– In the “there must be a conspiracy!” department, Auburn’s Cam Newton was named SEC Player of the Week over Mike Hartline. Newton, who had the same number of TDs as Hartline and fewer yards against a lower-ranked team, just barely edged out Hartline. In response, Hartline channeled his inner Jon Lovitz and said, “Good luck finding a Player of the Week who can move…and shake…like THIS!”
– However, in a strange twist, Hartline and Newton were named co-Offensive Players of the Week. It marks the third time that Hartline has earned SEC player of the week honors. I think. I didn’t actually fact check this. Just guessing. Got a big job interview to get to!
– Also, Ryan Tydlacka was named Special Teams Player of the Week for averaging 41.5 yards per punt. No word from the SEC as to why they listed him as a placekicker or why there is a “ch” sound in his last name.
– Finally, it looks like there might be more Schlereth in your future as the UK – Miss. State game has been set for 7pm on ESPNU. We will be posting Dan Mullen’s home phone number on here the week of the game so you can leave him racist voicemails.
– Special thanks to “Calipari’s In Your Ear” for the .gif above. He’d take credit, but his comments all await moderation. I expect to see Matthew Mitchell, Enes Kanter and Josh Harrellson .gifs by tomorrow morning or you all drop a letter grade.