Get your atlas out! It’s time for Kentucky Sports Radio!

On this morning’s radio show, Matt and the crew will discuss the NBA draft lottery, football expectations, and navigating the world the way it’s meant to be navigated: with an atlas.

#TeamNoGPS

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 3-5 pm
WKFC (101.9 fm) London 6-8 pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WKYQ (1560 am) Paducah 5-7 pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

284 Comments for Get your atlas out! It’s time for Kentucky Sports Radio!

1. DrSayre
    10:03 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Because of Matt’s recommendation, and because I had a coupon, I tried the Egg White Delight today. It was pretty good. I thought the egg tasted really good. Matt have you figured out how to get to the Evansville Cici’s Pizza with your atlas? We need you to make a pit stop there on your trip West so we can get an epic picture of you and The Truth.

2. UK_JB
    10:03 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Prayers and thoughts go out to OK families today.

So who all went out last night at 11:58 and bought an Atlas? I have in my trunk of the car. Just in case.
    I hope the iheartradio stream works today! I’ve suggested an alternate station.

Where did BTI go? Glad he is back but he still sucks.

3. Fake_Mandy_Connell
    10:04 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

You’d better not take over my show! I’ll get my guns. Guns guns guns.

4. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:05 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Why does UK need an official Auto Glass Repair company?

5. Larry Conley's Earlobes
    10:06 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

UK and Cal have raised money for Haiti, Ky counties, New York/Jersey and now Oklahoma. What does Ricky 3 Stacks and UL do with all that Yum “money”?

6. Mr.Handsome
    10:06 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Can you talk about the new rupp arena plans? You never got around to it yesterday.

7. jarrod
    10:06 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

check out bruce pearl

8. Paducah Patty
    10:06 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I bought an atlas last night and stayed up all night mapping out every McDonalds that has the egg white mcmuffin and now I’m working on mapping out all of the hotel bathrooms that have earned the Matt Jones seal of approval. I’ll be finished by the time Louisville wins their next National Championship.

9. MrWildcat
    10:06 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

My grandfather doesn’t even use an atlas anymore, Matt

10. TulsaCat
    10:09 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Thank God not more people were killed or hurt. Prayers to those who were impacted.
    On the lighter side, our news teams use Lemond math.

11. L3C8
    10:11 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt did u c Erin’s tweet after her dad donated? She said “@TheErinCalipari: Stop doing this. You’re ruining you image as a terrible person β€œ@UKCoachCalipari: donating $10k to the victims effected by tornado in Okla.”

12. L3C8
    10:12 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

She is 100% correct with that tweet

13. Fake_Sue_Wylie
    10:12 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

What is your new affiliate?

14. Travis
    10:13 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I’m sitting on G and ready to GO. Haha. Stoops Troops

15. Fake_Sue_Wylie
    10:13 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I was on WVLK for 80 years and I look just as young with my fur coats

16. Travis
    10:14 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

My pick was 4 – 8 and I’m optimistic.

17. Travis
    10:14 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, what did you map for an hour after you left Wally World?

18. Chaz
    10:15 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

If we win six are we then the Kentucky Stealers?

19. Delk for 3
    10:15 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Can’t wait for Matthew Mitchell!

20. Travis
    10:15 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Ryan singing Werewolves of London… Lol

21. Mr.Handsome
    10:16 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

“What is this!?” hahaha

22. DrSayre
    10:16 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

What is this?

23. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:16 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Sad…I hoped that would continue. I think they should always broadcast what goes on during commercial breaks over iHeart. That might be awesome!

24. Archie goodwin falls alot
    10:16 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I can’t believe that these schools out there don’t have underground bunkers.. its unreal to me that these towns out there haven’t figured this out yet.. i feel terrible i really do but there are some things that can be prevented..

25. UK_JB
    10:16 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

The iheartstream is also the baseball game!

26. Edd
    10:16 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Streaming the show, perusing my new atlas, enjoying an egg white McMuffin.

27. btowncatfan
    10:16 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, if you don’t believe just a new coach can make that much of a difference, just look to Nashville and what Franklin has done. And I believe Stoops has better talent at UK than Franklin had at Vandy when he took over.

28. Melvit
    10:16 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

What is this? WHAT is this? What IS this? What is THIS?

29. Mash Davis
    10:17 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

WLAP dropped you as well.

30. UK_JB
    10:17 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

WLAP iheartstream is the baseball game… 1080 is working.

31. A College Football Fan
    10:17 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Ok, I have a question for anyone who has an opinion… What is going on in LA? I mean USC used to be the “feared ones” in the Pete Carrol era that EVERY SEC TEAM STAYED AWAY FROM. I cant believe their AD is letting Lame Kitten run it into the ground. Then they hire Pendergast for their DC… a guy who has been fired at his last 3 jobs…. I thought their offense last year shouldve looked like the New England Patriots. And THEY are apparently going to still let him call plays…its mind-boggling to me. I used to love watching them play..now, not so much. I think after this year USC will either offer Kirby Smart a ton of money or Bill O’brien…but its a shame Lane Kiffin is ruining that program.

