Georgia Dome breaks out the booze

We all know one of the major drawbacks to SEC live events is the ban on alcohol. Well don’t worry Cat fans — the Champions Classic official twitter announced today that beer will be sold at the Georgia Dome Tuesday night when UK faces off against Duke in Atlanta. Cue the uproarious applause and cheers.

For a preview of the Georgia Dome’s many tasty options, allow me to point you in the direction of this hilariously obnoxious line from their official webpage for ‘Catering & Concessions’: “See and be seen while grabbing a Craft beer, getting that hard to find cocktail from your favorite Mixologist.”

Article written by Chris Thomas

20 Comments for Georgia Dome breaks out the booze

1. jerry c
    12:40 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Who cares. Get to the bottom of the latest Bobby p info.

2. Walter Sobchak
    12:43 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

1) This isn’t Bobby Petrino Sports Radio so shut up and go google Petrino stories

3. Austin Aries
    12:51 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Duke is coming up on Tuesday. Hurry up and hire BP Mitch! So i can finally get into “basketball mode”.

4. hugh jorgen
    12:54 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

yeeeehaaaa

5. LETSfinallyWIN
    12:54 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

1) Don’t post that football garbage on this site. lol Didn’t football end after big blue madness? I think it scares some to think that Petrino may make football relevant.

6. Truth
    12:55 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Bobby Petrino will have better options. He’s not coming to the anal canal that is uk football.

7. Oh yeah!
    1:00 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

I flew to Atlanta this weekend for the game on Tuesday. I have floor tickets for the game, and now I found out that I can drink at the game too!?!? Can life get any better?

8. jp7
    1:09 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

I don’t see not selling alcohol at SEC events as a a drawback,. I think it is a plus to be able to go to an SEC event and not have to worry about some stupid drunk spilling his beer all over you, being obnoxious and ruining the fun of the event for everyone around them.

9. GoBlue!
    1:36 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

I’ve got nothing against alcohol and I enjoyed my huge beer (with straw!) at Madison Square Garden last year. That said, after attending a few Big east games and bein surrounded by obnoxiously drunk UofL fans at the Yum Center, I’m kinda ok with the fact that the SEC doesn’t sell booze on a regular basis.

10. Sheesh
    1:42 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Actually it’s a bad thing to have any alcohol at these events. See #8 above. People can’t handle it. They want to get out of control and ruin it for everyone.

11. Mitch Barhardt
    2:22 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Hi I’m Mitch Barnhardt and I approve this message

12. UK Snuggie
    2:26 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Great, now we can have videos of drunk fans fighting and kicking each other in the heads at basketball games as well as at our football games. Good job!

13. JBR
    2:31 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

I agree 8. There are already enough idiot fans, including some of ours, that act like complete a**holes at games. Selling alcohol will make that 10x worse.

14. Ted Nugent
    2:39 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

I love beer especially nelly beer..TED FOR PREZ!!!!

15. El Guapo
    2:47 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

It’s time for the SEC to get out of the 1930s. Fans are going to be obnoxiously drunk at games anyhow. Hell, you’d have to be seeing four Morgan Newtons before you could stand to watch UK football. It gets into the stadium. I guarantee you there are more empty airplane bottles in Commonwealth toilets than fans in the seats. Why not sell $8 watered down Bud Light and actually make some money off it?

16. Nashville_Cat
    2:55 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

But, will they serve wine for the Duke fans? Bunch of pansies.

17. Axe Cop
    3:51 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Yay, $6 Bud Lights!

18. Chad
    4:53 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Where is everyone going before the game in downtown atlanta?

19. James
    5:27 pm November 11, 2012 Permalink

Hey Kentucky fans just letting you know that if you have never been to Atlanta for a game, you really wanna make sure you know where your going downtown Atlanta after the game! Be safe and make sure you remember where you parked! You will get your ass robbed if its really late and your just drunk wandering around sketchy parking structures and lots! Make sure you take all your valuables out of your vehicles! Just giving you a heads up!

20. thnx james