Every college football coaching staff has its own recruiting tactics. Some are unique, some are illegal, and some use up a lot of stamps, but nothing compares to the University of Florida’s new photoshop approach on social media. It’s like Will Muschamp got a Macbook for Christmas and told his whole staff about a new program that alters photos, like Adobe Photoshop is some brand new technology.

It’s unbelievable, guys! Look! I put Harry Potter in the Swamp with our quarterbacks!”

Joker Phillips actually started the awful image trend at Florida with his #ComePlayForTheJoker theme for potential wide receivers. Now, offensive coordinator Brent Pease is on board and tweeting similar embarrassing garbage.

Somewhere, Nick Saban is laughing. And polishing his rings.

Article written by Drew Franklin

32 Comments for For the love of Tim Tebow, someone please remove Adobe Photoshop from the Florida football offices

1. Wildcat Will
    12:06 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Because Harry Potter is all the rage with 4 and 5 star kids….

2. Monty What's His Name
    12:07 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

And they wonder why they got smoked by pew of L. Stay hot guys….

3. Chaz
    12:10 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Wow!!!!! how can I get permission to link this to Myspace? I want to impress my friends.

4. Roland
    12:13 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Who would ever thought the the Gator football program would have to go the gimmick route to get recruits?

5. Josh Smith
    12:15 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

What an embarrassment to Florida football!

6. Bulldawg
    12:18 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

wow. that is turrible

7. But....
    12:19 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

And the Gators had the 4th ranked class last year and are currently ranked 3rd for the 2014 class. Maybe in spite of these tactics, but the results are what they are.

8. Bulldawg
    12:19 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

looks like the dude in the background is peeing on the field…

9. More Precise Please
    12:19 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

I guess they are referring to Alabama football when they say “chasing the standard?”

10. But....
    12:20 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

#7 ^ according to Rivals

11. Roland
    12:20 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

The results Maybe INSPITE of these tactics.

12. Michael F. Jox
    12:22 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

I know we’re all really excited about the improved recruiting, but seriously, you’re making fun of Florida’s recruiting? I think they’re doing just fine, and have been. Also, might not wanna make fun of their photoshop skills, I’ve seen yours.

13. snarkster
    12:22 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Next poster: Come play Quidditch for the Joker! What’s next? Twilight?

14. Roland
    12:23 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

7, you already said my last comment, but it should echo.

15. Graphic Designer
    12:28 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

As a graphic designer and art director I want to vomit on my desk. I’ll send Joker the bill for a new keyboard.

Someone found the button for Outer Glow! Wait until they find Lens Flare!

16. jetblue
    12:30 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Is this real life?

17. Adobe.com
    12:31 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

confidential eMail to University of Florida media department

You have violated the terms of your license agreement for the use of our software. Losing the Sugar Bowl to a Big East team didn’t help, by the way.

18. football school
    12:31 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

We have to end the losing streak this year after this crap! How embarrassing it would be to get beat by Harry Potter wannabees. Go Big Blue

19. rb
    12:41 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

This stuff can’t be appealing to recruits.

20. nybrasky
    12:48 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

There’s definitely a social media intern with mediocre photoshop skills behind all this. The coaching staff thinking it’s cool is beyond me though.

21. TJ
    1:31 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Pretty sure they did not get permission to use that image. Dorks.

22. All time low
    1:37 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Wow uf football has hit an all time low. Between these absolutely horrible photo shops. I mean come on the people that liked Harry pooter all grew up and even kids now don’t read Harry pooter and then losing to u of hell. Sorry to say uf fans but your football program is taking a serious nose dive even urban liar didnt want to coach there.

23. frickenbocker
    1:38 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

that’s so juvenile, it’s got gog8tors written all over it.

24. Fitch Slap
    1:47 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Florida has a quidditch team?

25. STEVE!
    2:02 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

I hope I’m wrong, but I have a feeling we won’t be making fun of Florida’s recruiting after September 28th.

26. Reality
    2:18 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

#25 regardless of what happens in sept. we are all still gonna laugh. Win or lose Florida has metaphorically speaking $hit their pants. It’s like if there was a bully in school and he shat his pants everyone is gonna laugh at them even the kids he has bullied. So yes, with what fla did in the sugar bowl and this marketing crap. We can ALL laugh.

27. KSR1080Fan
    2:55 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Photoshop? Heck… looks like someone with PaintShop Pro 6.0

28. jake
    2:55 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

i mean this may work on elementary kids. well done

29. But....
    3:12 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

#26 First off, I am a UK fan. But seriously, as I noted in post #7 above, FL had the 4th ranked recruiting class last year (Rivals) and currently has the 3rd ranked class. So tell me again what we are laughing at? I think a FL fan laughs harder at our 40-0 drubbing by Vandy last year than we laugh at photoshopped pics. You decide what you’d rather laugh at…I’d as soon have Stoops wear a wig and a dress and recruit if that means he can pull in the 3rd ranked class nationally vs. 14th ranked SEC class.

30. Reality
    4:53 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

#29 Yea cool story bro. But when that #3 ranked recruiting class can’t beat a FU(KING big least team it don’t mean spit. Only a matter of time before recruits notice that will “fat [email protected]” muschanp can’t coach. They are on the fall not rise. Won’t be surprised if we beat them in the next 2 years!!

31. But....
    5:07 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

#30 Not a story, just facts. Also, I’m not your bro, don’t think we’ve met. I don’t want to dis what Stoops is ATTEMPTING to do, but you are clueless if you think UK is going to beat FL this year coming off our 2-10 season with some good recruits that still won’t be ready for the SEC yet, and we’re sure not going to beat them at BHG stadium in Gainesville next year. You can laugh at their recruiting tactics, but would you not agree that you’d be perfectly fine if Stoops did it if the result was #3 and #4 NATIONALLY ranked class 2 years in a row? I understand that the Gators didn’t show up vs. UofL in the Sugar Bowl, kinda like UK didn’t show against Robert Morris in the NIT because neither team wanted to play an inferior opponent. Laugh all you want, bro, but as someone above said, there will be no laughter at Commonwealth in September.

32. Can't we all just get along
    10:25 pm April 24, 2013 Permalink

Ok, enough banter. UF’s recruiting success is much more in part to their history of winning, NOT the these um… I don’t know what to call them… miserable attempts at social media recruiting??? That being said people the obvious point of this comment section is to laugh point and make fun. Get with the program…