32. CatsFanInDallas
    10:18 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

iHeart only on WKJK. WLAP is baseball game.

33. DrSayre
    10:18 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

JB- 1080 iheartstream seems to be KSR

34. Delk for 3
    10:19 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

26 — Who is going to pay for all these “underground bunkers”? We have a lot of tornadoes here in Kentucky as well. Should we have underground bunkers?

35. Sir Brandon
    10:20 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

The talking during the break is unintentional humor that helpeth to make KSR comedy gold.

36. Jeff Garlin
    10:20 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

1080 is working on iheartstream!

37. Archimaldi
    10:21 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Beat Bama. Roll the tide.

38. Bluegrass
    10:21 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Crystal is more expensive

39. Laker Cat 18
    10:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

You don’t have glass meth. That’s the difference.

40. Cal's Pal
    10:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

You’re talking about the Auburn one that the long snappers dad dropped, it was originally worth $30,000

41. susan
    10:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

And a brand new championship trophy is $30,000.

42. J in Orlando
    10:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I thought the difference has to do with lead content?

43. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Crystal often is used as a generic term for any glassware that has a form more elegant than the glassware or jelly jars used every day. Nevertheless, it is not always an accurate label.

Maintaining standards: According to John Kennedy, head of technical services at Waterford in Waterford, Ireland, there are very specific guidelines for what constitutes real crystal. Kennedy notes the three primary criteria for crystal: a lead content in excess of 24 percent, a density in excess of 2.90 and a reflective index of 1.545. These specifications were established in 1969 by the European Union, the main trading block of 15 European countries. The United States, Kennedy says, never established its own criteria, but accepts the European standard for customs purposes.

Getting the lead out: According to Kennedy, the key ingredient in crystal is lead. Waterford crystal traditionally has a lead content of about 32 percent. Although some finer glassware may contain lead, anything below the 24 percent standard is not considered crystal. Common glassware contains about 50 percent silica (sand), but no lead.

44. cats1
    10:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Crystal has lead content.

45. Glass is made from plain old sand.

46. Jeff Garlin
    10:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Remember when Saban got dumped with gatorade when he first won the title and got pissed at his players?

47. Archie goodwin falls alot
    10:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

36- i don’t know maybe take that 26 million spent from the stimulus money to study field mice could have been use to build underground bunkers.. kentucky doesn’t have near the storms or the chance of tornadoes like they do in tornado ally..your comment is just plain stupid..

48. confusius
    10:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Crystal has lead in it

49. Rockfield, KY
    10:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

A crystal or crystalline solid is a solid material whose constituent atoms, molecules, or ions are arranged in an ordered pattern extending in all three spatial dimensions. In addition to their microscopic structure, large crystals are usually identifiable by their macroscopic geometrical shape, consisting of flat faces with specific, characteristic orientations

50. A College Football Fan
    10:23 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Crystal has a lead content of at least 24 percent whereas glass has no lead. Lead is worth more and is naturally occuring. Just about anyone can make glass…

51. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    10:23 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Apparently they should Crystal Light, that’s my point of view.

52. Jeff Garlin
    10:23 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

BTI still sucks, BTW!

53. The King
    10:23 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Imagine how much it would have sold for if it was crystal meth.

54. Travis
    10:24 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Call Me – Boogie

55. btowncatfan
    10:24 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Vandy 2010 (2-10) and 2011 (6-6) with essentially the same players.

56. Delk for 3
    10:24 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I’m just not going to be concerned with a set number of wins for Stoops’ Troops. I am just going to be looking for execution, effort, and intensity. I want them to be competitive. Point blank. Period.

57. Bluegrass
    10:24 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I think Cal learned enough from this past year that it will never be as bad as it was. We will have ups and downs but never as low as it just was.

58. TrinityPills
    10:24 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Daniel Orton just called to say you don’t have to put up good stats or even get playing time in your one college season to get drafted. Just saying.

59. J in Orlando
    10:25 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

29 cant compare…they didnt play a team like UL nonconf…theres one extra win…also they were able to play us when we were terrible…another extra win…they won 6…4 would be decent for us this year

60. inlinefor9
    10:25 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I think after this year, UK will bring back Wiltjer and Lee. That’s it. We’ll bring in Karl Towns. Everyone else is going.

61. Geologist
    10:25 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, the BSC trophy is made by a company called Waterford Crystal. The word “crystal” here is a marketing term, its really just glass.

62. TrinityPills
    10:26 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

“If Vandy can beat them (TN), why can’t we?”

Because we have our hands full with Vandy right now too.

63. Bluegrass
    10:27 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

My only expectation for football this year is that we FINALLY pain the endzones blue. The graphics on our field look like they were designed in 1989. New coach = new look

64. A College Football Fan
    10:28 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt- James young is projected to go 6th in the NBA draft. Aaron is a lottery pick. Andrew is top 5. Julius is top 3. WCS is top 10. I doubt ANY are going to stay…but, can you Imagine a front line of Karl Towns, Marcus Lee, Dakari Johnson? WOW

65. Melvit
    10:28 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

1. Crystal contains lead. Glass do not contain lead element.
    2. Crystals are basically glass. Glasses are not crystals always.
    3. Crystals are heavy materials. Glass is lighter material.
    4. Light diffracts through crystals. Light does not diffract through ordinary glass.

