Matt Elam is a man

Adam Lefkoe from WHAS 11 in Louisville recently caught up with a particular 6’6, 350 pound senior from John Hardin High School, who just so happens to be drawing a lot of attention from Kentucky and a few other major football powerhouses.

He is in Lexington this weekend and the coaching staff has a chance to make a big splash in his recruitment, possibly becoming the first five-star commitment for Coach Mark Stoops.

Article written by Stuart Hammer

B.S. Broadcast Journalism from the University of Kentucky. @StuartHammerKSR

23 Comments for Matt Elam is a man

1. TDog
    5:34 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

When I saw ‘Matt Elam is a’ as the title I thought he had commuted early to UK and was about to jump for joy. But I was wrong sadly.

2. NO MATT JONES
    5:37 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

“I love this town. I love this state.”

Is that dice I hear?

3. VinnyCent
    5:40 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

I want him in UK gray right now.

4. jpizzle
    5:55 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

I really have to believe Stoops is in the driver’s seat in this kid’s recruitment. Drew Barker and the rest of those guys and he seems like he is totally embracing #BBN. How cool is this recruiting class?!

5. Hey hey hey
    6:17 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

It’s Fat Albert!

6. jalo
    6:24 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

#6 not cool. matt elam sounds like a great guy. I hope he chooses either UofL or UK because you can tell he really loves this great state of ours.

7. John Hardin teacher
    6:32 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

This guy has always professed love to the Tide. Even the day ol’ Charlie walked in with Matt in his UK shirt.

8. NorthernKYcatfan
    6:34 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Love KSR, but I hate that they use the 24/7 rankings. Rivals is way better.

9. RahRah
    6:43 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Archie Goodwin lighting it up. 13 points in the first quarter! Burrrrrr….

10. Wow
    6:44 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Supposedly, Michael Dyer is going to transfer to louisville. He was a five star and the number 1 RB in his class. He was booted from auburn as was the MVP of Auburn’s title game. He can play right away. Between him and Domonic Brown, they may not pass against us.

11. Ken
    6:51 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt Elam’s belly button probably looks like the Sarlacc Pit from Star Wars.

12. JS
    6:54 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

What are the odds of us getting him? Also, number 6 must be a Bama Fan!!!! Who else would be that %$#^%$#.

13. RJ
    6:54 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

11 – No one cares. And he was kicked off of multiple teams for drug issues, gun possession issues, being involved with theft from his own team-mates. And if he goes to a school in the ghetto like U of L, then most of the running he will do will be off the field. From the police. Assuming he’s still in decent condition and not a has-been like Maurice Clarett.

14. RJ
    6:55 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

I meant 10. Apparently a post got deleted.

15. RJ
    6:56 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Matt Elam’s belly button hasn’t been kicked off of any teams, as far as I know. Michael Dyer has been kicked off of two.

16. Linda Taylor
    7:14 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Can you imagine what this kid could become with Erik Korem’s sports science conditioning program? That 4.9 40 could become who knows what and that 350 lbs would turn into hard hitting muscle. I hope we get him and get to watch his transformation into lean mean hitting machine. I know he has offers from all the top programs but where else are they on the cutting edge of training like UK is now.

17. Matt Jones
    7:16 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

What is the over under on the number of pp’s I have juggled In my mouth?

18. Al/in/Indy
    7:34 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

17, not sure about Matt Jones, as to the person who’s using MJ’s name? Let put it this way, if you had as many PP’s sticking out of you as you’ve have had stuck “IN” you, you’d walk around looking like a Porcupine!

19. Who Dat
    8:49 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

Just saw that man child, Matt Elam, at the mall…dudes a beast. I can’t imagine seeing him in full pads! We need his presence! Also, saw the other recruits that were with him (barker, berrios-didn’t realize how short he is but he is stalky, snodgrass, etc). They looked like they getting along really well! Lets do this! #BBN

20. Fat Albert
    9:50 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

19) I bet he was eating when you saw him.

21. 90% of UL fans in Louisville live in the projects and leech off the government
    10:34 pm July 20, 2013 Permalink

20) He will be eating Chawley Mushmouth’s teams lunch in a couple of years.

22. Matt Elam is not a 5 star trecruit
    3:17 am July 21, 2013 Permalink

Matt Elam is not a 5 star recruit. This site says it over and over again, but ESPN and Rivals, the two biggest recruiting services, don’t think hes a 5 star player. You cant call him a 5 star recruit because 24/7 has him there and that’s where hes highest but then say this class is #3 because rivals says so. That just looks like really biased unprofessional journalism

23. MotherMature
    12:31 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

#11-When you and all your family are recognized as having “a perfect human body”, you have my permission to poke fun at someone you think is not up to your standard.