Grantland follows Royce White on NBA Draft night

This is a pretty interesting “Hockumentary” on Royce White’s condition and how it will affect his NBA career. Watch as Grantland follows him on NBA Draft night as he anxiously awaits the official beginning of his NBA career.

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Grantland follows Royce White on NBA Draft night

1. UK Snuggie
    7:37 pm September 6, 2012 Permalink

Im the best player out here (who lost the game)

2. Who Dey
    7:42 pm September 6, 2012 Permalink

can relate, feel for the dude but… better than AD and MKG!? Child please.

3. tdogg40330
    7:45 pm September 6, 2012 Permalink

I feel bad for him to, wonder how it’s workin out for him to fly??
    He does have game, just didnt have enough to beat the CATS !!!

4. HeshimuEvans'2ndGradeTeacher
    7:49 pm September 6, 2012 Permalink

If he’s 6’8, his mom has to be every bit of 6’4. I wish the kid nothing but the best, just wish he coulda been a Cat.

5. giveme96
    8:08 pm September 6, 2012 Permalink

“…as he anxiously awaits…”

I can’t decide if that’s clever or poor form.

6. snoopaloop
    8:56 pm September 6, 2012 Permalink

“Anthony Davis… MKG… guys that I’ve consistently out performed time and time again.”… Pump the brakes, buddy.

7. J-Daddy
    9:03 pm September 6, 2012 Permalink

I live in Iowa…I had to listen to how great he was all last year. I also had to listen to the “Iowa St. is gonna kill UK” when they met in the tournament. Then by the 2nd half I was listening to “Man this isn’t fair, Iowa St. is a college team, UK is a NBA team”..lol
    White is a good player, he’s what got them in the dance last year, well him and that blonde headed kid that will jack them up from half court if you give him a look….But for White to utter that crap about Anthony Davis & MKG, dude give me a break…Your good BUT you ain’t that damn good!!!

8. David P
    9:18 pm September 6, 2012 Permalink

I am pulling for him wish nothing but the best for him and his family.

9. kycager
    9:50 pm September 6, 2012 Permalink

love my cats as much or more than anyone, and ad may have been the best talent, but royce white was the bestplayer in the tourney BY FAR. write it down.

10. cumberlandcat
    9:55 pm September 6, 2012 Permalink

#9, Anthony Davis didn’t play in this past tournament? White was good but he was all Iowa St had. I laugh when this guy says he outplayed MKG and Davis. Having said that, he is a good player and I hope he has a great career in the NBA.

11. Courage
    11:34 pm September 6, 2012 Permalink

I wish that young man nothing but the best. It takes a TON of courage to face his fears head-on and in a public way. Count me as a HUGE Royce White fan now.

12. phili5
    12:47 am September 7, 2012 Permalink

If we woulda got on the plane to UK, he woulda had a championship and been drafted in the top ten.

13. bigwhody
    9:04 am September 7, 2012 Permalink

Look I bleed blue to the fullest. But Royce White was the best player in the tourney hands down. No one, and I mean no one on UK could stop this kid that day. He is a special talent and I wish him the best.

14. huntin chickens
    9:06 am September 7, 2012 Permalink

wonder were he would have gone if he came to UK. i suffer from panic attacks as well but my medicine helps so i dont get them. dont know why he cant take some of my meds lol

15. spookykim
    8:06 pm September 7, 2012 Permalink

I might have made a hell of a basketball player too, if I didn’t have this syndrome called short-white-kid-with-no-athletic-ability. Some things you just can’t overcome, & Royce White is never gonna make it in the NBA. They might have babied the hell out of him in college, but Houston wasted their pick.