Gator Bait Gameday Links

gator-fans
Jorts called, said you’re doing it wrong

Mychal Bailey and E.J. Fields are game captains for today’s game. Bailey had his first tackle of the season last week against Louisville and also looked impressive returning kicks; Fields was one of the few bright spots on an otherwise sputtering Kentucky offense.

– Well, it looks like Jerry Titpon is now the football beat writer at the Herald-Leader, so here’s a double dose of negativity to go with your morning coffee.

More on the Charlie Weiss/Rick Minter connection, one of the most interesting subplots to today’s game (Minter probably doesn’t send him a Christmas card, OMG!).

– The mustachioed maverick, Alan Cutler, has a good interview with Winston Guy, who says he “doesn’t want to get embarrassed” tonight against Florida. Me neither.

It was a bad night for the Kentucky women’s soccer team, who lost to No. 22 Auburn, 4-1. The gals can get back on track Sunday against Alabama at 2 p.m.

– Good news? Okay. Larry Vaught has an interview with ESPN Recruiting Director Paul Biancardi, who says Archie Goodwin is a perfect fit for the Cats’ system.

We’ll be getting you ready for the Kentucky/Florida game all day, whether you like it or not.

20 Comments for Gator Bait Gameday Links

1. TatesCreek8
    10:18 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

Winston Guy, nice Quote with Cutler, every player I know should have a mind set that they our going to beat their opponet, here is one of our leaders on the football team saying “I just don’t want to get embarrassed tonight”, why even dress out tonight Winston you just told every young player that you are suppossed to lead in to a big game is UK is going to lose. If this is the mind set of our players why don’t you just quit. This is why Joker should be fired, he does not get his players ready to play. Coach Cal would sit that players ass if a basketball player said that.

2. Jimmy Buffett
    10:20 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

It takes a LOT of effort (or beer) for fans to look like that.

3. crackerhillbilly
    10:20 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

Was walking through the Louisville airport last night and a guy in UF gear came by. I told him I hoped the mercy rule would be in effect Saturday night. He responded with a smile and said “Your coach’s name says it all.” Afraid I have to agree with him.

4. TatesCreek8
    10:47 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

I usally watch every UK football game but after that quote from Winston I am going to go see Moneyball at the movies tonight, wait till LSU and South Carolina if I was you I would fake a injury tonight so you don’t have to be a part of those two beat downs your going to take. I’m sorry but I just can’t root for a team that already believes they don’t have a chance. FIRE JOKERS ASS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That quote says it all……

5. john4uk
    10:51 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

With Tipton doing football,he will be in his element..In fact he will probably gain a following as the head cheerleader for the negative crowd that follows (?) UK football.

6. Some Guy in Kentucky
    10:51 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

I hope that Newton decides to run the plays that are called by the coaches, instead of him deciding that he will call plays for him to run it himself. If they had not ran off Moss they could pull him for that.

7. boozer93
    10:55 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

Keith Stone…where you at?

8. TampaCat
    11:12 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

I’m afreaid it’s going to be a loooooooooog day for our CATS…….

9. TampaCat
    11:13 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

^^^ afraid ……..I was so scared I was shaking! lol

10. 1st Down Kentucky
    11:14 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

Gator Jorts?

11. Kernel Sanders
    11:31 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

Hate to say this, but if we were somehow able to mindread every UK player since about 1984, or since maybe the 5th or 6th consecutive loss to either FL or UT, they would have told you the same thing… “we just hope to keep it close”. I doubt seriously any player in the Curry era (starting in 1990 with a 47-15 loss to FL, a 73-7 loss in ’94, 42-7 in ’95, 65-0 in ’96, 55-28 in ’97), the Mumme era, the Morriss era, etc. really were convinced that UK could beat FL. Yes, UK has to get rid of this mindset, but acting like it just started with the tenure of this staff is delusional. For 25+ years, with the exception of a couple years, I’m thinking no UK team in its entirety has believed it could beat FL. Admit all you guys beating up on this staff and team… you don’t believe it either and if you’re tuning in tonight, you know you are just looking for respectability.

12. Woodsworth
    11:34 am September 24, 2011 Permalink

I will watch the game. I will change the channel more than once, but I will always turn it back. Let’s go CATS. Get pumped. Leave it on the field. I may not be happy with how things are going, but I will still cheer.

13. CAUKFAN
    12:01 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

Put some more pictures up of female Florida fans please. It eases the anxiety.

14. kybigblue
    12:01 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

The pt. spread for today’s game is way to low compared to what UK has done (not done) the last three years unless you think this year’s team is better than it has been for the last three years

15. mike
    12:16 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

Is there anyone out there that doesn’t think Choker is in totally over his head as HC? Can you believe he said they were going to have to possible scale back and simplify their offense. The man is totally CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Hoss
    12:52 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

1st tackle of the season comes in game 3, and THAT dude is named captain?

Holy Shitsnacks we suck.

17. Communist
    1:10 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

I didn’t think people with Down’s Syndrome should drink alcohol.

18. blitzedanddazed
    1:16 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

Larry Vaught is a master of restating the obvious. The guy would not even have a job at Danville newspaper if wasn’t for his Daddy. When Vaught thinks he needs some personal attention it is not below him to write lies about someone,just ask Patrick Pattterson. I am disappointed that KSR even cross references this piece of trash.

19. Coyote Hunter
    1:17 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

Good Lord…I’d shoot both of those things if I saw them in the woods….a red headed mullet? Really? Plus drinking Natty light….

20. barn
    4:48 pm September 24, 2011 Permalink

hey, natty’s are top shelf