Florida is interested in QB Asiantii Woulard

The top dual threat quarterback in the nation is still planning to visit Kentucky next weekend, but another player has apparently entered the recruiting mix. Writers around the Florida program have revealed today that the Gators are now pursuing Asiantii Woulard.

Mark Stoops has already gone against some big names for prospects so far in his short stint at Kentucky. The hunt for Woulard might have just gotten a bit tougher, but Stoops and company have a great chance to impress him next weekend.

Article written by Ally Tucker

I once successfully requested "The Wobble" to be played 6 times at one wedding.

41 Comments for Florida is interested in QB Asiantii Woulard

1. MemphisCat
    5:55 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Go get him Stoops, let’s make him a Stoops Troop.

2. Fl will get him
    5:57 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Florida wants him. Kiss his Asianti goodbye then

3. scottydee
    5:59 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Fiddlesticks! What a pisser!

4. Big Blue Galaxy
    6:00 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Joker trying to work his magic

5. Bradley
    6:02 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Florida won’t get him. They’re as creative offensively as Joker Phillips on 3rd and 7.

6. Joker
    6:07 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Haha…I didn’t think this guy was good enough for UK when I was here but now that I’m at UF I LOVE landing 4 stars!!!

7. Ujest
    6:08 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Lol, he’s from winter park Florida! Uk can’t even keep ky players at home and Florida won’t get him? Sure

8. ShelbyCatFan
    6:10 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Nah he’ll wanna run the spread. Florida is not the same Florida they were 3 yrs ago. Think UK is great position with him cause of Neal Brown’s offense

9. Anthony
    6:12 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Not surprising. That quarterback they have now is terrible. Absolutely dreadful. He can run the ball and that’s it. Any kind of decent quarterback play and they wouldn’t have lost to UL earlier this week.

10. Mike
    6:21 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Can u immagine the trash that will emit from the lips of Jokster when u goes for his visit?? So much for UK pride.

11. Huh.
    6:24 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

#10 once more in English please

12. Cotton Mash
    6:24 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Gators looking to replace QB Jacoby Brissett that announced today he’s leaving

13. Booger
    6:24 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Ky will be on probation in 4 years

14. Bald Guy
    6:30 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

We’ve seen what Muschamp has done with Trey Burton’s talent… Now Brisset wants to go elsewhere… If I’m Asiantii I would see that situation as not the best for dual threat qbs and not want any part of it. With that said he is a Floridian and the gators are the gators.

15. Chas
    6:30 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

First question from ths young man should be: “You ignored me when you were at Kentucky, why should I listen to you now?” Joker be Abe to overcome it. This young man will be wearing BLUE next fall.

16. Chas
    6:31 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Won’t be able to over come it

17. John
    6:33 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

He just tweeted that he has no clear favorite

18. G-unit
    6:33 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Not as Big of a deal as people think. His 2 best friends are heavy UK leans. One is already committed. Woulard wants to play in the spread. Winter Park ran the spread and wants to be on a pass first team. UK is still the fav.

19. MustangCat
    6:35 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

“Florida” doesn’t mean they’ll pry him away. Brown and Stoops have made a big impression on him and his family. Especially when it gets close to signing day and our class looks much more impressive. This kid i believe will wear UK blue. I am Stooped. Go UK.

20. L1C4
    6:38 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

He is Florida bound. Why we he go the armpit of the SEC over a team that has beaten uk 26 times in a row?

21. coach
    6:43 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Wish he was a cat…but honestly why would he pick Uk over. fla?

22. red headed step child
    6:46 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Glad to see the Tards still trying to get noticed. Still “rushing” the Internet. I believe I speak for Matt when I say THANKS FOR THE HITS. dumbass.

23. b
    6:48 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

This would be like a basketball recruit from Kentucky picking UF over UK…..Not going to happen, he’s Florida bound.

24. Dang
    6:49 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

I think he will be at UK when it’s all said and done. We really want him and he has to like that. Who knows how hard Florida is really pursuing him anyway. I think we are in pretty good shape at QB for the next three years regardless.

25. kingrex
    6:56 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

#22 because he could be part of something new and exciting at UK and they will be playing a more wide open offense than Florida. Florida has actually become painful to watch.

