Four-star offensive lineman to visit June 11

Marcelys-Jones

The nation’s 12th-ranked offensive guard will be in Lexington on June 11 when Marcelys Jones visits the University of Kentucky. Jones, out of Cleveland, Oh., committed to Ohio State in December, but the Kentucky staff hopes to flip him to the blue side. He has expressed interest in Kentucky recently and loves the idea of playing in the SEC.

Look out, Urban Meyer.

“Kentucky Football: Establishing dominance in Ohio, one recruit at a time.”

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Four-star offensive lineman to visit June 11

1. White Castle Sliders
    12:40 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

UL fans have apparently went onto wikipedia and adjusted the brackets of all the years UK won national titles. Idiots

2. Drew
    12:46 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

I’m an insider on OSU’s 247Sports website (besides being a UK BBALL fan…which makes me unpopular). He was just interviewed by a staff member and said this rumor is false.

So there’s that.

3. bigbluejon
    12:47 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

Man that’s a GAK (Grown @$$ Kid)

4. daddy
    12:52 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

What is his twitter account name?

5. Yesterday's
    12:55 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

No disrespect, but how can you be a fan who follows osu football and UK bball. I just find it odd that you can root for two schools enough to monitor boards. I like notre dame football, but it’s more o a casual interest. Again, no disrespect, more curiousity.

6. Rumor Ho
    1:00 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

More like part of the group of high school teammates that will make a stop at UK to camp? One of many stops/camps for the Tarblooder teammates. KSR says “visit” and wants to generate more buzz/hits, regardless of whether the kid wishes for it not to be characterized that way. Tarblooders scheduled to stop at many campuses like they do every Summer, contrast that with a “visit for a kid”.

7. ukfaninohio
    1:19 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

I never understood how you can like two teams and i know a lot of people here in ohio who do the same.Funny thing is they always like the school at the sport there best at.Ive never in my life and i doubt anyone in the world exists who likes kentucky football and ohio st in basketball.Fans like rooting for the winners i guess and to each his own but to me true blue means something and if you do this no way can you say that you are true blue.GO CATS!

8. I Say
    1:24 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

7 Being a UK fan who is from Kentucky would make you True Blue. Not someone who jumped on the bandwagon. I hope you were born in Kentucky and moved to Ohio with all this preaching you are doing.

9. ukfaninohio
    1:29 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

There are uk fans all around the world that might even be why they call it the bbn?I was born and raised in ohio my dad is from kentucky and taught me early on the right way.One difference though is that living in ohio i have come to hate the buckeyes probably more than louisville.Maybe that takes away some of my true blue??

10. BuckeyeFromTheBluegrass
    1:30 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

This article is about as much of a joke as UK’s hopes of a winning record this season or next.

11. Drew
    1:30 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

5 & 7 – My roots go back to Maysville Kentucky. My father grew up a huge Cats basketball fan because of his roots, but never cared as much for football. After moving overseas and returning he lived in Cincy. There one of his friends went onto play for OSU and he started pulling for OSU football. He married in my mom’s family, who are huge OSU football fans too. I was raised to root for OSU football and UK basketball because of that. Never jumped on a bandwagon.

I still like to see the others programs no well (UK Football/OSU Basketball). So I don’t pass that news onto be a jerk.

12. Rockfield, KY
    1:34 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

Funny how you don’t ever see anyone who is a OHSt basketball fan or Alabama Basketball fan and a UK football fan. I guess those programs don’t have bandwagons.

13. Oops
    1:40 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

#2 They must be trying to keep this on the DL. It is on twitter that he is visiting or someone in the know has some very wrong info. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. BTW, his twitter account is locked.

14. big O
    2:44 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

Should be a rule or at least some common ground between coaches that when a kid commits to a school other schools should back off. Don’t like seeing coaches go after a kids after he has already pledged for another school. As a friend used to say, “just ain’t right.”

15. bigD
    8:21 pm May 30, 2013 Permalink

Big O – coaches can’t recruit if recruit’s don’t listen…… Maybe that’s your issue here. Scared that the commitment won’t hold? Whether it be UK or someone else.