66. UK_JB
    10:28 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I want to be a photographer and graphic designer!!

67. Bluegrass
    10:28 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Do the people that write have to live in Lexington or Louisville?

68. Walter White
    10:29 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Blue Crystal is where the money is at

69. Ron Burgundy
    10:29 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I could be wrong but I believe crystal is an old, old wooden ship used during the Civil War era

70. Crystal Gale
    10:30 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

What makes crystal so expensive? Raw materials and various production methods come together to make crystal an expensive and time consuming product to manufacture. Crystal is a product, which is produced…

Crystal is a product, which is produced by various materials including silica sand, pot ash and litharge, which is basically melted down in a furnace and then manipulated or blown into different shapes. Really, the reason that crystal is expensive is the amount of time and also personal crafting and experience needed to produce an individual piece that includes via the correct melting of the raw materials and depending on the type of product, it could be hand blown and these would be skilled craftsmen with several years minimum of experience, and also wooden tools that are used to shape the crystal as its blown. And there is a long cooling time required, which is called annealing, which actually lets the crystal cool properly to give it some strength, and then, after that depending on the product again there is several stages of decorating that might be used such as diamond wheel cutting or etching, painting in some cases, but this… all these things really go up to make crystal an expensive product.

71. A College Football Fan
    10:30 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

57)

Ole Miss 2 years ago – 2-10, no wins in SEC

Last year – Ended with 7wins and a bowl win with the same players…

72. DeShawn
    10:30 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I understand that we play in the toughest conference, in fact we have the hardest schedule next year. I also understand that the lack of depth, experience, and adjusting to a new staff are all factors that are working against us BUT I honestly believe we will find a way to go at least 6-6 and get back to a bowl game. I think we’ll win ALL four non-conference games and find a way to get at least conference games. YES we return some of the same players but I believe this staff is competent enough to find a way to get at least two conference wins.

73. FUBAR Blue
    10:30 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Glass is an “amorphous solid”, it’s molecules have no real alignment, a crystal is a solid with a regular repeating molecular structure. Chemicals can be added to molten glass that will give it a crystalline structure, it then has different optical properties, greater strength, greater price, etc.

74. UK_JB
    10:30 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

If a politician stays with uncle matt… they would get an atlas and be asked to hang up a picture frame.

75. Jeff Garlin
    10:31 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

That guy was the ambassador to London, KY. He helped protect the chicken festival!

76. Jeff Garlin
    10:32 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

You should open your house to a republican canidate to keep the conservatives off your back!

77. KC
    10:32 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

I am on board with you having a road atlas, I use GPS in cities that I am unfamiliar with. To note I am am also under 30. If you really want to plan you need to pick-up the trucker edition of Rand McNally, it shows you all the weighing stations and most importantly it is laminated so you can use a dry-erase marker to plan out your route.

78. TravelAgency
    10:33 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

When I was a very young boy, I saw Nixon land at the London, Ky airport (landing strip a little longer than maybe 3 football fields) during the J Kennedy campaign. Don’t know if he slept in London though.
    That’s the same airstrip we would drag race on after midnight years later. We knew the tower controller.

79. Fancy
    10:35 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Suggestion for those who want to hear the KSR Show and also keep track of UK Baseball game:

Listen to KSR on http://www.talkradio1080.com

Pull up Stat Tracker from http://www.ukathletics.com

Ta Da!!

80. TylerH
    10:35 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

If Ryan caught you making Crystal he would DEFINITELY turn you in

81. Bluegrass
    10:35 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

But doesn’t the basketball team get a crystal trophy as well?

82. J in Orlando
    10:36 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Pitino wanted to also donate money to the OK cause, but unfortunately his funds are tied up in paternity suits and back ink

83. Jamal also was a big factor in that 98 victory over Duke because of the defensive job he did on Elton Brand. Nazr wasn’t physical enough to defend Brand and Jamal basically put the cuffs on him, in addition to racking Wojowhatever.

84. DeShawn
    10:37 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

No disrespect to Joker but that staff didn’t use the little bit of talent that we had properly. If we can avoid significant injuries and the staff coaches half as good as they recruit I think we’ll be okay

85. Jackson
    10:39 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

The President of the Football Bowl Association is in Lexington today. Someone get Vince Marrow on the case.

86. Benny The Jet
    10:39 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

The National Championship trophy needs to be customizeable like the WWE championship belt. Stone Cold added snake skin. John Cena made the WWE emblem a platinum spinner.

87. This Is It...
    10:39 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Good Morning Matt…Heard you ragging on me yesterday…I listen because I am a huge cat fan, love your show, but because I don’t always agree with you doesn’t make me a jerk..

88. A College Football Fan
    10:39 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I think Andrew’s Analysis is better….

89. nkycat
    10:40 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Found this article that breaks down this years class and compares it with the fan five….

90. Honky Kong
    10:40 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

UK baseball is on iheart radio too and on 630 ? WTF ??

91. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:40 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

They still give out a crystal ball for winning the championship in basketball.

