Go and meet Deandre Liggins all around the state today

If you want a chance to meet Deandre Liggins, now an Orlando Magic superstar (too soon?), you have 3 chances today.  Liggins will be criss-crossing the state signing his name on your goods.  His first appearance will be in Owensboro is just about 90 minutes.  The entire schedule is listed below (ALL TIMES EASTERN):

1-2:30PM: Owensboro Wildcat Wearhouse

4-5:30PM: Elizabethtown Wildcat Wearhouse

7-9PM: Big Blue Country Bar and Grill, Louisville

Yesterday, Liggins visited Somerset, Danville, Lexington, and Best Little Card Shop.  If you didn’t make those appearances, today might be your last chance for a while.  Go out and show the guy who clinched a Final Four how much you appreciate his 3 years in Lexington.

Article written by Bryan the Intern

23 Comments for Go and meet Deandre Liggins all around the state today

1. WisconsinCat/PackerFan
    12:21 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

Is he charging for these? Was he charging for them yesterday?

2. Catman
    12:23 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

$15 per the LHL this morning.

3. Catman
    12:25 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

$15

4. Jimmy Daryl
    12:34 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

Don’t expect to talk to him… He had headphones on while barely looking up yesterday

5. og68
    12:35 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

test

6. og68
    12:37 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

test 2

7. Johnson
    12:50 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

Sorry but I’m not paying for autographs, never understood people who do that. They’re never worth anything, you might as well just send Liggins a $15 check and be done with it. His agent even said “this is Deandre’s job right now”, so yea I wouldn’t expect him to talk to you either, he is there to collect your $15 and move on to the next sucker.

8. Big poppa
    1:15 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

$15 with headphones on? Thats a big negative

9. Big Blue 66
    1:17 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

Okay people, i can understand the attitudes over the 15 bucks, but this type of thing is what makes UK special, we take care of our guys. Liggins doesnt have a freakin contract right now, has zero income, please dont look at this as an investment for yourself, look at it as taking care of one of our guys.

10. Stud Studerson
    1:25 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

$15 for his to write his name? What a scumbag. I guess $25 and he will actually spell his name correctly…

11. Johnson
    1:28 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

He isn’t a scumbag geeeeesh. He is just trying to make a living, but don’t go out there expecting him to be your best friend is all I’m sayin. But don’t villainize the kid either, eveyone is always so damn bi-polar on the interent–either youre great or you’re scum of the earth. Lighten up you losers.

12. DTI
    1:31 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

Good thing I’m not 6 and don’t want his autograph.

13. SagaciousMind
    1:31 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

I wish people would have said they were chargin before I went over to Danville yesterday. I dont think hardly anyone came by to see him. I think it’s ridiculous to charge, I dont care if he doesnt have a contract right now. He’s the one that decided to leave knowing a lockout was looming. Forgive me if I dont feel sorry for him. But thousands of fans have supported him through thick and thin. And he shunned most people last year when camping for madness and my ball lacked only his signature. You would think with everything he has been through in life he would be a little more humble. I am glad he is gone. These freshmen that have come in our more humble and will embrace the fans the way players should. A 2nd round draft pick is not worth spending money on. And with the economy and KY bein in the shape it’s in, makes it even more absurd to try and get money out of the fans that supported you. Lockout and he doesnt have any money? GET A JOB!!!

14. wildcatfan11
    1:40 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

you all are crazy. Brandon knight was charging like 50$, i paig about the same for big cuz. these events take place all the time. if you dont want it dont go. dont talk smack about him because he isnt the only one to do this and wont be the last. he might actually be charging less! i know the guy that puts these things on alot of times and john wall never came to town to sign because he wanted to much! and we all know he doesnt need any money. but we all still love the guy dont we? i will be there to support deandre and wish him good luck.

15. SagaciousMind
    1:45 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

I heard Cuz was chargin 50 last year. And thats ridiculous to charge fans, period!

16. catnuts
    2:17 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

This is very simple. If you think that charging $15 for his signature is too much, don’t go. If you want to help a former player, who has a kid to support, make a little money before he gets his chance to make money in the NBA then go do it.He owes us nothing as fans. He provided that when he played his heart out for the team that we love. He paid his dues.

17. SagaciousMind
    6:04 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

I didnt go, cuz it’s dumb to charge. I didnt know we were responsible for paying their bills and taking care of the children. We done enough by supporting him through his ups and downs during his career. But you know what, it’s not really even that he’s charging. I’m hearing he’s been signin everything with headphones. If you’re gonna charge people, at least interact with them. He’s backwards anyway. Good luck to him.

18. PillowTalk
    6:06 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

#16 ditto

19. Just Saying
    6:13 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

Do you guys really think this is yeilding a profit? Its not free to criss cross the state over a couple of days. $15 from a couple hundred people is nothing. Besides most pro athletes charge much more.

20. Bobby A
    8:53 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

I went to Danville. He didn’t look up but he did say thanks, when I said I appreciated what he did for the team, very quietly. Some kids can handle fame, and some get scared. Can’t blame the kid for being quiet.

21. Scott C
    8:59 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

In Ashland a few weeks ago he did autographs at Dunham Sports. He was very nice signed autographs chit chatted while he signed them stood up and even took personal pictures with fans. That kinda stuff to me is very much worth $15 not to mention the fact that he is going around the state to do this so he’s paying for the gas and services to go around and do this so he isn’t making as much as people are making seem like he is.

22. D all day B!t(he5
    10:36 pm July 31, 2011 Permalink

Feed the seed!
    Get mini liggins some J’s,
    Let’s not hate on the kid.
    It’s time to make a few dollars for his family. Don’t like it, stay at home chumps.
    It’s that simple.

23. Monty Biggard
    1:30 pm August 1, 2011 Permalink

I just added this blog to my feed reader, excellent stuff. Cannot get enough!