26. MustangCat
    7:03 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

If it comes down to the wire, and i dont think he will, we will see just how good of recruiters our new coaching squad is gonna be. They’ll close the deal, because they are winners and wre gonna make UK winners. THAT is what they have to sell, more then anything else. Brown wants him bad, and the kid was talking about Brown from the moment Brown signed on. That’s what Brown can do for U……….K.

27. thenamerobdigity
    7:04 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

His name is not mentioned on Florida insider boards.

28. big cat
    7:13 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

@24 would it be like brandon knight, from florida, picking the kentucky wildcats?? saw how mighty those gay ters were the other night!

29. UKBlue
    7:19 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

Florida offense sucks, they were overrated all year, and their coach will more than likely get fired by the end of next year. Adding Joker to the staff is just bad karma.

30. Catlogic15
    8:01 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

#21. Don’t know how you guys keep infiltrated this board. I guess accepted by the owners but getting old. If you sneeze and it looks blue on Howie’s board, you get banned. Getting old, and really it’s the very immature that makes it worse. Like I said, apparently accepted here but you can’t have any intelligent exchange.

31. jpgott2
    8:02 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

If anyone has taken the time to look at their roster they have 8 QB’s on their roster!!!! He wants to plays QB, and he wants to be more of a pocket passer. I know this is one of his home teams, but the Air Raid, combined with UK’s thinner QB roster, combined with Florida’s QB use, makes me think that UK has a solid shot.

32. fireants25
    8:03 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

This is terrible news

33. Tired of Being 1 of 12 Games
    8:33 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

You would think that it would be hard for Joker to get him to UF, if he would not even offer him at UK.

34. catfanmike
    9:02 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

#8 That is why we should have a reasonable chance against Florida. Muschamps pass offense looked inept.

35. Trublupopeye
    9:22 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

He’s from there and if he can resist the glitz and glamour of being a Gator then we may have a chance. I honestly believe he’d do better with the Cats than the Gators but a scholly from them will be hard for him to resist. I hope someone points out to him that the Fla. coach’s may be looking for a job after next season.

36. Big Whoop
    9:48 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

What Florida writers??? I live down here and I can’t find any Florida writers saying any such thing. Name your writers or provide links. The Gators didn’t want Woulard before and weren’t recruiting him. They have shown interest in Del Rio from Colorado, but haven’t shown interest in Woulard for whatever reasons. They have a commitment from from Max Staver from Brentwood Academy.

2nd string QB Jacoby Brissett has asked for a transfer because he was promised PT, but Driskel beat him out. Florida also has Tyler Murphy, a redshirt from Connecticut, and Skyler Mornhinweg from Philly.

I would really like you people at KSR to proved your source on this one.

37. Big Whoop
    9:49 pm January 6, 2013 Permalink

provide

38. REALITY
    7:49 am January 7, 2013 Permalink

Impress him with WHAT??? A 2-10 SEC doormat football program that plays in a bleacher seat stadium with no luxury boxes????? C’mon folks….grow up and enter the real world. IF Stoops is as good as KSR thinks he MAY get a few of these kids IF he can beat WKU or UL every year.
    Untill then UK is the roadkill of the SEC as it has been for sixty plus years.
    It would be like asking a basketball prospect to choose between UK and Transy.
    What would YOU do??????????????

39. WereTalkin'LouisvilleIsSigning
    8:22 am January 7, 2013 Permalink

A day after landing Trinity High School All-America wide receiver James Quick, the University of Louisville Cardinals scored again with the Class 6-A state champion Shamrocks, getting a commitment from junior quarterback Reggie Bonnafon – U of L’s first pledge in the 2014 class.

“I told (U of L coach Charlie Strong) how I was pumped about the program and how I felt the program was going nowhere but up, and he was excited about me committing,” Bonnafon said. “He’s real excited about the future.”

Bonnafon, a 6-foot-2, 190-pound player, welcomed the chance to be an early commitment to U of L.

“It’s pretty cool to know that I’m the first one (in 2014), and hopefully I can get some good athletes in my class to hop on the train,” he said.

40. Delk for 3
    8:50 am January 7, 2013 Permalink

Louisville can have Bonnafon. He hasn’t proven anything as a quarterback as he hasn’t even played the position enough at Trinity. I know he is a very average wide receiver.