Football Jersey Combos: Which do you want to see?

FootballJerseyCombos

With the gray jerseys getting leaked yesterday, seemingly all the options for the football team’s garb are now officially on the table.  There might be a few surprises, but for now it looks like these four options are what we got.

So, which do you like best?  Any combinations you’d like to see?  Personally, I think a blue top/white bottom would be pretty crisp.  Or any matching of blue/gray.  Plus, throw in that sleek matte black helmet from Matt Elam’s pitcha, and you’ve got a lot of new options.  And I’d be lying if I said that an all black look would be freaking sweet.  Especially if Commonwealth blasts Back in Black at any point during the game.  That alone would be worth the price of admission.

Feels like we’re playing with dolls and outfits, but it’s football, so it’s totally fine.  I promise.

Article written by Corey Nichols

52 Comments for Football Jersey Combos: Which do you want to see?

1. My thought
    1:04 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

I think the black helmet with the black uni and the black helmet with the white uni would look awesome. Blue helmet with the grey uni would be good too.

2. Tyler
    1:08 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Black helments, black jersey, blue pants would be awesome. Not an incredible huge fan of the gray, but it’s a nice road alternate to the white. It’d be cool if UK had a throwback uniform with just the K on the helment.

3. ....
    1:10 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Corey change your statement in bold. Right now it reads as if you don’t want the all black look, even though I knew what you meant.

4. sigh
    1:20 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Y U No Write Good?

5. Adam
    1:22 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

I think blue helmet, white jersey and black pants would look cool for road games! I also love the grey uni’s. this team has a lot of youth and I think all the combinations give us a youthful look.

6. schwing
    1:23 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

blue. white. why is this so difficult to understand?

7. jrhop
    1:23 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

3 is right. Also come on man why would we play back in black, we’re trying to get away from being the lame program remember. Maybe All Black Everything? http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/_ikADq0gPeo/hqdefault.jpg

8. UKBlue
    1:28 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

All of them

9. My Opinion
    1:28 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

I just hope they stop with the all blue look – always looked better with white pants…mix what they want but I really like the blue helmet – in the sun it looks great…If they want a new helmet they should have tried the power K…my opinion coordinating colors not all one…and honestly the checkered thing is getting old – along with the lines by the collar (what are those)

10. yitbos
    1:29 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

I’m more of a fan of the blue and white, but I don’t mind the grey…all black…I can do without. I can’t stand that black helmet though, but..I don’t have to wear it.

11. Biglaw Dawgin'
    1:31 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

“wouldn’t” look freaking sweet, Corey, “wouldn’t.” Right now, you are not lying.

12. GMax
    1:34 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

I like the addition of gray and black…all blue uniforms have become a little boring and really like just the K on the helmet or even a Wildcat head, another throwback.

13. BBN
    1:36 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Blue Jersey Black Pants Black Helmet
    Black Jersey Black Pants Blue Helmet
    Black Jersey Black Pants White Helmet
    All Blue
    no gray ever… just out of the question

14. k2da
    1:40 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

All black everything.
    With cat eyes.
    On front.

15. William Onswald
    1:41 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

The whole notion of black outfits is stupid, Cory. And you should learn how to spell your name correctly.

16. AboveAverageJoe

10. White gray white

17. Drew
    1:52 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Blue helmet/ Blue jersey/ Gray pants

18. Go Cats
    1:56 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

If they wear the black jersey often I hope it is blue helmet, black jersey, blue pants…grey I am not feeling but just because it is an ugly flat grey – didn’t like those basketball unis either – wrong grey

19. RandyB
    1:59 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

The way the choices were pictured I couldn’t help by equate it
    to the (very) old Katie Keene comic books for girls when differenr
    fashions were shown with little tabs on them so you could change clothes
    on their Katy Keene doll. I remember that because my little sister designed an outfit, and it was published.

As to the 4 basic footbal uniforms, I think Katy Keene would offer them all with the attached tabs so fans could dress their ZaDarius doll however they like.

20. Elmer Skaggs
    2:01 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

You can dress them in Martha Stuart uniforms, there record is still gonna be 1-10 or 2-10

21. MyManBlu
    2:04 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

This season should be in all black and blue.

22. I shoot 4s
    2:06 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Black unis with blue helmets are best

23. Shoot
    2:07 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Too bad – I was hoping for a complete overhaul of the uniforms…a fresh start with new uniforms

24. Bobcat
    2:21 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Blue grey blue

25. JohnW
    2:24 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Talking about HOT wear those black uniforms during those 12 noon Kick offs….

26. Putin
    2:24 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

HOME: Blue Jerseys, White Pants, White Helmet, and Black Shoulder Pads
    AWAY: White Jerseys, Blue Pants, Blue Helmets, and Gray Shoulder Pads
    This is all the black or gray we need, and does away with the all-blue “Smurf” look.

27. ibrunswick
    2:25 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

To revisit an old phrase from the denim basketball uniform days, “it’s not the pants, it’s what’s in ’em”.

