Grantland puts Steve Wojciechowski in their “YouTube Hall of Hate”

As a companion piece to their Most Hated College Basketball Players bracket, Grantland has put together a “YouTube Hall of Hate” with some vintage clips of college basketball’s villains. One I know you’ll like? Their selection for Steve Wojciechowski, accompanied by the caption “What is he doing to Wojo! You can’t do that to Wojo! NOOOOOOO”

I still hate Billy Paccker.

37 Comments for Grantland puts Steve Wojciechowski in their “YouTube Hall of Hate”

1. stoopspoopsicecream
    4:34 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

15 years later and that is still as ridiculous as when it happened. And Duke fans wonder why every one hates their players. Was that a young Tom Crean out there?

2. Big Blue Coming At You
    4:39 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

That was the day i really started hating Billy Packer too. Packer was a jacka$$ and i’m glad he got canned. I couldn’t stand it when he called our games. I bet he felt like an idiot when he finally saw the replay and saw how bad of an acting job Wojo was doing.

3. Deepblue
    4:40 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

What a punk.

4. D
    4:44 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Puke.

5. Cawood's 'lil buddy
    4:45 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Packer: “You can’t do that to WOJO….he represents all that is good and pure with college basketball….like Duke and the ACC!!!! Bad Maglore!! Bad Kentucky!!”

6. Chad
    4:48 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

What game was that?

7. Huck
    4:48 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

The day Magliore put Wojo in the rack!

8. Packer is THE worst
    4:49 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Even my 60 (at the time..) year old mom used to call him Billy Fudge Packer. In fairness, she probably didn’t know what it meant and just called him that because my sister and I did and she couldn’t stand that old fart, either.

9. Still Pissed
    4:49 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

I wanted to kick Wojo in the groin while he was lying there doing his ‘Linda Blair’ impression from ‘The Exorcist’.

What a bunch of baloney. Magloire didn’t know what the hell was going on. And after such a terrible injury Wojo’s instant recovery was incredible!!! Just in time for Billy ‘Fudge’ Packer with the ‘You can’t keep him down! He’s a tough one!’

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND VOMIT!!!

10. Tunaboy
    4:50 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

I loved Magloire!! Didn’t take s**t from anyone.

11. Corey Davis
    4:51 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

I think the abuse to Wojo should be directed to Wayne Turner after smoking by him that many times.

12. omgflopcity
    4:52 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

SOOOOO HATEABLE.

13. I Am Spartacus
    4:53 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

I have always thought WoJo looked like one of my grandkids when they flop on the floor and push off with their
    feet during a tantrem……I’m pretty sure he was making the same kind of whining noises too!

14. UKfanNKY
    4:54 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Magloire should have gotten up and stomped him in the chest………ha remember that no call should have been thrown out of the game Latnier you D…!

15. Wojo's Vag
    4:54 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Wojo was such a pu$$y… clapping those hands…. Wayne Turner burned your ass pal……

16. eskimo onions
    4:57 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

shoop, shoop a doop, shoop a doop a doop…oh my goodness girl look at him..ooh hes coming this way.
    shoop shoop a dooby like scooby doo.

17. mudcreekmark
    5:01 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

You have to admit, that was some pretty good acting. In real time, it looked real. Only when they show the replay do you realize that he was just pretending like he was killed. Magloire looked puzzled as to why he couldn’t get free from Wojo.

18. Guitarzan
    5:05 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Wojo and Billy the ass packer equal the definition of Wojosexual.

Coach K teaches this crap; the floor slap, the flop, the incessant whine.

As previously acknowledged, the primary reason for dookie’s disdain.

19. soggyUKgrad
    5:06 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

a friend of mine used to have a huge framed picture of Wojo’s punkass acting above the couch in his living room….priceless!! Duke…”This is why you suck.”

20. theSkinny81
    5:20 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Wojo was so good at that, they hired him onto the staff at Duke.

21. Al's IndiCats
    5:20 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Not sure if many of you all remember but NBC used to carry college games also, and Al McGuire used carry Packer through all the games. More than once Al would tell packer he had it all wrong and that he thought the ACC was one of the worse conferences with the worse calls in all of college. Then when CBS bought the exclusive rights, Al told them he wanted to be sidelined with someone else….thus Packer was a mainstay on CBS….Because he was an ACC man….leaving Al McGuire with the USA and ESPN telecasts.

22. IU and uofl fans suck
    5:25 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

11. I agree wayne ate his ass up!

23. Rae
    5:40 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of hate, I found a Joakim Noah t-shirt. Why does this exist?

24. Pokey Champmen
    5:42 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Not only did Turner destroy the “gutty little General” but it was so much sweeter doing it in front of Packer who had been kissing Wojo’s a$$ the entire game.

25. UKFaniac
    5:57 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Stone Cold Willow could have smoothed Wojo’s back out for him.

26. VinceMcMahon
    6:05 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Somebody sent me this clip to see if I thought this kid had a future in pro wrestling after his team lost in the NCAAT. Took one look-Nah.. he couldn’t convince his mother that was real.

27. Bobby Knight's Shrink
    6:25 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Magliore was the MEANEST Mo-FO to EVER wear the Ky uniform !!

28. Uncle Si
    6:53 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

I never have liked Billy pACCer

29. Tampa Satchel
    7:42 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

When Magloire disengaged, Wojo remained prone and continued to shake in apparent pain, then he miraculously recovers. It reminds me of an Italian soccer player, minus the magic sponge and spray.

30. smith
    7:53 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

This particular act of ignorance of Wojo is what I believe partly led to Duke to lose the lead and eventually the game. For the first time, the refs started ignoring the acting fouls taught by Duke. Unfortunately, CBS didn’t see the ignorance of Packer until 10 years later.

31. SCCat
    7:55 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

this was the best game in CATS history, and Magloire putting Wojo in the rack was really the beginning of our run. Wayne Turner took the depleted Wojo to school for the next 10 minutes. What a wonderful day that was!

32. HillbillyInBC
    8:31 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

Legend has it that Cameron Mills and Scott Padgett attended a wrestling event in Louisville the following week and brandished a sign reading “Wojo fears the rings of Magloire”.

33. Kentuckrazy
    10:12 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

When I saw Magloire in class a few days later I asked him point blank “so was he faking it or were you really hurting him?” His answer was all Magloire….”Little-bitta-bofe”

34. Thundercat
    11:18 pm March 12, 2013 Permalink

We could really use Magloire’s machismo right now on this years team. Even with his advanced experience/age… Maybe we can sneak him into a cats jersey in Nashville!?

35. gocatsgo08
    12:56 am March 13, 2013 Permalink

Did anyone catch Magloire’s look at Padgett at the end after Padgett shoved Magloire away from the scramble? Magloire’s expression was like “What? I wasn’t doing anything!”

36. UK Terry
    8:33 am March 13, 2013 Permalink

#32 100% true. Saw it on TV myself.

37. cats baby!!!
    12:05 pm March 13, 2013 Permalink

31) 100% agree. I was at the game and I’ll never forget how great it was. Got hammered drunk celebrating after and still couldn’t sleep that night out of pure jubilation