Grantland’s “Anatomy of an Upset”

I really like what Grantland is doing by breaking down plays with screen grabs. Last week it was Sebastian Pruiti examining Anthony Davis and his rebounding techniques, and this week it’s Shane Ryan with analysis from the Indiana game.

If you’re bored and don’t mind looking backwards, I recommend heading on over to the site to see some of the things Kentucky did wrong and what Indiana did right to pull off the upset. Lots of good stuff there. Or bad stuff, however you want to view it.

[Grantland: “Anatomy of an Upset: Indiana stuns Kentucky”]

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Grantland’s “Anatomy of an Upset”

1. blueblue
    5:37 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Murray St. into the AP poll at #24 And in the women’s poll, UK Hoops up to #8. I think Hoops should have been higher. They get their chance to prove it at #3 Notre Dame this weekend. Our UK men at #3 is about right.

2. Nino Brown
    5:43 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Stop showing this ugly picture already! It’s just torture.

3. Apathetic Andy
    5:48 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

I agree with #2. The constant views of happy hoosiers is making me constipated. I need to be regular again, so quit it.

4. Simple
    5:49 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

This is not going away, is it?

While I suppose it’s flattering that this has been such big news, it’s getting old fast. Nothing like having your nose rubbed in crap every day.

5. Simple
    5:50 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

BTW, as of this moment, I hate IU more than UL. Ask me again in 4 weeks.

6. JDubbs1983
    6:05 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Is it really an upset if you are playing at home and have a storied program like Indiana does…………Oh wait its been 20 years since they were the Fighting Knights of Indiana….ok I guess we can call it an upset….but now they are ranked this week so what gives? Seriously all joking aside Indiana should have been ranked somewhere between 23-25 when we played them on Saturday.

7. JDubbs1983
    6:09 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Can’t wait for Indiana’s team next year. Im sure we will see a whole lot of Peter Jurkin on thier sq-wad next year.

8. IUhoosier06
    6:13 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

I thought this was “just another game”. Guess not.

& @7, we can’t wait for next year’s team either. #2 recruiting class will treat us just right.

9. Michael Kidd-Langford
    6:15 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Dan “It’s Not An Upset” Dakich read the first three words of that title and closed the browser.

7, you know the NCAA Tournament Committee is going to put us in the same bracket.

10. blueblue
    6:17 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

?

11. JDubbs1983
    6:19 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

#8 IUhoosier06 That will be fine with me. UK will have the #1 recruiting class for the fourth year in a row and the UK/IU game will be in Rupp. Plus just adds fuel to the fire for a rivalry we all thought was dead.

12. bigbluecats
    6:20 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

KSR please stop beating a dead horse. I expect IU to ride it till the end of time, but a UK site and fans as well. We keep saying how we would never storm the court but for almost 3 days all the ins and outs of how and why and who has been discussed. Its old. We lost. It sucks but….its not the first loss in UK history. Not to IU and not the first buzzer beater to ever beat UK. Guess what happened Sunday after the game and this morning and will happen till the end of time. THE DAMN SUN STILL CAME UP. And UK is still the greatest program ever. We will redeem ourselves by smacking little bro right in the mouth on Dec 31st. GO BIG BLUE!

13. JDubbs1983
    6:23 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

#8 IUhoosier06 Plus I think I speak for the masses that we were getting tired of playing “Little Sisters of the Poor Community College” IE the University of Indiana. I for one happen to be glad to you’re back. What about that 20 year hiatus you went on. How was that? Does that smell of old man stench….. I mean Robert Montgomery Knight still linger in that building? Makes for bad memories doesnt it?

14. j8
    8:01 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Not another post about that dreadful game we are all trying to forget.

15. BlueFins
    10:07 pm December 12, 2011 Permalink

Why do we keep getting links to patronize other writers and sites? BBN should not be giving them clicks. Just tell us when these a-holes need to be harassed a bit, then we’ll give them hits.

16. nicky
    8:41 am December 13, 2011 Permalink

That grantland article is hugely similar to the fabulous hoosier coverage provided by indsidethehall.com.