Florida Post-game show w/ Matt Jones on WLAP 630

Ouch. The Cats just got shut-out so it’s time to call in and talk about it. Join Matt Jones on 630 WLAP AM and WHAS 840 for the post-game show, starting around 4:30 p.m. Matt will be talking in detail about the game as well as taking calls from the fans. Listen on your radio or check it out online following the link below.

Listen Live on WLAP.com

Can’t listen on I heart no sound on 620 for last 40 minutes

3. Ares
    4:27 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

630 iheart won’t work. 840 is political show

4. t
    4:28 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Do they take Rush off for Matt’s postgame?

5. STeve
    4:29 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

630 vOlume on Iheart is really low

6. Linda Taylor
    4:29 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Matt’s show hasn’t started yet, give it time

7. Takethoseonionsoffmysliders
    4:29 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Why listen and ruin your Saturday?

8. oh my
    4:33 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

No offense to your show (its always entertaining), but I have no interest in thinking about this game or hearing about this team again, until my trip to Columbia, MO for my guys annual road game trip. I’ll spend my time working on my alcohol tolerance, because I’m sure I’ll need it there.

9. sam
    4:38 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Uh why listen to somebody who doesn’t know football at all on a post game show

10. hugh jorgan
    4:39 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

if joker had max today we’d have won going away

11. Linda Taylor
    4:40 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

10 – At least we would have been better and wouldn’t have just thrown it down the toilet.

12. JayCee
    4:40 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Bobby P looking better all the time.

13. Linda Taylor
    4:42 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

If Newton wasn’t throwing it in the dirt, he was overthrowing it, throwing it way over receivers heads or throwing interceptions. WORST QB performance I have ever seen.

14. B-Rabbit
    4:43 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

I’m on the record, bring on Bobby Petrino.

15. catGrad7072
    4:43 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

I think UF was without 3 or 4 starters. That’s why they didn’t hit 50. Dismal, just dismal.

16. Dumfounded Blue Fan
    4:44 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

What is the call in number? Can’t pick it up Matt is speaking too fast

17. B-Rabbit
    4:44 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Bring in Bobby P. and let him develop Towles before he ends up being “developed” like Newton

18. JayCee
    4:44 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

15- including their starting QB.

19. B-Rabbit
    4:45 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Fan Outfitters is giving UK a token 10% off monday since we didnt score. #TeamSmallVictories

20. Blueberry
    4:46 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

The UK Football program can raise money for the renovation by having a Joker Phillips Dunking Booth…$2 per ball….sure we would have thousands lines up

21. Isaac in Long Beach
    4:46 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

We can never get lucky on a QB because none of them get the experience they need to be solid. Our school is where blue chip quarterbacks go to die.

22. Tucker Max
    4:48 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Hey boyfriend, be over for that hummer later.

23. Blueswade
    4:51 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

I used to be mad and frustrated…
    now I just don’t care.

Me and my family used to have
    8 season tix….this year we’ve gone down to 2…..
    next year we will probably just quit going all together.

24. catGrad7072
    4:51 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

The players deserve better. MN is not a great QB but Joker put him in the ultimate no-win situation.

The best solution is for Mitch to announce immediately that he has reached an agreement with CJP and Joker has agreed to step down at season’s end.
    That might draw few fans for the rest of the season and help out the stadium vendors.

25. omegastu
    4:51 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

I think someone told Morgan newton that he feet were his enemy. He kept throwing balls at feet!

26. Linda Taylor
    4:55 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Why are UL fans calling in to a UK postgame show. Get a life!

27. JayCee
    4:56 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

When UL starts supporting Joker, that’s your first clue. Your second clue is the fear in their voices when the name “Petrino” is mentioned in conjunction with UK.

28. smh
    4:56 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

ugh. buy a golf ball marker for two grand and get 4 bbm tickets for free. makes me sick.

29. Isaac in Long Beach
    4:59 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Every single Saturday it’s the same sick feeling in my stomach. This sucks.

30. Rixter
    4:59 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Kragthorpe was my favorite coach of all time. I think he got a raw deal.

31. robuk
    5:01 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

I think Newton is the footstabber…

32. Rixter
    5:02 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

You’re exactly right, JayCee.. I wonder what it sounds like when a group of people collectively crap their pants? That’s what we’ll hear if UK hires Petrino.

33. robuk
    5:03 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Matt….morgan newton cannot throw, that’s why joker ran the ball.

34. Ears baker
    5:05 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Matt, I agree with your theory on hiring a new coach but I would be open to Fulmer. His avg record at Tenn was 9-3. If he can avg 9 wins at tenn I think he can avg 6-7 at uk. Which is as much as we can ask for.

35. markp
    5:08 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

If UK is serious about becoming a winning football team, Bobby Petrino is the choice. It would be like when we hired Cal, a weird noice coming from Louisville could be heard all over the state of KY. It would be their sphincter tightening because they know it means we would be serious about winning football, owning the state again, and be very competitive in the SEC.

36. markp
    5:10 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Phil Fulmer, I am going to the toilet and throwing up. 34 that is a loser’s mentality. Matt is a basketball fan and his words in football should be ignored. It’s loser talk, period.

Fulmer, Tressel, Davis are guys who won at power schools. They can’t do it here. Get serious.

