Friday Night Lights To Be Rerun On ESPN/ESPN Classic

large_fnl-underdog2

If you don’t know me personally you may not know this, but I am a huge fan of the TV show Friday Night Lights.  FNL is one of the few sports dramas that actually delivers on both sides of the coin.  If you love sports, you will enjoy the show, but you don’t have to love them to like it.  In fact, it’s that accessibility that makes it a great show to watch with those loved ones in your life that don’t care about sports at all (and to honest, in my experience they usually end up getting a little more interested in football the next season.)

Sadly the show never got the right treatment from NBC and was never able to thrive the way a show of that quality should.  Still, perhaps a five season run was best in the long run.  Anything more and they would likely run out of plot lines and it’s always best to quit while you’re ahead.  But the good news is that starting last night, ESPN is running the series in its entirety.  It begins on the main channel before hitting up a season 1 marathon this weekend on ESPN Classic.  After that it will become a weekly feature on ESPN Classic, Thursday nights at 9/10pm eastern.  If you haven’t experienced the charm of Dillon, Texas, now is the perfect time to start.

Clear eyes, full hearts.

Article written by Will Lentz

20 Comments for Friday Night Lights To Be Rerun On ESPN/ESPN Classic

1. Newton for Heisman
    8:16 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

can’t lose

2. AllYearCat
    8:18 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

…can’t lose

3. David19
    8:48 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

‘ … can’t lose!”

4. big tim
    8:59 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

dont understand why there taking this show off tv. its one of the best on nbc

5. Bballdoc
    9:35 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

This show is really, really good. Watch a couple of episodes and you’ll be hooked. It’s about football, sure. But no episode has more than 5 to 10 minutes of on-the-field football. It’s about life that goes on around the game. The best show on network TV.

6. Runnin1footer
    9:37 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

One of my favorite shows of ALL TIME!!! Great series from start to finish!!! “TEXAS FOREVER”

7. G$
    9:44 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

love this show

8. Old Henry Man
    10:07 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

I agree #5, the show had me hooked. By far the best show on TV.
    I wonder how it will end. Go East Dillon Lions

9. Yesterdays
    10:57 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

I wish this show would keep rolling. They’ve managed all the characters aging/graduating real well. My wife hates football and this is the ONLY show that we both watch. Sad to see it go. Definitely miss Lyla.

10. zac
    11:04 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

I loved this show. So much that I watched it online as it aired on DirectTV (I think). I think the best seasons were the before the West school, but the series as a whole ended incredibly well. Best TV series I’ve ever seen, start to finish.

11. dustyblues
    11:29 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

GREAT SHOW!!!! I will be sad Friday.. The good thing it is an hour and a half show..I think the relationship between coach and his wife was the cornerstone of the show. I will miss Buddy Garity pushing Coach into something. He was definitely a character..One great thing this show did that made it special was the wonderful character development… Too bad it is ending

12. MadCatter
    11:41 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

4,5,6,7,8,9,10 – AGREED. Yet they continue to show that “reality” garbage.

13. MadCatter
    11:41 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 – AGREED. Yet they continue to show that “reality” garbage.

14. fuzz
    11:43 pm July 13, 2011 Permalink

Best Show Ever Period! I actually have a friend that hates to watch any TV, I got him hooked and he said its the best show he’s ever watched. If you knew him, thats saying something. BTW, he’s a die hard farmer and doesn’t even watch sports! Its that damn good.

15. catscatscats
    8:45 am July 14, 2011 Permalink

MY foavorite show of all time and like everyone says best show ever I am really mad upset and sad that they are taking the show off the air this show could run for a lot more seasons and why they are doing this i just dont understand. DUMB MOVE

16. Aaron Cordero
    9:15 am July 14, 2011 Permalink

I own all 5 seasons and have watched every episode. My all time favorite show. Smash baby!

17. Mags Bennett
    10:41 am July 14, 2011 Permalink

Ditto to everyone above. The show is fantastic. It lost it’s way a little bit in Season 2 with the Landry/Tyra stuff, but got right back on track in Season 3. Sd to see it go, but happy to see it start back at episode 1 on ESPN.

18. Rickybobbybozewoman
    12:40 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

Incredibly well acted with unforgettable characters will be missed

19. Suzie Q
    1:10 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

This is an outstanding show! I do not understand football (nor did I have to as #5 above states) at all, but am absolutely amazed how this show depicts real life – and it is NOT a reality show. It is great to watch a program and enjoy watching it because the writers also did not take any story line too far. This program will truly be missed in my home.

20. 1fan
    6:58 pm July 14, 2011 Permalink

coach moves to east coast….