92. nkycat
    10:40 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Fab five*

93. Kyle
    10:40 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

The football trophy is given by the Football Coaches Association and the BCS. The NCAA does not run the Football Championship, so they don’t get the wood trophy.

The NABC (basketball coaches association) also gives out a crystal trophy for basketball. Here is a link to UK’s: http://pinterest.com/pin/20829216996759830/.

94. Dud Wash
    10:40 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Crystal is from the country.

95. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:41 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Not going to lie, the “We won it first” shirt is pretty stupid. It just doesn’t make any sense. Next Louisville will make a shirt that says “We won one since you did” It’s just dumb. We know we’re better, we don’t need some petty shirt to tell us that. I think the shirt makes us look petty and foolish.

96. Dwayne
    10:42 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Maybe you should hire Andrew as one of the writers you’re looking to hire for the site.

97. Delk for 3
    10:42 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

49 — Okay, buddy. Don’t get so upset. So you would spend money for those bunkers in tornado alley (Kansas, Oklahoma, etc.), but not for other states (like Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Tennessee, Alabama, etc.) in what is known as a secondary tornado alley? Sure, tornado alley states have a higher probability for tornadoes than us in Kentucky, but other than that, secondary tornado alley states (like Kentucky) have a higher probability for tornadoes than most anywhere else in the world. The reality is, though, the probability for a direct hit in a given place (like a school) is so extremely small — in Kansas, Oklahoma, or Kentucky — that it is very hard to justify the cost.

98. Travis
    10:42 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Ryan is ready to take charge on this Rupp Renovation. He gets results even if he does not know if Julian Carroll was a man or woman.

99. Bluegrass
    10:42 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

As long as the Rupp renovations include an exit for Big Bertha then I’m happy

100. The Real JD
    10:43 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Floyd County edition of KRS!!!!!!!!!!!

101. Travis
    10:43 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Done Deal. What the duck, Ryan? Haha

102. UK_JB
    10:43 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Isn’t he in trouble? He is a Conn man.

103. UK2K
    10:43 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, at this rate Cal wont be at UK when a renovated Rupp is finished

104. BassMaster
    10:43 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

We need to convert The Truth to a UK fan. it’s obvious that Indiana doesn’t have the same passion their sports as we do in Kentucky.

105. crystal
    10:43 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt – There are crystal ball national championship trophies. Kentucky has 3. https://twitter.com/KentuckyMBB/status/324259203692765184/photo/1

106. A College Football Fan
    10:44 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

UK/John Calipari – wanted a new arena which means it would more than likely be relocated out of downtown.

Lexington – Doesnt want it moved. They get a ton of buisiness downtown from Rupp. Downtown collapses without it. City also is very concerned about the entire district and other things outside of the arena like the stream and convention center and everything. UK only cares about Rupp.

107. The Real JD
    10:44 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I wonder if he will be next to the fake statue of liberty or the fake Abe Lincoln monument?? Matt do you know?

108. DOJ
    10:45 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Where is ol’ Eric these days? He kinda dropped off our radar last year?

109. Travis
    10:45 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

BBQ Blues and Bikes Fest is in Etown, KY this Saturday all day, noon until ten. Beer tent, food and love music. Bikes on bikes on bikes. http://www.bbqbluesfest.com

110. Chris
    10:45 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Stanville Ky has the ONLY other Lincoln Memorial Statue – located at the Eric C Conn Law Complex.

111. Big D
    10:45 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Unless I’m mistaken there are four new head coaches in the sec this year:Kentucky, Arkansas, Auburn, and Tennessee. Those other 3 teams are traditionally better than UK. In my opinion it will be a successful season if we have a better record than at least 2 of them. That will take at least 5 wins I believe, and will mean we got the better hire.

112. The Real JD
    10:45 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Stanville isnt that deep…….Eric C. Conn’s “the name says it all” Office is right on US 23 between Pikeville and Prestonsburg. I wouldn’t call a 4 lane road deep into the woods.

113. Delk for 3
    10:48 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I’m happy for Ramsey. Get that money, pimp.

114. Travis
    10:48 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Someone please get a picture and ask him to throw up the three goggles.

115. codymiller1
    10:49 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Maybe if we drop Ryan Lemond his value triples to $9.

116. TM
    10:49 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Hey Matt, speakin of how cheap the NCAA basketball trophy is, what do you think is the best trophy in sports?

If you ask me, it’s got to be the stanley cup

117. UK_JB
    10:50 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Too late Wiggins… Our guy got him first!

118. JHD
    10:51 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Point of information: Rupp renovation and the convention center are two separate projects, legally and financially. Town Branch Commons (or “streams and parks” in your words) is a another separate, and as yet unfunded, project.

119. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:51 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, it all fairness I’m a fan of the “Almost to half-way there” shirt. Just not down with the “We won it first”

120. Chaz
    10:51 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Spiderman from the rafters! Swoop!

121. Travis
    10:51 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

What if the Gonzales twins joined the Harrison twins? That would be awesome.

122. UK_JB
    10:51 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I meant… Too late Wiggins… Our guy got her first!

