Remember last time we beat North Carolina? Good times, good times.
Good evening. And what a glorious evening it is. A night of solid basketball has prepared us for the gem of the regular season – Kentucky versus North Carolina. Tickets for this game have been sparse since they became available. The level of talent is beyond belief. America is watching, waiting. I can’t wait, and I’m sure you can’t either. It’s only early December, but screw it…I want my Christmas gift now. And that gift is a #BEATEMDOWN on UNC, courtesy of the Wildcats. In no way am I predicting a beat down, but here’s to hoping we all get what we want this year. But if not, it’s merely a stepping stone in what will still be a fantastic season.
On to the day’s news…
– North Carolina owns the all-time series against UK, 22-12. WTF. I cannot and will not stand for this. We split last year’s matchups, but let’s go ahead and chip away at their lead tomorrow afternoon. Rasheed Wallace is in town. Let’s make his trip worthwhile and send his alma mater home with an L.
– Doron Lamb told the media that UK is the better team and will win the game. Represent. You know you guys were all thinking it. (PLEASE don’t use this as corkboard material, Tarheels!). “I think we’re more talented offensively and defensively.”
– So many pro scouts and NBA representatives are in Lexington, folks. It’s crazy. So crazy, in fact, that Lakers owner Jerry Buss’ son, Jesse, was arrested in Lexington last night for alcohol intoxication. I think we all know who is to blame for this (…coughDrewFranklincough). That’s what they get for cutting Joe Crawford way back when…
– Coach Cal said tomorrow “isn’t a must win game.” He’s absolutely right, but we are still allowed to freak out and act like the world is ending if we lose. It’s the UK fan way.
– How pumped are you to get your foam three goggles in the student section tomorrow?! What? You’re not going? …Me either…
– Want to enjoy your pregame breakfast with a couple Wildcat greats? Look no further…Ron Mercer and Walter McCarty will be at the Dunkin Donuts on at 333 East Main Street to meet and greet with Kentucky fans from 9:30 a.m to 11 a.m. Derek Anderson is also in town, so maybe he will make a surprise appearance with his old buddies. DA is a screenwriter and producer now…who knew?
– In football news, Steve Brown will not return to the team. No word yet on whether his mustache will return. Rumors are that the ‘stache actually resides on Anthony Davis’ forehead now. This move has been desired and expected for some time now. When Minter hit town, it was inevitable. Good luck wherever your path leads, Steve.
– Florida did not represent the SEC with a win today. Instead, UF lost to Syracuse 72-68, giving the Big East the 6-2 lead in the BE/SEC Challenge. Thanks a lot, Gators. But you still covered thanks to a last second Walker three, so I ain’t mad atcha’.
– The SEC took another loss, moving the challenge record to 6-2 in favor of the Big East after UL and Seton Hall wins to go along with Syracuse. Louisville made a late come back and beat Vandy by 1 in OT thanks to a Peyton Siva layup with 1.3 seconds left.
– What happened to Washington? They were supposed to be very good this year but have fallen off the map. TJ made the right decision, but we knew that.
edit: Rick Pitino just predicted Vandy goes to the Final Four. No, seriously. He actually said that. O_0
That’s it for today folks. GET PUMPED. Tomorrow is going to be awesome. Tarheels vs. Wildcats. NBA players vs. NBA players. Polson vs. Beiber. What more can you ask for? Lexington is THE place to be tomorrow. And with that, I bid you adieu. Flip on your #SEXNetwork coverage. Dream of victory. Once you finish your beer/bourbon, that is. Allow this video to give you happy thoughts.