Good morning folks! I really wanted to wake up and totally ignore this whole Valentine’s Day thing and concentrate on the showdown at Bud Walton, but it’s Matt’s favorite holiday, so we have to make kind of a big deal about it. You know him as a lawyer, a blogger and a friend. I know him as a romantic at heart that can be caught baby-talking and sharing his feelings at any given moment. So, Matt, here’s to your favorite holiday.
Now, onto the stuff that will get you prepared for this afternoon’s game…
– It’s Valentine’s Day and you’re not the only one thinking about scoring. The New York Times takes a look at the explosive season of Jodie Meeks and tries to decide if he’s been overlooked.
– Despite losing four players since the start of the season, John Pelphrey feels good about his team’ chances against the Cats today at Bud Walton.
– The Arkansas Democrat Gazette writes that the Cats have a lot of issues and, I have to say, I don’t like the tone of the story.
– Are you wondering how much Kevin Galloway will play today? Well, continue to wonder.
– Are you wondering if Patrick Patterson will be able to play? Well, continue to wonder.
– Jeremy Fowler of the Orlando Sentinel pretty much plagiarizes a story ESPN wrote a few months ago about the health of basketball coaches, including Clyde. The Herald-Leader published it today.
– Hey, remember that Andre Woodson guy? He’s still in the NFL and throwing the ball totally different than he was before.
– And, just in case any of you hopeless romantics missed it, Roberto Alomar didn’t just go to Jared this Valentine’s Day, he found the gift that really keeps on giving.