123. Sparky624
    10:51 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Which is better Matt, more or less ??

124. Mash Davis
    10:52 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Instead of renovating Rupp, why not build a new Arena across the street from Commonwealth over by the Apartments off Alumni Drive. That way you can share a parking lot that would be ready made to handle any parking for the arena. This could be funded by donors with naming rights sold to help pay for the project.

125. TrinityPills
    10:52 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Didn’t Billy Donovan pull some stupid prank with a “crystal” national championship trophy? I think he dropped a fake one in the middle of their victory celebration after one of their title runs.

126. TylerF
    10:53 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Anthony Davis 2012 vs. 2013
    2012:
    Player of the year
    Freshman of the year
    Defensive player of the year
    Olympic Gold Medal
    National Champion
    #1 Draft pick

2013:
    Gonzalez Twin

Toss Up

127. Paully
    10:54 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I wouldn’t even call Stanville a town. Leave to Eric C. Conn, he also a music video made that had the “Obama Girl”, Ralph Stanley and Jesco White (from the Wonderful Whites of West Virginia) doing a collaboration together. WHAT A JOKE! Here’s the link on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sK5RvT4THo

128. Melvit
    10:54 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

If they pull off the miracle and beat Florida at Florida, I will drive down to Gainesville just to storm the field.

129. sec fb
    10:55 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

we all saw what happened last year when a sub par big 12 team in a&m brought that big 12 offense to the league and tore some teams up, can browns air raid do something similar?

130. Sir Brandon
    10:56 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Would Shannon the Dude judgeth a Shake your Atlas contest?

131. Basteballer
    10:56 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt read a different book in college. ANN Randy’s “Atlas Rubbed.”

132. UK2K
    10:56 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Stanville is located on Country Music HWY close to Betsy Lane

133. Melvit
    10:57 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

For some reason, I was thinking that Charles Ramsey was going to give financial advice.

134. Travis
    10:57 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt made the comment yesterday and said the maps were not good. I use Google Maps and Earth at work and on my Galaxy S3. I agree an atlas is important and can be used to map things, but I also feel you should embrace and utilize current technology too. Lol

135. Jax Teller
    10:58 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Anybody else hear this story about Tumblr on the 1080 stream? Really. If you have a lisp, stay of the radio.

136. inlinefor9
    10:59 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

This guy talking about Tumblr should be on the radio at every break. Most incredible lisp of all time

137. tuxedo park
    10:59 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I’m Steve KAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYthen.

138. DOJ
    11:00 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

139. UKfanFelicia
    11:00 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Not trying to be mean but the guy sharing insight on yahoo buying tumblr sounds like his tongue is swelled or very fat!

140. inlinefor9
    11:01 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

The sound of silence should be the next song Shannon comes in from the break with

141. realme
    11:02 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Hel, am I the only one that just lost the 1080 feed?

142. Michelle
    11:02 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I am a 44 year old mother of 3 from Cincinnati. I was just at my oncologist appt for my 1 year follow up from breast cancer. While talking to my doctor about anxiety about the cancer returning he asked “what gives your mind a break from worrying about cancer?” My answer “KSR”, which I the. Had to explain to this UC graduate. Anyway thank you for the wonderful 2 hour break from worry each day!
    Go Cats!

143. realme
    11:02 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

*help

144. UKfanFelicia
    11:02 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

anybody else’s sound go out?

145. rokhok
    11:03 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Andrew Wiggins school choice is like choosing between 3 types of tests (from hardest to easiest): essay, fill-in-the-blank, and multiple choice. These correspond to choosing UK, KU, and FSU accordingly. To choose the hardest you have to have balls o steel. Like Perrin said he didn’t have the Kentucky swagger.

146. inlinefor9
    11:03 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

#143 nope same here. Just white noise.

147. UK_JB
    11:04 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

There is no news on top of the hour for 1080 since the game is on, that is why it is quiet

148. Andrew
    11:04 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Hello BTI my old friend….. you sucked the life out of the show again….

149. NOOOOOO
    11:04 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Come back!!!!!!

150. bleedblueky
    11:04 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Don’t panic guys – the sound should be back after the 11 am news πŸ™‚

151. inlinefor9
    11:04 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

When Matt takes his 2 week break, they should just have a silent feed for 1080. It’ll take us listeners at least a week to figure out it’s not just the typical weekly KSR lost signal.

152. inlinefor9
    11:05 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

HEYYYYYY, we’re back with the lisp guy!!!

153. tuxedo park
    11:05 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

yes, more larry tagget lisping!

154. Chaz
    11:05 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

1080’s back on iHeart

155. Laker Cat 18
    11:05 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I think it’s just the commercials that have lost sound. The actual show should be fine. I’ve noticed it a couple of times over my days of listening.

156. realme
    11:06 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Good, it’s back. I get nervous when I think I might miss some ksr.

