining. And, I never said that we would be better of w/o them. I’m not against thes young men wherever they go. I just u/s that sometimes parents can be too much baggage. Try to listen to what is actually being said, and leave the ignorance at home. Okay?

20. stevie
    5:41 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Why is it that so many UK fans cannot u/s simple English. I never stated that UK would be better off w/o the Harrisons. And, I never said that I was discouraged. Learn to read people. I simply said that parents can bring too much baggage with them.

21. Jason
    5:53 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

The Harrison Twins will go to Kentucky OK people.

22. Doug in Ft. Thomas
    5:54 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Not to be so presumptuous as to speak for Stevie, but I think he means another Mr. Orton.

23. Thatsashame
    5:54 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Stevie: “I’m ready to move on” and “I wish Cal had not put his eggs in this one basket” just sounds like someone who is ready to move on and wishes we were not recruiting these kids so hard.
    Obviously I misunderstood you.

24. Doug in Ft. Thomas
    5:55 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Am I right, Stevie?

25. SATAN
    6:27 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Stevie, stop whining like a little ho.

“I’m ready to move on from these guys. It is never a good omen when one or both parents puts themselves above their son(s). I wished that Cal hadn’t put all his eggs in this one basket. And, i’m not second guessing him (the man is a marvelous machine) but this is getting ridicious!”

Thank the Gods that your [email protected] ain’t in charge of anything important.

Do us all a favor and STFU!

26. Humanity
    6:29 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Oh the Humanity! A parent is involved with the recruitment of his children. A parent is parenting. A parent is protective of his children.

How dare he!!!

HOW DARE HE!!!

What kind of drugs are you on Stevie!?!

27. stevie
    6:32 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

I’m stupid!

I’d abandon my children and make them do it all themselves. Billy G says that it will toughen them up.

Kids gotta be tough!

Play through the pain!

I’d make the twins sit in the sh!tter until they made the decision that I wanted them to make.

I’d whip Zags @ss! Can’t let the press get away wit’ dat stuff!

Yeah! You ain’t tuff enuff!!!

28. Rocky
    6:49 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Stevie, I can u/s where you are coming from. We have a fake stevie(one who is ashamed of his own identity)at #28. We have an overactor (and a drug abuser) on #27. We have a self professed satan, and a little bitty ho on #26. I wish these pretend UK fans would show some tact. They embarrass all of us.

29. stevie
    6:52 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Rocky, is there any wonder why most other fans call us redneck idiots? We turn on our own and then we wallow in our own vomit..

30. SATAN
    7:05 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

I’ll see you two when I get home.

31. Over-reaction
    7:06 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Welcome home Stevie and Rocky.

32. A Fan
    7:09 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Speak for yourself.

You may be a redneck. You may be embarrassed. Most people don’t take much more away from these blogs and forums except that they wasted a few minutes and had a few laughs.

It seems your whole life revolves around how you are perceived as a fan by the fans of other programs.

That’s a fairly sad outlook on life.

Go Satan! Go Humanity! You guys hit the nail on the head.

33. Rocky
    7:11 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Stevie, I u/s exactly what you meant. Many times parents live vicariously through their kids. This is what the Henry’s appeared to have done at Kansas. And, it is likely that the Harrisons might very well do this through their sons. It is difficult to blame the parents, but in the end, the decision should be up to the kids.

34. JustaFan
    7:15 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

#33, you seem to be on the side of Satan. You also seem to believe that a wasted comment on a blog is worth your time. You might better “hit the nail on the head” if you advised your fellow fans to try and get along

35. Rocky
    7:27 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

There is nothing wrong with loving parents trying to assist their children in making wise choices. The problem is that some parents seek their own glory through their kids. This is never good and anyone who says it is needs help. I want the brothers to do what is right for them.

36. stevie
    7:33 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

I go to several UK BB games a year, and I will support my team in any way possible. Ilove UK and I will defend them to anybody. Keep up the good work Cal.

37. C'on man
    8:20 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

If that’s the case why get on here and act like you know more then Cal. Who he should recruit or how to parent your kids.

38. young and wiggins
    9:01 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Who’s gives a shit!!! we are just as good as the twins!!!!

39. hairdont
    9:48 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Matt, why do you always feel the need to make fun of people’s hair? Is it because you have an unfortunate head of hair yourself? Or what?

40. Byron
    9:59 pm September 23, 2012 Permalink

Matt you need to realize that recruits and families of recruits are the worst “sources” to have for recruiting. Families are always going to save face and keep it neutral, as they are doing now. After all these years you’d think you’d know.