37. Rixter
    5:11 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

The collective shatting of the Cardinal pants

38. Ears baker
    5:17 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

36. If avg 6-7 wins per yr is a losers mentality than our fan base will be the happiest set of losers you’ll ever see. And I’m not saying he’s the right choice but he’s not in the same category as nutt, terry bowden and tuberville. he should be considered. Who would suggest? Pete Carroll? nick saban? Vince Lombardi ?

39. Next Coach
    5:20 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

June Jones. High octane offense and no major background red flags.

40. sec
    5:20 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Matt not trying to be they guy but we’ve won the sec twice.

41. Rixter
    5:21 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Guys like Petrino and Tressel KNOW they have ONE shot left. They can’t blow their last shot… they need us as bad as we need them. Plus, the contract has to be full of stipulations that if you embarrass the school, you get ZERO, if you leave early, you owe us THIS MUCH……

It could work with either guy

42. Rixter
    5:22 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

I’m 53… we havent won it in my lifetime

43. B-Rabbit
    5:23 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Wayne was a Louisville caller too. He calls in to the Underdogs like EVERY day.

44. jackson
    5:27 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

so…joker says whitlow didn’t play because he didn’t get any snaps in practice….sanders says newton played poorly because whitlow had been getting the backup snaps in practice.

45. hillbillywildcat
    5:31 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Cudos to the offense line, running backs and defense for playing their tails off in the first half, especially the first quarter. But once they saw Newton’s play, it was completely demoralizing because they KNEW the game was over. It’s a shame Max Smith couldn’t go today…would have been a helluva game otherwise. While not a Joker guy (Brooks was the man), have to tip your hats to the kids for their effort. Too bad they didn’t have a puncher’s chance today.

46. Linda Taylor
    5:32 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

44 – Right, like all the years he’s been here haven’t given him enough time to prepare him to come into a game and be productive.

47. Rixter
    5:34 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Morgan Newton as QB is like ..well, it’s like Joker Phillips as head coach. Good guys, not good at what they currently do

48. Rixter
    5:35 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

I LOVE the idea of Tressel as coach with 5 games left to go this season.

49. markp
    5:37 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Tressel can’t win at a non power school in the SEC. Wake up! Petrino is the one who can do that.

50. kramer
    5:38 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

#41 Exactly I don’t care that they wouldn’t be here forever,I want to be able to COMPETE!! I am 47, I can count on 1 hand the great UK football teams. I’m not asking to win the SEC everyyear but I want to compete. Petrino isn’t a good guy, but, he can win he is down to one of his last chances, UK needs to give him a shot, he needs to be the 1st call. As a bonus UL fans will crap their pants!!!

51. Please listen and don't be stupid
    5:38 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Petrino is legally possible. I’m for it. But let’s all stop even mentioning Tressel. Let’s stop our friends, facebook buddies, and message board confederates. ..Learn, and go forth. …Go to your various message boards and carry my voice. Tressel is under a FIVE YEAR SHOW CAUSE by the NCAA, starting in 2011. He is not an option for any school, at even a $1.00 a year salary. Lesson in “not paying attention to those pesky things called facts” concluded.

52. Hal
    5:41 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

brent pease
    butch jones
    bryan harsin
    kliff kingsbury
    jim tressel
    todd berry
    tom herman
    bud foster

53. Rixter
    5:41 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

If Tressel is hired within 5 years, he is suspended for 5 games. That’s it. So, why not hire him this year, let him sit out his 5 games while Randy Sanders in the interim head coach?

54. Hohey
    5:41 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Can never get the show on iheart radio. Rush instead 🙁

55. Linda Taylor
    5:43 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

54 – Try 630 WLAP on IHeart
    or WLAP.com

56. markp
    5:49 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

36 Bobby Petrino or Mike Leach have both won at weak schools in tough football conferences. I don’t want 6 and 7. That’s loser talk. I want what Texas Tech and Arkansas had with the guys I mentioned. Fulmer, Davis, Tressell had it easy winning at traditional powers.

57. Ears baker
    6:05 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

56 suggesting petrino means we are not even going to get in the same ballpark of an understanding of eachother’s views. I want badly for kentucky to win big but i dont want it that badly. it will honestly make me embarassed to be a uk fan if we stoop to hiring him. and by the way, Avging 6-7 wins is better than any coach has ever done at uk (that wasn’t cheating). So if that’s not good enough for you you might wanna pick a different football program.

58. Nopetrino
    6:44 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

Petrino? Seriously? Forget Arkansas. Forget the Falcons. Remember how he ran up the score while at U of L over the Cats? He has no class and can’t be trusted. He lied to bosses, players and fans. A change is needed but Petrino would mean canceling my season tickets.

59. markp
    11:08 pm September 22, 2012 Permalink

57 you have a losing mentality if all you want is 6 to 7 wins per year. Petrino has made bad choices but anyone can turn it around. As far as you giving up your tickets, let’s hope you have to.

58 as Spurrier used to say if you don’t want the score run up on you, get better! We’ll get much better if Petrino comes to UK and start winning 8 to 9 games per year once he cleanses the stench of losing that has returned to us so strongly.

60. Go CAYTS
    12:03 am September 23, 2012 Permalink

In Joker we trust

61. GATORCHOMP
    10:19 am September 23, 2012 Permalink

What was Man Meat Jones apology for your sorry team THIS week???