157. DrSayre
    11:06 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

11:06…Im a little worried were about to get 30 minutes of news

158. inlinefor9
    11:07 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

@larrymagid on twitter. We need this guy to do KSR commercials

159. UK_JB
    11:08 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I am sure the candians know our antham better then we knowing theirs

160. Paully
    11:09 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

The first one I posted was the making of the video. Sorry This is the actual Ralph Stanley, Obama Girl, and Jesco White music video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljua1P7M9DU

161. inlinefor9
    11:09 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Ever see the movie Ted? It’s like the scene where the bear sings just using vowels

162. Kidnut
    11:09 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

That is the Sigur Ros version of the Star Spangled Banner

163. Melvit
    11:09 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

“And some bombs in the air”

164. Jax Teller
    11:10 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt: “Don’t get on your computer”
    Ryan: “I’m not” **checks phone**

165. UK_JB
    11:10 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

In middle school we had to get up in the front of the class and sing it to the class for a grade.

166. Chaz
    11:11 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Reminds me of Rupp Arena crowd singing My Old Kentucky Home. It’s the thought that counts.

167. Travis
    11:11 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Good gawd…the train completely ran off the track with that singer. And now Ryan gets to do it? I’m very excited.

168. This Is It...
    11:11 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt…Bottom of the third Bat Cats down 1-0..

169. Smitty
    11:12 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Johnny Short is so disappointed

170. Jax Teller
    11:12 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Carl Lewis and Ryan Lemond both throw in “uh oh” into their anthem.

171. Rockfield, KY
    11:12 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Gave proof throught the night, not stayed true through the night.

172. Travis
    11:12 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

This is awesome. Thank you Matt and Shannon. πŸ™‚

173. Kidnut
    11:13 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

What words do not make any sense in the anthem?

174. JoeMoney333
    11:13 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Memory works better w/ Melody/Music… see Rain Man.

175. Travis
    11:13 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Bright stars. Haha

176. JHD
    11:13 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

When your remember that tune of the Star Spangled Banner is originally a drinking song, Ryan actually did a pretty great job.

177. TM
    11:13 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Best version of the national anthem is Huey Lewis and the News

178. Rockfield, KY
    11:13 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

a buncha bombs in the air

179. inlinefor9
    11:13 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Well they didn’t just pull her out of the audience either. That’s something you practice and learn the song before hand

180. bleedblueky
    11:13 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt – at least Ryan had the guts to sing on radio (I doubt you can do it) πŸ™‚

181. Slim
    11:13 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like an Andy Griffith episode where Andy helps barny with the emancipation proclamation.

182. realme
    11:14 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Everyone gets stuck at the O’er the ramparts line. Good thing they don’t have to sing the other 3 verses (I just googled it).

183. CATS BY 90!
    11:14 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Johnny Short would question Ryan Lemmond’s “Great American” status if he heard that rendition of the National Anthem.

184. Melvit
    11:14 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

#168 In my experience, the crowd at Rupp Arena really knows the words to My Old Kentucky Home.

185. This Is It...
    11:16 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt..Your boy Vanetti said last night that the only reason UK built a new SB stadium was because “UL built it first”…LOL

186. Travis
    11:20 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

These family minute dot com.commercials will be the next to be mocked on KRS.

187. VocalistCritic
    11:20 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Last thought on the anthem..Let’s hear Matt sing it loud, sing it proud.

188. Travis
    11:20 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

God Bless America.

189. UKJon
    11:21 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Please no! I am sick of that song!

190. Edd
    11:21 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

If God Bless the USA was the national anthem, I would leave my hat on and not stand up.

191. Paducah Patty
    11:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Any 1970’s kids like me remember the show Emergency? The hospital was named Rampart General!

192. capnmonkey
    11:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Can’t believe you didn’t know what a rampart was. I am a Dungeons and Dragons player of 20+ years and not only do I know what a rampart is, I have defended many myself against legions of orcish vermin.

Get with it.

193. This Is It...
    11:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt..Not gonna comment on national anthem …

194. BigBlu9
    11:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you have to visit the Eric C. Conn law complex for just the comical value alone. The complex (compound) is 9 double wides hooked together.It also has a giant Abraham Lincoln Memorial statue in the parking lot along with a miniature statue of liberty..Good times

195. Nathan
    11:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

@192 Totally agree.

196. junkie262
    11:22 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Can we get Matt to dumb-down Shakespeare for us next?

197. quickie
    11:23 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Anybody who wants to replace the National Anthem has never been to Fort McHenry and felt the history there.

198. Jax Teller
    11:23 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

“It’s deep”

-She

199. This Is It...
    11:25 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

McCreary Co..Home of Time Stephens and my father-inlaw…

200. RUPPS_rhetoric
    11:25 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Twain-ee, We need a fake David Beckham call ASAP!!

201. Doug the Prosecutor
    11:25 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Why can’t “America the Beautiful” be our national anthem? (“Oh beautiful, for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain…”). It’s broad in scope, not just about the Battle of Baltimore Harbor in the War of 1812, has beautiful imagery, and is awesome when sung by Willie Nelson, who really is the voice of America.

202. quickie
    11:26 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Johnny will no longer consider Matt a great American for dissing the National Anthem.

203. Doug the Prosecutor
    11:26 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Is Eric C. Conn the Eastern Kentucky version of Saul Goodman from Breaking Bad?

