Giants sign Morgan Newton for a tryout

morgannewton

Jared Lorenzen. Andre Woodson. Morgan Newton. The Kentucky-to-New York quarterback pipeline continues.

However, the New York Giants signed Newton for a tryout at tight end, not quarterback. A reporter for The New York Daily News tweeted the news Thursday afternoon.

The Giants waived former Falcons tight end Michael Palmer to a free up a spot to give Newton some run.

Congrats and good luck to Morgan.

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for Giants sign Morgan Newton for a tryout

1. Bojangles
    3:05 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Andrew Woodson. Too many Andrew Wiggins posts, brah. Reset that brain.

2. Nathan
    3:05 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

So Morgan wasn’t good enough in the eyes of Joker to play tight end, but the NFL believes he has the skill set to compete. Just shows you how awful Joker was to not play an “NFL TIGHT END” on a 2 win UK team.

3. JoeMoney333
    3:07 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Good for him, always wanted him to do well. Hope he gets this chance and can do something with it!

4. PhilUK18
    3:10 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Really glad to hear this for him. He was in a class of mine this past semester and always seemed like a smart, good guy. Best of luck to him, hope he can make it

5. tyson
    3:15 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

#2–in Joker’s defense–and i don’t do that often–we needed Newton more at QB than tight end during his years here. Plus Joker never utilized tight ends anyway, so it was probably better for Newton to stay at QB. Although I am not sure he has the killer instinct required to play in the NFL, regardless of position. But he is a good kid and i wish him well.

6. Bryan in Houston
    3:16 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if the Giants will excuse him on missing a preseason game to take the LSAT or GMAT….

7. SteelyDan
    3:17 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

I thought he was going to law school?

8. Woah
    3:20 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

I’m still reeling from that asinine jumble of words from Flener earlier.

Make it so we don’t have to read his anymore. It’s AWFUL 100% of the time.

Seriously.

9. Who?
    3:24 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Who is Andrew Woodson?

10. Big Mike in The Wood
    3:52 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Good luck Morgan! This is the position the coaches should have moved you to at UK a long time ago. Was a shame not having that athleticism on the field somewhere. No disrespect to his QB abilities intended.

11. Rixter
    4:57 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Word is that Newton is going to skip the tryout because he has a dentist appointment that day.

12. Rixter
    5:00 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

#5, once MN was deeply entrenched on the bench, what good was he doing the team?

13. buzzard
    6:05 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Good luck Morgan!

14. Jamaica Man
    10:01 pm May 16, 2013 Permalink

Drew Barker, the highest ranked QB at UK since….Morgan Newton

15. sportscitystore.com
    12:28 am May 17, 2013 Permalink

I have been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site. Reading this information So i am glad to show that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I such a lot unquestionably will make sure to don?t forget this web site and provides it a glance regularly.

16. BlueTruth
    1:16 am May 17, 2013 Permalink

Morgan Newton is the Archie Goodwin of UK football. Tough to watch. smh

17. blueneck
    9:35 am May 17, 2013 Permalink

Great for Morgan. Although he wasn’t fit to play QB, most kids would have quit when a younger guy took his spot. But he stuck it out. I hope it works out for him.

18. Big Blue
    10:32 am May 17, 2013 Permalink

The lingerie league for this ‘superstar’…..

19. Fredrick Doogins
    11:08 pm May 17, 2013 Permalink

Morgan Newton had a full ride to play BASKETBALL at Indiana. I saw him hoop at the Johnson Center a couple of times, his athleticism is scary. Unfortunate we weren’t able to put his talent to better use, I wish him the best!