Happy birthday, Joe B.!

Happy birthday to Joe B. Hall! The Wildcat legend turns 84 today, but if you ask me, he doesn’t look a day over 65.

Also, happy birthday to Cal’s wife, Ellen. Does that mean it’s Cal’s turn to make the birthday brownies? Does Orange Leaf have a brownie flavor?

20 Comments for Happy birthday, Joe B.!

1. Digger
    10:19 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Listen to me. ND beat Rupp in 1821. How do you like that Uk fans. Also, My legs are to sexy for you!

2. Chris
    10:21 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

They do have a brownie flavor TT

3. UKBlue1!
    10:29 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

#1 Digger you suck. So does Dick Vitale, Billy Packer and Clark Kellog

4. SeoulCat
    10:38 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

84? Wow. Joe B. looks great for his age. Happy birthday, Coach Hall!

5. Grandpablue
    10:40 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Coach Hall,

have the best of birthdays today with wishes for many more!!

6. The Digger Manti Show
    10:40 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

why did the game keep interupting our show last night?

7. Grandpablue
    10:40 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Ms Ellen,

Have a wonderful day with your family!!

8. DiggerSux
    10:45 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Cracks me up that he focused on one of his very few wins over UK. UK owned Digger! Notre Dame is the team that stormed the court after beating what they were chanting was an over rated team.

9. Big Whoop
    10:49 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Vitale’s two daughters went to Notre Dame (I didn’t even know he had children). So, he became an Irish fan. Think how bad it would’ve been if his girls went to Duke and he got to spout off during that game.

10. Kentucky Packrat
    11:11 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Joe B has been looking a lot better the last year or so, especially after Cal went to bat to put him as a coach during the Pros/Dominican Republic games. I think the semi-exile from the program was effecting him much more than perhaps even he realized.

When Cal retires, we’ll miss the good coaching, but having a program that actively loves its alumni and wants them around, and said alumni want to be there for us, will be priceless.

11. Mark
    11:19 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Everybody quit hatin’ on Dickie V. !!! He may love Duke and ND but he always speaks highly of UK AND Cal. Like him or not, he’s a GREAT advocate for UK and college basketball.

12. Madison
    11:24 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

Me, Joe B, and Ellen all have the same birthday. I’m in pretty good company.

13. fla_Ashley
    11:54 am November 30, 2012 Permalink

It’s also Jamal Mashburn’s birthday today.

14. Give Dickie V a break
    1:15 pm November 30, 2012 Permalink

If Vitale hadn’t got on TV and said Cal had interest in the UK job I don’t think Barnhart would have hired him. That put the pressure on Barnhart leaving him no other option after the BCG fiasco. I don’t think Cal was high on Barnhart’s list or he would have contacted him after Tubby left. I’m not a huge fan of Vitale but he does talk up UK a lot.
    Games like last night are going to happen. We all new eventually that we would have a year where the freshmen where going to be down a little. This team is going to lose some games, but I don’t think I would say they suck. We have good team and by March Cal will have them playing at a high level. This is the down side of the one year players. Last year it got us a National Championship this year we are down a little. No use in panicking we still will make the sweet 16 and then it’s a lot of luck.

15. SoCal Will
    1:31 pm November 30, 2012 Permalink

#14) Of course this was after he called BBN racist for giving up on Tubby. His praise and his rants are equally meaningless. BTW, UK has more National Championships in Football than Notre Dame in Basketball.

16. Give Dickie V a break
    2:03 pm November 30, 2012 Permalink

Hell Barnhart called us a racist for wanting rid of Joker. That is the down side of having a black coach if the fan base wants a new coach it is always going to raciest to some. The lady who cut here hair over Tubby is a prime example. It really sickens me that you have people still who have to pull the race card over anything. If you are against Obama to some your raciest,never mind that his policies have taken your job!!
    The race card has been thrown around so much now that it really cheapens the struggles that many suffered threw in the segregation times. I’m sure their was some how never accepted Tubby or Joker because of skin color I would say though that the number is very small. There are idiots in every fan base I don’t think UK has any more then else where. I remember seeing signs in 1998 after we hang our banner that said Tubby for president being held by a group of white fans. I couldn’t help but think we are the most raciest fans alive but we judge by wins and loses not skin color. Uk gets a unfair rap over the Texas Western game because we where in the final with them the other schools in the FF where all white as well including UNC. Rupp was branded a raciest because of that game. When in reality he was anything but. Wes Unseld told latter in life that Rupp did want him and had actually did a lot the advance the black player that was never told.

17. REAL fan
    2:22 pm November 30, 2012 Permalink

I’m sorry but it looks like Joe B’s statue is dropping a duece. I get that it’s supposed to be him in his usual coaching stance, but it is what it is.

18. Cathead
    5:45 pm November 30, 2012 Permalink

Happy birthday Joe b!

19. Main Man from Memphis
    8:51 pm November 30, 2012 Permalink

Joe B. Happy Birthday! I did not know you were older than I am. David

20. Jason F
    11:38 pm November 30, 2012 Permalink

Coach Hall is eating cake with Andrew Wiggins and the Harrison twins at Marshall Co Hoopfest tonight!