Georgetown blog crushes Pete Thamel

If Pete Thamel is going to attempt to dish it out, he’s going to have to take it, too. And a lot of people are looking to give it to him. One of those people is “Hire Esherick” from the Georgetown blog “Casual Hoya.” He called out Thamel for being unfair and unbalanced in his attempts at fair and balanced investigative journalism.

For example, Thamel investigated everyone around Noel except one Errol Randolph, who just so happens to be a fan of Thamel’s Syracuse Orange.

Thamel spent so much time researching the backgrounds of the people surrounding Noel in his first piece, how could he overlook Randolph’s affiliations? I mean, the national college sports reporter for The New York Times revealed all possible improprieties surrounding Noel’s recruitment, how could he forget a mere Internet search of an “unassigned teacher?”

Here’s why: Errol Randolph is a Syracuse fan. That person formerly described as merely an “unassigned teacher” and later a possible affiliate of a major sports agency lists Syracuse University, one of the final suitors for Nerlens Noel, as his one and only favorite sports team.

Check it out.

Article written by Drew Franklin

22 Comments for Georgetown blog crushes Pete Thamel

1. steve
    3:08 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

So now we’re resorting to linking sb nation blogs… any hack with a computer can write this stuff. step it up boys.

2. UKBlue
    3:09 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Man, Patrick Ewing is showing a LOT of leg lol.

3. Sheriff Taylor
    3:11 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

I can’t believe Thamel released this story on the week that Goober passed away.

4. Vicdiddy
    3:12 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Pete Thamel was just a guest on Alex VanPelt. He said that there is a likelyhood that Noel will not be eligible because he has too much work to do this summer. He also said the NCAA is looking at how he paid to go to Tilton and some other stuff. That guy needs to get a life. Chump.

5. Econ Prof
    3:17 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

I had wondered why there was never ANY follow up on the Melo eligibility issue after he was mysteriously DQ’d during the semester. Never a word in the paper of record. Never a single story about the Syracuse program and academics. Only, only, only if it’s about a UK fan or poor Bledsoe’s high school record. What an ass.

6. Bubba Earl
    3:21 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Breaking News! WKRD 790 radio has just switched call letters to WCAT, Van Teddy and his little migrant intern have not talked of any Lousyville sports news in a week. They only cover Cat news so the station has changed!!

7. HeySteve
    3:27 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

any hack may be able to write this stuff, but not just any hack can get the hits this site does. It’s done so well that it’s expanded to a tv show. If you can do it just as easily, go for it.

8. bham
    3:27 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Thamel on SVP show was biggest waste of airspace ever. Total D-bag

9. laughable
    3:27 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Great call out of Thamel. I hope real journalist keep it up. I am surprised SVP actually let him on the show.

NATIONAL CHAMPS

10. I Say
    3:28 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Im not condoning violence but I wouldnt mind if Thamel got caught square in his jaw one time. what a creep.

11. jaws2
    3:41 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Hey Steve, ever here of the ‘Drudge Report’? It’s only the most visited site in internet land for political reporting. Guess what; there are NO writers on the site, it’s ALL links to other sites blogs or articles. Dude wake up to the 21st century. If you think it sucks here, move along.

12. Ciggy
    3:44 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

I loathe thamel,and i think if he kept his damn mouth shut, enes would have probably been able to play.

What is he doing, other than reporting the issue? I haven’t seen anything where he really comes down on UK on this one.

13. gossie21
    3:45 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

How can this be? Jeff Goodman says he knows everyone connected to Noel and has never heard of Errol Randolph.

14. KingRex
    3:45 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

#4 Vic… on the SCOTT Van Pelt show, Thamel DID NOT say Noel would likely be ineligible!!!! Van Pelt asked Thamel-toe if he thought Noel would play for UK next year and Thamel-toe answered: “I don’t know”, followed by something about trying to speculate what the ncaa does is impossible. That being said… Thamel-toe is, as u put it,a CHUMP! He’s slingin $#%^, hoping something will stick!!

15. Here We Go Again
    3:50 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

We better get used to these stories. As long as Cal is at UK & continues to get the top players in the country, the Goon Squad of Thamel & Forde will put out these BS stories. So we may as well get used to it and ignore them. After all, it is a slow time for college athletics and nothing grabs more attention nationally than Cal & UK basketball.

16. I say
    3:50 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

BTW Adam Zagoria reports that Amile Jefferson will decide next wednesday, which is the last day of the signing period I’m pretty sure.

17. incalwetrust
    3:50 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Thamel Raped in Prison…I told Bubba Pete will never go willingly….was I wrong ..what a Punk…I think he liked it…action photos on request.

18. snoopaloop
    3:59 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

Define “crushes.”

19. Southern Illinois Cat Fan
    4:00 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

That article just made me start liking Gtown a little. Thamel is a tool

20. thespank
    4:03 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

I also don’t always condone violence. I work in law enforcement and have tremendous respect for the law. With that being said If I ever caught an opportunity to get within an arms distance of Thameltoe he would be breathing through a tube for a few months. And incalwetrust, prison rape is no laughing matter but the thought of Thamel getting turned out actually did make me laugh, so well done my friend.

21. bluefan
    4:45 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

#1, I love the links here. When I’m on the computer, I check Facebook to keep up with family and friends and then come here. I find everything I need to know about UK basketball in one place. I appreciate that they gather the pertinent info for me.

22. TheFirstNoel
    5:23 pm May 9, 2012 Permalink

If Thamel is such a big Syracuse fan, I’m wondering why he isn’t looking into how Fab Melo is suspended twice in one season and we aren’t investigating as to how many games they might have knowingly played with an “ineligible player”…VACATE…VACATE…VACATE!