28. Football manager
    2:28 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Corey thanks for not giving proper credit to my pic.
    FYI, we’ve not received any new helmets yet, the 1 that’s been tweeted is just a prototype for now. Also, the only opinions that really matter are the recruits/commits/players as they will be who change the program around.

29. Love the gray
    2:41 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Road: white or blue helmets, white tops, gray pants

30. Ashland
    2:46 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Blue helmet, grey jersey, blue pants. Nasty.

31. adrian
    2:49 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

You know what the only thing that will look good is? WINNING

32. Cats
    2:51 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Someone please answer this question… Are they allowed to wear the grey uniforms away or only home??? If they can wear them away then I’m all for the change. Home needs to be BLUE with white pants

33. eagle6293
    3:01 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky colors are blue and white. No, black or gray.

34. MadTex
    3:51 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Blue and white BABY!!!!! Unfortunately there will be a lot of red on them after having their arses handed to them this season………

35. rainingblood
    4:02 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

All black #rainingblood

36. DREWBLUE
    4:29 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Silver pants with blue or white jersey all the time.

37. snarkster
    4:52 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

I think the Blue Helmets, Gray Jersey and Blue Pants would look sweet, but just on a limited basis

38. kyguy54
    5:03 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

oh boo hoo, the old ppl don’t like black uniforms, cry, cry, cry. Fact is, its not about what the old FANS like. It’s about what the young PLAYERS like. If that’s part of what brings a 4 or 5 star player here then they can wear pink tie dye uniforms every week.

39. RahRah
    5:03 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Don’t like the black at all. My heart says stick with blue & white.

40. Larry Moore
    5:22 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

I would like to see just the K back on the helmet.

41. Memphis Raines
    5:57 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

gray pants and black matte helmet with any top would be tight…

think about a road game coming out with gray bottoms white top and black helmet.. love the new unis

if in a couple years we end up with a pro-combat jersey by NIKE that would be incredibly awesome

42. RandyB
    6:19 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Just watched the replay of the UK-UT games in 2011.
    They wore the black uniforms, which I like, but that tape
    is another indictment of wearing white helmets with black unis.
    really looks uncoordinated. Didn’t they have an alternate black helmet somewhere 2 years ago?

CWKYT (5 ON TW) IN lEX RE-BROADCASTING THE 2009 UK-UL GAME AT 8 TONIGHT.
    IN CASE YOU FORGOT, UK WON 31-27

43. Big Blue Canoe
    7:15 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Just as long as you all understand your opinions do not matter. It’s all about the players and recruiting!!!! That’s all!

44. Oh yeah
    7:53 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Alabama is having a very difficult time with recruiting because their uniforms are so bland and they only have 2 combinations. It’s freaking football! Not a fashion show. The “kids” “like” winning football, not how many different uniforms they can wear. Notice that, outside Oregon, normally the best teams aren’t really worried about uniforms—Bama, LSU, Florida, etc.

45. JP
    8:27 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

I’m with 38. It doesn’t matter what we like it’s what the young 4 and 5 star players like, I mean hell Oregon has 240 jersey combinations with all kinds of crazy colors when they are green and yellow (i.e. black, grey, silver, white and a throwback uniform)and they get some pretty big time talent. Me personally my favorites are white helmet, black jersey, white pants and blue helmet, black jersey, blue pants. These are the combos i usually use for the home jersey on NCAA 14.

46. Keep Calm and Pack Commonwealth
    9:20 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

All of you are right older fans, our colors are blue and white. So that means put on your blue and white and stand up and cheer and support the team. Even if they wear black or gray or they play rap music in Commonwealth. You want to land 4 and 5 stars? Support the team. Agree or disagree it doesn’t matter. Show up, be loud, stay the whole game(even when it’s cold), and have fun. Or give me your tickets. That being said, I love that matte helmet from the picture yesterday.

47. CatOnRockyTop
    9:32 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

I don’t care if they wear pink if they are winning games.

48. Big Blue Canoe
    11:30 pm July 21, 2013 Permalink

Well Kentucky football is not exactly Alabama football now is it. We have always been at the bottom. I have no problems trying whatever it may take to get us in the upper echelon. If it was basketball then you may have an argument. I’m with 47 and just want to win baby!!!!

49. Hollahollaholla
    10:14 am July 22, 2013 Permalink

GRAY IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANTED THIS FOR YEARS

50. CatsCatsCats
    1:32 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Blue helmet, black top, blue pants.

51. Batman502
    7:16 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

They should run with the all whites blue helmet every daytime game home n away, bring the greys out one night for sure. never black….please…they really are wierd looking, maybe if we had an oct. 31st night game….but away night game blue pants white jersey blue helmet,home night games besides the night they bring the greys out should be blue helmet blue jersey white pants and high blue socks….and every game everyone wears KY blue cleats with white laces. Maybe do the high blue socks with the day game uniforms I suggested a cpl times

52. Batman502
    7:24 pm July 22, 2013 Permalink

Really though to me the blue helmet goes pretty hard. Prolly the sharpest helmet we’ve had deep ky blue but shines, no stripes just that UK. They are solid