George Stephanopoulos doesn’t know Bill Russell

Like most of America, I followed the coverage of Inauguration 2013 on ABC this morning.  And unlike most of America, George Stephanopoulos, co-anchor of Good Morning America, can’t pick Bill Russell out of the crowd, even when the former Celtic great is wearing a Boston Celtics hat.  Stephanopoulos said, “That’s Morgan Freeman, I think,” when cameras zoomed in on Russell.

That’s bad.

We should get Stephanopoulos to cover UK…

“That’s Jodie Meeks, I think.”

“That’s Matt Jones, I think.”

“That’s John Robic, I think.”

Article written by Drew Franklin

46 Comments for George Stephanopoulos doesn’t know Bill Russell

1. jus sayin
    1:52 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Haha Stephanopoulos is a douche hammer.

2. Hawks
    1:58 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

it’s been three whole posts without the Nerlens alley-oop GIF…is everything ok?

3. dustyblues77
    2:05 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I am in tears laughing about the John Robic doll. Good one!!!

4. L1C4
    2:05 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

That isn’t Matt Jones?

5. Laker Cat 18
    2:08 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Nice hair Matt.

6. Thank God For Liberals
    2:08 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I hope we can watch The Inaguration of Barack Obama 2016. Make it happen Mr.President. He’s the FDR of our generation.

7. DukE #1
    2:10 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

J Parker putting on a show on ESPNU. Scored first 11 points. DukE will go undefeated next season!

8. Go cats
    2:16 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Don’t put God and liberal in the same sentence they don’t go together. You can’t vote against everything God stands for and still be on his side.

9. JBR
    2:21 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Save it for the trailer park #9

10. Go cats
    2:22 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I hate it when people think that God doesn’t pay attention to how they vote. You can say you love God all you want but when your choices in life say otherwise God knows your heart and sees through your motives.

11. Classof68
    2:26 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

That can’t be Matt because I don’t hear any nose wistling, but I’ll swear that’s got to be Robic.

12. Trailer park gospel
    2:28 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I didnt know the interests of God involved protecting the rich at all costs and defending the right to own guns at all costs. Can you find those things for me in the Bible? What about helping the poor, did Jesus say something about that? Maybe I remember incorrectly. But they are all just lazy scumbag freeloaders right? Is that what Jesus said? Oh wait, no, I dont think so. Maybe the interests of liberals and God arent so incongruent, but then again you probably dont know what that word means. GO CATS!

13. ktmiln2
    2:29 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

11. Shut up Meg

14. morgan d
    2:30 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

holy shit go cats i hope you are joking because if you are not you might be one of the most ignorant people on planet earth just because someone is a democrat doesnt mean they cant have faith in god

15. morgan d
    2:31 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

and why is matt so fat in that pic

16. Go cats
    2:31 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I am 30 years old. I have 3 college degrees in physics biology and business. I live a very nice house on 107 acres of land “which are completely paid for” I have two kids age 5 and 1 and both of their colleges are paid for plus my retirement is already set. I am currently working on my masters degree and God has been the one who has blessed me with all I have. And I had no inheritance this didn’t come from parents or handouts it came from God.

17. Mr.Appraiser
    2:35 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Nice work Mr. Franklin. I just laughed outloud sitting in my office

18. Cats
    2:41 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

15. I can tell by your profanity that are true lover of Jesus. It is people like this that give true Christians a bad name.

19. Blew Hare
    2:46 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I am not surprised that the nerd did’t recognize Bill Russell, but obviously he does not know Morgan Freeman either.

20. Thank God For Liberals
    2:47 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

17. When people make lists of things they “have”, those things are usually as real as Manti Teo’s GF.

21. Rich
    2:56 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

“Most” Americans were probably not watching the inauguration, I’d say 50 percent. The other 50 percent were at hard at work so they can pay for the freeloaders who had the time to watch it. Well, at least his voter base got to see it.

22. Seriously?
    3:10 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

So, #22, you are saying that 50% of Americans are freeloaders and the reat are hard at work? Were you at work when you posted this?

23. Rich
    3:24 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Late lunch at Cracker Barrel. Paid for with cash left over after taxes. They don’t take food stamps.