204. Jax Teller
    11:26 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Twanny will write a book on everything that Brian Long doesn’t appreciate.

205. Fake_Bill_Bad_Lamb
    11:26 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I am writing a book, best points. That’s my point of views.

206. UK_JB
    11:27 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I hear a lawn mower in the background

207. This Is It...
    11:27 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt..Maybe Charles doesn’t like rap and likes Conway Twitty…Then he is all yours

208. J in Orlando
    11:29 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

the best place for Nerlens is Orlando…he can make a name for himself as a dominant center, hold the franchise hostage, then force a trade to the Lakers lol

209. Travis
    11:30 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Cleveland is where the Kidnapping occurred and Charles Ramsey saved the day. The Truth said its a dirty city and has a bunch of lil jimmies.

210. elkcity2224
    11:30 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you could stop by Prestonsburg which is the home of Sundy Best.

211. BBN1524
    11:31 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, here is a photo of your law office.

212. Miss Nomer
    11:31 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

“This American Life” recently did a great show on disability benefits — it made me think of Eric C Conn.

213. This Is It...
    11:32 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Bottom of the 4th..Ole Miss up 2-1..

214. BBN1524
    11:33 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Not a bad double wide I might add.

215. Chaz
    11:33 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

@186 – I agree to disagree. In my section everybody knows “the sun shines bright..” then a lot of mumbling till “sleep no more my lady..”. I love the effort though. Go Cats!

216. rose
    11:34 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt if you all go to Stanville, Chubb said he’d drop me off to hang out with you boys. I hope it happens.

217. susan
    11:34 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Ralph Staples of Meade County, 71 years old, used to be a farmer, plumber and Ex-con.

218. linda taylor
    11:35 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I came to Mc’Donalds this morning to try the eggwhite mcmuffin & listen to the show on iheart. So what happens when I refill my diet coke? The machine breaks and won’t stop dispensing diet coke. #KSREFFECT

219. susan
    11:35 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Ralph said he’s just gonna lay low for awhile and figure out what he’s going to do.

220. TrinityPills
    11:36 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

WHY DO YOU PLAY THE LOTTERY IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO BANK IT AND GO ON WITH LIFE AS NORMAL?

221. Travis
    11:36 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Ryan…What do you and Mandy say to each other in your role play when you win the lottery?

222. Rockfield, KY
    11:36 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I’d tell a few people and then use it when I was out at the bars to take home gold diggers and use them. They deserve to be used.

223. Mike
    11:37 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I wouldn’t either. Matt, you’re all wet. By broadcasting it, you are also telling every criminal and would-be criminal that you are a target-rich environment.

224. Chaz
    11:37 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

@217 – *weep*, not sleep-keyboard skills challenged. I do know the words to the song.

225. Cotton Mash
    11:38 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Remember Jorts was in China w/ the Sports Reach team:
    (includes picture of him dunking on short people)

226. rose
    11:38 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

HOT DAMN!! I’m going to Stanville. See you boys there, I’ll be in charge of refreshements.

227. This Is It..
    11:38 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Told you Matt..He heard you love Conway..

228. Travis
    11:38 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

This makes me very happy. Charles Ramsey interview.

229. inlinefor9
    11:39 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

The Truth owes it to the world to call in when Charles Ramsey is on the radio

230. Kidnut
    11:40 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I hope the couples scheduled for Friday didn’t take a day off work to participate. I know that it would be difficult for me to clear my schedule and then be bumped.

231. Goonies
    11:40 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Here is the crazyness…if the lotter is at 600 million, initial taxes take it to 300million cash option. Then the first year the Fed’s will tax it again in the amount of around 75-100 million…. So tax wise, they take almost 400 million….THATS CRAZY!

232. Mike Honcho
    11:40 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

The Toronto Raptors still sounds weird to me….

233. Don
    11:40 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Hey Matt, out of curiousity, as much as Tyler writes on the website, why is she never on the show or call into the show?

234. Goonies
    11:41 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

I dono if Cleveland will take Nerlens, they are supposedly trying to make a play for Demarcus Cousins.

235. Jacob Brooks
    11:41 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Lebrons not going back to Cleveland.

People stay anonymous so that everyone theyve ever known and everyone they’re even remotely related to don’t start coming around begging for money

236. inlinefor9
    11:42 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Archie just won’t have a legacy. He’ll probably be forgotten in a few years. Here for 6 months and didn’t accomplish anything as a team or individual. I don’t hate him and I’m not mad at him, just being honest. I think he’ll just be forgotten about.

237. Melvit
    11:43 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Their attitude is what makes them have a bad legacy. I compared Archie with Rhodes all year long.

238. Melvit
    11:44 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Archie, Rhodes and Orton were not team players. They were only out for themselves.

239. Jacob Brooks
    11:44 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

233) that’s why u take the 20 year option.

600 million/20 = 30 million a year before taxes for 20 years.

Its also much much harder to go bankrupt with bad purchases and bad investments

240. Edd
    11:44 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Archie has already hit that point. Timing had as much to do with that as anything. I don’t think it’s that he’s disliked as much as he’ll just be forgotten.

