Good on ya, Wildcat Wearhouse

64435_4517299100497_1903422615_n

Very few things can bring the UK and UofL fan bases together, but Kevin Ware’s horrifying injury may have done just that. Check out this tribute to Ware from Wildcat Wearhouse in Madisonville, Kentucky.

Ware is already up on crutches and is expected to be released from the hospital today. Get well soon, big guy.

25 Comments for Good on ya, Wildcat Wearhouse

1. RKA
    11:05 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

Wildcat Warehouse = Class

2. RKA
    11:05 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

or Wearhouse whatever

3. H.A. Milton
    11:06 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

Can we not drag this out?

4. RKA
    11:09 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

is it just me or is this girl advertising these ear bud head phones not smoking hot?

5. Kevin Wares Underware
    11:09 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

Screw You HICKS!

6. Dale
    11:16 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

3. Really? Grow up

7. El Pollo Loco
    11:19 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

It’s time to return to our regularly scheduled programming. Injury was gruesome, but ultimately looked way worse than it was and he’ll be fine. We all wish him a speedy recovery, but it’s not like they had to amputate. His team rallied and won the game. Good for them.

Go Shockers!!

8. H.A. Milton
    11:19 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

6. Really. And thanks, I’ll work on it.

9. DiscoStick
    11:21 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

Doesn’t Stu Jamison run that place? Good work, Stu! Nicely done.

10. Ridge Runner
    11:24 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

Absolutely

11. josh
    11:31 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

4. you are right she is. Ear bud girl or Calendar girl ?

12. wkcatsfan
    11:31 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

Kudos to Wildcat Wearhouse. Glad that Ware is recovering and I think it’s great to see Cats fans sending their thoughts and prayers to him. That said…go Shockers!

13. twnky
    11:44 am April 2, 2013 Permalink

@11 ear bud girl and it isn’t even close.

14. UKFan84
    12:02 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

It is a nice gesture, and nice of BBN to wish a young man a speedy recovery, as do I. It is not a reason to cheer for the UL program though. I wish everyone would stop twisting this tragedy as a reason to cheer for UL. True UK Fans hate UL. We do not wish injury on anyone (beside Laettner), and we do not mock anyones injury. That being said, there is never a reason to cheer for UL. In my opinion never cheer for puke, or Indian either. Even when they play each other, don’t pick a side. Feel sorry for that individual kid, but still hate UL

15. Grow Up
    12:07 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

15, no one is saying you have to cheer for them, but get over it. Whether or not they win the title is irrelevant. They have a shot at getting 3 to our 8. Hating on them and desperately pulling for Wichita State makes it seem as if we are somehow threatened by them. We should either feel good for them as little brother, or be indifferent, but hating on them makes us seem petty.

16. Oogie
    12:14 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

15… I think most UK fans would agree that the best possible outcome of the Duke-UL game would have been for BOTH teams to lose. Unfortunately that’s not possible. Though I did wonder what would happen if every player on both teams fouled out. Would they have given Wichita State a bye into the championship game?

17. Duck Fuke
    12:25 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Why are people praying for him? Ware was quoted as saying UL playing Duke was a sign from God, so his injury is also a sign from God and the message was pretty clear.

18. Duck Fuke
    12:45 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Most of the USA has forgotten about the sacrifices our soldiers are making every day, dealing with their injuries losing limbs and in some cases losing their lives. And ware’s injury has become off limits to see on replay and whatnot, and the reaction of people to the gruesome scene is a bit much at this point. Maybe it’s time we televise their injuries so people can become acquainted with what they and their families are dealing with.

19. Tampa Satchel
    12:55 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

UKFan84-Your comment would be laughable were it not so arrogant. Why exactly do you feel you have the right to define what it means to a be a “true UK fan”? Not everyone shares your narrow mind.

20. UKFan67
    1:11 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

If I hear another person say *true fan, and should hate UL* and not root for them, think I’m gonna puke. *True* fans, don’t worry about who others root for. True fans root for who they want, even if another team besides their own, and don’t owe an explanation to anyone but themselves. Root for your team(s), enjoy the off season (no matter the sport) and root for your team(s) the next year. I also want UL to win this year, for some reason, not sure why (before the Ware injury). But whether they do or not, once it’s over, am done and could care less. Will enjoy the summer, play some golf (or attempt to haha) and wait for football to start.

21. UKFan84
    1:12 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

To all who replied. If I am a fan of a team, I do not cheer for the rival(s). I am also a fan of the Chicago Bears, this means I do not cheer for the Packers, or for division rivals. How is this narrow minded? I also never said that I would “desperately pull” for Wichita St. I am by no means threatened by UL, and #16 “Grow Up” you stating that anything Louisville does should be non threatening, and that is putting yourself above UL and can also be viewed as petty. I cheer for UK, I do not like our rivals. This is not being narrow minded

22. Frank the Fart Sniffer
    1:46 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

2 things…
    1. He is not dead. Everyone has their choice to root for whoever they want and it’s really not that big of a deal. What does bother me is that UL fans showed absolutely no class when it came to NN injury. I’m a grown adult so spare me the “we are better than that” attitude. I hate to see the kid get hurt but I didn’t lose any sleep over it. He didn’t die. He hurt himself pretty bad and now the media and even some “UK fans” are openly rooting for UL! How!?!? How on Earth could you root for them? I’d say 70% of the “UK fans” rooting for UL are women…no offense ladies. All I’m saying is that he didn’t die.
    So stop with your sob story thoughts and comments towards UL.
    2. Go Shockers

23. Bullconrad
    2:51 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

Pure class Wildcat Wearhouse. Like they said on the “Bluegrass Kingdom” Kentucky is the gold standard in college basketball. Let the UK fans be the gold standard of college fans.

24. Wild Blue
    3:22 pm April 2, 2013 Permalink

#19, Amen bro. How many of our brave soldiers have been recognized by Wilcat Warehouse for the ultimate sacrifice for their team. KRS tying to make Ware some kind of hero for an injury that happens daily worldwide. I guess this is to lessen the blow Card Nation throws down on Matt if they win the NC. Go Shockers.