24. Mack
    3:31 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

He was attempting to say that Freeman could play Russell in a movie and just got twisted up.

25. Bulldawg
    3:40 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

@Go cats… humble much?

26. Billy Grant
    3:40 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

==== I do not care that Ashley Judd roots for UK, please advise her not to run for a significant office in our wonderful COMMONWEALTH ……. she would then see what happens to washed up actresses, turned activist, that marry foreigners ………. they prove themselves to be not as popular as THEY THINK THEY ARE …….. you want to be EMBARASSED girl …….. you could be dancing naked on my flag pole in my front yard and I wouldn’t open my drapes ! ====

27. bluristhurr
    3:42 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

#17 No one cares! By the way it’s called you worked for it and didn’t sit around hoping for god/jesus to help you out.

28. Rockfield, KY
    3:51 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

28. Maybe if he just sat around, Obama would have given it to him off the backs of all the working Americans. “Somebody got to held ‘countable fo all dese kids!”

29. mudcreekmark
    4:00 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

That guy looks just like Jodie Meeks in that pic.Who is it?

30. DB11
    4:24 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Pretty sure that’s Matt Jones

31. Billy Grant
    4:26 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

==== I know Morgan Freeman ……. he bumped with Ashley on a couple of movie sets back in the day ……

now, just two washed out liberal activists looking to rekindle the fading flicker of fame ………

C’est la vie !

====

32. Dave
    4:30 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Actually most of the USA was not watching Obama’s immaculate on as they were trying to buy guns and ammo before he tries to take those away too.

33. rick312
    5:21 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I dont know anyone who watched the inauguration. 1459 more days until the next one!

34. kingrex
    5:24 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

It is crucial that everyone realize there is no right and no left politically speaking. It is all an illusion. The office of the President has very little power. This country and hence the world is run by very evil, psychopathic international bankers and companies. What we see is all just for show. If you pay attention our civil liberties have been eroding for about 30 years. This is not an accident and it is not the whims of individual presidents. Wake up. 9/11 was a false flag operation. Wake up.

35. FEA
    5:25 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

The 50% that actually matters to this economy was not watching the socialist today because they were working. Bad news for the other 50% non-working arrogant and ignorant liberals is that those still working will stop working and take their capital elsewhere. That will leave the liberals looking at each other wondering who going to send them their gubment check this month. Seriously…FEA

36. jkylemann
    5:42 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Haha, one if your funnier posts, Drew.

37. Cats in the NBA
    5:45 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

So all hard working conservatives have jobs that do not allow them freedom to check in on the Inauguration? I can believe that.

38. backpack
    5:51 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Bravo, Drew. This is why I come to KSR.

39. HooCanTell
    8:05 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

geesh, every “good” whyte supremacist, including — indeed, especially!! — the vast majority of ALL Kentuckianz, knows fully well that ALL black guys look alike????

40. Marco
    10:24 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

I did not watch the inauguration. Did Obama get his Burger King crown?

41. Scottyb
    10:32 pm January 21, 2013 Permalink

Most Americans werent watching the Inaugration, they were working. Remember that douche.

42. Obummer
    12:01 am January 22, 2013 Permalink

“Most Americans” were not in fact watching the Inauguration. One half of this country has to work so that the other half can sponge off the system, courtesy of Barack Obama who loves to spend other people’s money. Most Americans do not in fact approve of the job Obama is doing as president. Most Americans are instead just hoping that we get past the next 1,461 days until Barack Obama is no longer president and the long and arduous task of repairing the massive and deep damage of Obama’s presidency can be repaired. Most Americans deserve far better than Barack Obama as president.

43. Fireants25
    12:53 am January 22, 2013 Permalink

Thats pretty sad to say the least …Hahaha nice post …Matt should enjoy it

44. Thank Satan for Liberals
    3:43 am January 22, 2013 Permalink

Can’t we please keep God out of our posts?

45. Stickman
    1:04 pm January 22, 2013 Permalink

10.JBR Says:
    January 21st, 2013 at 2:21 pm
    “Save it for the trailer park #9”

You mean #7. #7 is the Obama supporter…