Happy birthday, Jorts!

Happy birthday to KSR favorite Josh Harrellson, aka Jorts. Jorts has had a rough run of it lately, with the Miami Heat deciding not to retain him after his 10-day contract ran out. However, Heat Coach Erik Spoelstra called it a very tough decision and said they might find a way to bring him back on soon.

In his honor, here is my favorite Jorts moment: his fastball into Jared Sullinger’s chest in the 2011 NCAA Tournament.

15 Comments for Happy birthday, Jorts!

1. twnky
    5:37 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

love that video!

2. Bulldawg
    5:51 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Happy Birthday Jorts!!!! BBN loves ya big guy. GO CATS!!

3. Cawood's lil buddy
    5:53 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Happy Birthday Jorts!! That is one of my favorite moments of the tournamnent!!!!

4. Go cats
    5:55 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Wilbon just said any team in the tourn would beat UK some examples. Middle tenn. Belmont. La sal.

5. Please!
    5:55 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

rough run of it lately -> rough run lately

is better

6. Stuck on Blue
    5:59 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Happy Birthday Jorts! Wish you only the best, you deserve it.

7. LOL
    6:02 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

If a player threw the ball that fast at a kentucky player we would be irate

8. katzrjamers
    6:05 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Happy Birthday Josh – miss seeing you at UK. When you heaved that ball I knew we were coming out on top no matter what OSU could do. Knight got the glory, I give you the credit.

9. mudcreekmark
    6:09 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Anybody see Kansas-Kansas State last night? Ben McLemore is what an elite shooting guard looks like. Goodwin going in the top ten of the draft is a joke. Also, Kansas has a backup point guard to watch in the future. Naadir Tharpe is his name and he played awesome last night. I am not saying that because the guy scored a bunch of points, which he didn’t, he just makes plays for his team mates and made so many great passes it was really fun to watch. That is what our team is lacking right now, we don’t have anyone that is making plays easy for other players on our team.

10. Brent S.
    6:12 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

February 12 is a great day for birthdays, Abe Lincoln, Charles Darwin, Arsenio Hall, Jorts and ME!

11. spookykim
    6:20 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

I hear that Sullinger still has Wilson tatooed on his chest from that. Happy bday, big guy!

12. mudcreekmark
    6:23 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Lebron James was on sportscenter a minute ago and he said something profound and I think it applies to UK right now and may be why we are struggling. As you may know, James is having a remarkable year this year and his shooting percentage is amazing in the last month or so. The guy is shooting maybe 15 shots and is scoring around 27 a game. They asked what is the difference in how he is playing. He said his first year down there when they just threw a bunch of players together they really didn’t know how to play together, it was like I’ll do this and he is going to do that. He says now after three years together, they just go out there and let the game dictate what each player does. Let the game come to them and everything is so much easier that way. I said the same thing last year about Teague, if you let the game come to you and don’t force shots, you’ll end up scoring just as many points with fewer shots and easier shots. This years team needs to heed to this advice also, if they just play the game and quit worrying about their stats everything will work out for the better for everyone.

13. kfund
    7:37 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

One of the great plays in UK history.

14. Jorts
    9:24 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

Even I knew my foot was on the line.

15. BUCats
    9:50 pm February 12, 2013 Permalink

That type of passion is what this team is missing. Where is the fire? Where is the heart (outside of Nerlens)? This team just looks apathetic.