I just finished up all my finals for the year and today is my first full day back home for summer vacation. How am I going to spend that day you ask? By hanging out with you people and making sure no big news goes unreported. I couldn’t be more ecstatic, or, you know, whatever the closest thing to ecstatic in this situation is. Anyway, let’s do these links:
– John Calipari talked a little bit to the guys over at the Salt Lake Tribune about what Brandon Knight could potentially bring to the Jazz. He discusses his intelligence, his shot making ability, his will to win and he even makes a John Stockton comparison. Coach Cal knows how to appeal to his audience.
– Recently, Mitch Barnhart, Joker Phillips, Danny Trevathan and Stuart Hines made a good will trip to Ethiopia and yesterday they talked to the media about their time there. Eric Lindsey at Cat Scratches put together this piece on their experience. There are some pretty powerful stories in it, and it makes you proud to see what high character guys we have representing UK.
– The folks over at Hoops World have compiled an NBA mock draft 6.0 addition. There’s nothing we haven’t really seen in it. Mock drafts are fun.
– The viewership of this year’s NBA finals is slightly down from last year’s numbers, but considering last year featured the marquee match up of the Celtics and Lakers, the numbers from this season are pretty impressive. Plus, one of the teams in the finals is Miami. If there are worse sports fans in the entire country than the ones in Miami, I’ve yet to see them. Frankly, they disgust me. The Miami Dolphins went 2-6 at home last season and 6-2 on the road. What? Come on. That’s what happens when you play Gloria Estefan music in between quarters. People of Miami, please grow a set and start supporting your teams. The trashy clubs will still be there if you decide to stay for the entire game. You don’t need to show up in the second quarter and leave after the third. Also, I saw a family with two young boys sitting court side one game. The kids had button down shirts on. Seriously? Buy your kids some jerseys or t-shirts or something. It’s just the perpetuation of terrible fandom. Sorry. I hate Miami sports fans. But yeah, viewership is solid.
– Vancouver won game five of the NHL finals to take a 3-2 series lead over the Bruins. What? You don’t care? Me neither.
That’s all I got for right now. We’ll have some fun today.