241. ky
    11:46 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

matt, why would we embrace archie? he was here 1 year, it was a terrible year, and he played selfish the whole season and never changed. lord forbid he stay 3 seasons and get all time good

242. Rockfield, KY
    11:46 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Archie has just gone about everything the wrong way since the season was over.

“Anyone who says they’re ready to leave is delusionsal” He’s the only one who left, other than Nerlens (#1 pick)

“I’m gon’ make them eat they feet” On top of sounding stupid, he’s talking about the UK fans who said he’s not ready.

Plus countless other defensive tweets that dumbass fans feast on.

243. TrinityPills
    11:47 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Ryan – Baylor women didn’t win the womens’ national championship.

244. Mike
    11:47 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

LJ Rose was one of their best players? In what universe? Come on Matt, do your homework.

245. Kidnut
    11:47 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

If Archie showed less selfishness then he would be more beloved.

246. Mike
    11:48 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

And Bello wasn’t that good either. Those two do not hurt them much at all.

247. inlinefor9
    11:48 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

More than 2 would be disappointing. 2 would be unfortunate

248. This Is It...
    11:48 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

We ARE NOT losing to Otis…

249. L3C8
    11:48 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt I read there is a third Baylor player transferring now.

250. L3C8
    11:49 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Before I forget, who is the blonde with BTI

251. The Real JD
    11:49 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I’m about sick of you making fun of Floyd County and how “deep” it is. Seriously……..

252. Kidnut
    11:50 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

When you mentioned Charles Ramsey I first thought you were talking about Dave Ramsey.

253. Rockfield, KY
    11:50 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Stanville is right next to Pikeville, according to Google Maps. Didn’t use an atlas.

254. Bluegrass
    11:50 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

The more you talk about your Atlas the more its evident that you’ve never used Google Earth. It does everything you say your Atlas does plus some (actual satellite photos, etc)

255. Chaz
    11:50 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Archie may become a footnote in UK BB history. His role was never defined. In two years I won’t remember if he was a point or scoring guard, he had no walk off winning shots, was not a lock down defender. Great athlete and I hope he finds a place in the NBA.

256. alexiecat
    11:50 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Stanville is 2.5 hours from Lexington.

257. bsquared01
    11:50 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

233….its not taxes that take it to 300 mill…the lottery number is always the annuity….and the cash option is what you get now…..I would never take the annuity since its on a sliding scale based on inflation…take the cash option invest 50 mill with 8-10% ror annually and you would have 1-2 billion when you retire if you are 30.

258. The Real JD
    11:50 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Floyd county is right next to Pike County…….where Hillbilly Days were last month.

259. Noah Wylie
    11:51 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Was Charles Ramsey on ER?

260. Melvit
    11:52 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Josh Hopkins?

261. PopularityContest
    11:52 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Has to be Roger Federrer. Worldwide….

262. census cat
    11:53 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Charles Ramsey is not even the most famous Ramsey on the show. What about Kige?

263. Bluegrass
    11:53 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

if you ask people 1 year from now who Charles Ramsey is the number comes down drastically.

Dick Vitale will be known for decades to come

264. Sparky624
    11:53 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

If you would have been able to get ‘Booger’ on the phone, you wouldn’t even be having this conversation …..

265. Melvit
    11:53 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Federer?

266. Travis
    11:54 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Eric C. Conn has an office in Stanville, Ky according to Google. US 23

267. McRand
    11:54 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

@256-even if Matt’s never used GE, he’s done OK in his career. How would not using an atlas have made things better for him, or anyone for that matter.

268. outRAGEous02
    11:54 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Noah Wylie…a lot of people watched ER for really long time.

269. TG in ATX
    11:55 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt,
    Any idea when the tickets go on sale for the Baylor – UK games?

270. This Is It...
    11:55 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Before you leave..Ole Miss leads 2-1 top of the sixth..

271. inlinefor9
    11:55 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Federer probably is bigger than Vitale.

272. Travis
    11:56 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt just screamed ROGER FEDERER. HA

273. Kyle
    11:56 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Yup, worldwide it’s Federer

274. Bluegrass
    11:56 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Just check their twitter followers to see who has more. That could be a good counter to see who is more popular

275. elkcity2224
    11:57 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Tony Shiavone

276. Evan
    11:58 am May 21, 2013 Permalink

Your argument against Cal was that he only appealed to a niche audience, Vitale appeals to the same niche audience! If you know Vitale, you know Cal. With that said, Federer is bigger than both, even in the US

277. Orangello
    1:27 pm May 21, 2013 Permalink

Again, you’re not on WMSK’s 101.3FM feed in Morganfield. You’re on the station’s AM 1550 feed. I enjoy listening there every day. Keep up the good work.

278. omegastu
    2:11 pm May 21, 2013 Permalink

podcast?

279. joe
    2:23 pm May 21, 2013 Permalink

POdcast please Mr.Jones?

280. Podcast Dependent
    2:51 pm May 21, 2013 Permalink

…must…have…podcast

281. Bro
    3:45 pm May 21, 2013 Permalink

Pawdcast!

282. pjs827
    4:26 pm May 21, 2013 Permalink

Where’s the podcast Matt?