It’s finally upon us. There’s nothing I love more than a great tailgate on a sunny fall day. I’m jealous of all of you who will be out there. Do it big for those of us who wish we could join you. Northwestern University tailgates just aren’t the same. Go figure. On to the links…
– UK Athletics has a pretty good preview of the Cats and Chippewas, including a reminder of the last time we played them. Remember that game? Dan LeFevour almost rallied them for the win after UK took a 21-0 lead. Let’s not repeat that.
– Ticket sales are down about six percent from last season. Mitch Barnhart says UK needs to put an entertaining football team on the field to reverse that trend. I agree.
– Randall Cobb keeps getting love. I know he’s in the league now, but if any Packers fan tries to tell me that they have a stronger claim to him than UK fans, I will hit them. Randall Cobb will always be a member of Big Blue Nation, first and foremost.
– Tee Martin likes DeMarco Robinson and he says that they’ll make an effort to throw him the ball today. If he doesn’t drop those throws, he could see some serious time this season.
– That new law in West Virginia making the burning of couches a felony offense would be a lot more effective if the Mountaineers joined the SEC. God knows they’d never win anything couch fire worthy in a real football league.
– A New York high school basketball talent is moving to Kentucky. Jaysean Paige averaged 26 points per game last season and led his team, Jamestown High School, to the state championship game while also being named third team All-State. If cleared by the KHSAA, he will play this season with Perry Central.
– We need someone to do this: