Fire Up The Band

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. That statement has never been more true tonight as two bands merge to fire up the crowd against the dirty birds. Red got in to Rupp during the opening round but tonight the Butler and Marquette fans should be ready to rally around the Rams if the game is tight. Still a cool moment for the members of our band that didn’t get to go dancing this year.

Go Cats. Go Rams.

Article written by Andrew Cassady

Follow me @ACassady_KSR

45 Comments for Fire Up The Band

1. Cooler92
    4:46 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

Very cool! Joining forces against the dirty cards is always a bonus…even if it is just the band.

2. Incrediblue
    4:55 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

We are all Rupp Rams tonight!

3. Mike
    4:56 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

Two major takeaways for me while sitting on the sidelines is 1. It is really miserable being on the sidelines and not playing in the Dance. 2. After watching all these other teams compete, it is even more obvious to me that we wouldn’t have gotten by our first game. Many of these have good offensive flow, can shoot and defend the 3, can play defense, can pass efficiently and crisply, can score on the lob, can shoot jump shots, and can create turnovers. We couldn’t do any of this consistently and got worse as season progressed.

4. Patrick Sparks' undershirt
    5:07 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

How is Matt tweeting from the future?

5. Chad
    5:11 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

As a WMB alum I couldn’t be prouder than if they were a part in the defeat of Louisville.

6. tdogg40330
    5:13 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

GO COLORADO STATE !!!!!

7. patrick sparks & travis ford
    5:14 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

i didnt have any problem beating louisville by myself. kinda classless if you ask me. #3, if cal would have handled thing different and played the right players it would have been different.

8. Not Mr. Holland
    5:14 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

I bet the Colorado State band is going to be pretty disappointed when they hear the new guys.

9. This is No
    5:16 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

#7-And who were the “right” players?

10. Rixter
    5:20 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

How do you figure Matt’s tweeting from the future? (although, that would explain him picking Harvard and Florida-Gulf Coast)

11. ksu
    5:20 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

#9, yo moma

12. not harrow or AP
    5:25 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

#9, not them. you racist. get your head outa the gutter.

13. Bluekzu
    5:27 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

That’s pretty cool. It would be even cooler if the upset happened. When Rick was here, his teams were sometimes caught off guard. It’s common knowledge that he’s a great preparation coach, but with one day he’s at a disadvantage. A weakness is doing anything on the fly (there’s a bad joke in there somewhere). Colo. St. probably doesn’t have the talent to take advantage of this, but it would be a great story if they did.

14. Eric K
    5:31 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

Loserville’s 6’4″ power forward aint worth sh-t…Mr.bigmouth can’t dunk…. what a joke! GO CATS!!

15. Bluekzu
    5:32 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

I love him, but Polson at the point wouldn’t have saved the season..especially after Noel went out.

16. ksu
    5:46 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

#15, very random comment. sounds like you hope polson couldnt have saved the season. you must be white and jealous.

17. Mary
    5:54 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

ya know…comments like I see here are just demeaning of UK…as a U of L fan I always root for UK when they’re not playing U of L…shame on y’all…apparently many of you are ‘tunnel visioned’ and really do believe that UK is the only team in this state…find it difficult to comprehend kentuckians that would rather see a Kentucky team lose just because their ‘favorite’ team didn’t make the tournament. Unbeliveable.

18. turtleman
    6:11 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

#17 Mary do you really believe that when UK plays there are not U of L fans that cheer for teh other team? There are a few UK fans that will cheer for U of L. So I really do not see the need to “shame on Y’all” comment.

19. richmoky
    6:14 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

So, the UK band fills out the CSU band. Meanwhile on ESPN Radio, Jamal Mashburn does color commentary on Pitino (with both their Jerseys and the 93 banner hanging overhead) at a pro-cardinal Rupp Arena.

20. Mary
    6:20 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

#18 granted….there are ‘poor sports’ on both sides, but what I’ve seen here seems especially malicious..particularly the ‘band’ comments…but I’ll leave y’all to your ‘pity party’. btw..Mr Jones’ parting comments on his radio show the other night (“let’s hope Louisville and Indiana lose”) says it all.

21. Wildcatsteeler
    6:23 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

@15 Polson at the point would have only took not losing 2 of those horrible losses to save the season so yes it may have well saved the season. He played great EVERY TIME he got in but sadly he didn’t get in much. And imagine how much better he would have been if after the Maryland game he was put at starting point. All the real game time experience plus playing with the starters in practice plus his confidence knowing that the coach believed in him. This isn’t hindsight for me I said it right after the Maryland game. He should have put him at starting point in December. Especially for that soft part of the schedule and seen how he paned out. Instead he tries to turn Goodwin into a PG which failed miserably.

22. Sgt Jimmy
    6:25 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you sound like a spoiled little kid. You say those kind of thing consistantly and it always comes back to haunt the CATS.

23. ksu
    6:31 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

#21, your a genius. I completely agree and have been saying the same thing all season. finally, someone with some common sense.

24. Rixter
    6:35 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

I have heard that A D-bub has decided to go to FSU. Has anyone else heard about this? The mentioned it on the CBS halftime report a few minutes ago.

25. Yy
    6:40 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

Who is that? #24

26. Brink
    6:43 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

24 although it would be great for him to come here and be part of something special. We don’t have to have him.

27. Linda Taylor
    6:49 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

22 (Sgt Jimmy) – How does Matt tweeting that UK band members are helping out Colorado St come back to haunt the cats? You do realize that only the part highlighted in grey are Matt’s words don’t you? He is not in the practice of censoring his writers.

28. Linda Taylor
    7:07 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

Mary, I used to root for UL when they weren’t playing UK or AZ, that is until I started encountering UL fans. However, your fans have completely turned me against your school. If your fans were nice and wouldn’t accost me when I am in Louisville just because I am wearing a UK tshirt I might feel differently. If they weren’t rude and obnoxious when they get on this, our fan website, I might feel differently. Don’t come on this site and castigate us when your fans routinely get on here and act like hateful idiots. How about going back and reading some of your fans posts on this site over the last week. You will be ashamed of your fan base if you have any class at all. Many UL and IU fans even pretend to be UK fans and post garbage trying to make the UK fans look bad.

29. lonnieb
    7:19 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

@Mary
    The ul fans have been more worried about how our season ended rather than focusing on their team. Number 1 team in tourney and uks season is over and there are still tons of UL fans on here running mouths daily.

@wildcatsteel
    Please stop with the polson crap:…….he is worse than wiltjer on D:…… I know i didn’t think it was possible either. But having a pg that can’t contain the other teams point at all is a huge liability. If he even has to play 1 minutes out of necessity then you already know the season we all hoped for is over. He has no positive benefit for playing unless you wanna say he has “heart” all this drama coming after he actually had a good game…..which makes sense because realistically Robert morris would be the level of D1 he should be playing

30. brain
    7:19 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

UK fans who hate UL should just stfu and take our medicine at least until they get beat.

31. smartcat
    7:20 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

Uk fans getting excited about the band. I know your team is sitting at home but don’t make yourself look ridiculous.

32. GetOffBeforeYouFallOff
    7:23 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

Somebody call Guinness, Linda has to have broken the record for standing on a soapbox the longest.

33. Ksu
    7:31 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

#29, another stupid jealous white man makes another stupid jealous comment about polson. Please learn the differense between a pattern, motion, set, & read & react offense before you make comments. Better yet, pull your bottom lip over your head & swallow.

34. Linda Taylor
    7:36 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

32 (GetOffBeforeYouFallOff) – Aw, did somebody’s wittle feewings get hurt? How about you stop polluting a rival’s fan site. Seriously someone should start a UL fan site that UL fans actually like to go to.

35. yule
    7:51 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

Now is it officially named Russ Arena?

36. Patrick Sparks' undershirt
    8:30 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

He was tweeting from the future because his tweet was from 7:21 and this post was almost 3 hours prior to that tweet.

37. Yy
    8:53 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

#29, Robert Morris beat UK. You just said he should start for them. You just said he he was good dumb a$$

38. BeauKnows
    8:55 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

Rotnei Clark lighting it up.

39. oldschool
    9:07 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

So the only way UK band members get to participate in the NCAA – is to coat-tail on the CSU band? What a sad statement for the UK basketball program this year.

40. Sgt Jimmy
    9:13 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

Linda Taylor stop it. Some CATS fans post on louisville sites all the time including me. You make Kentucky fans look stupid an imature.

41. Bluekzu
    9:59 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

16. No it wasn’t random. I just neglected to include the post I was responding to, which was #7. It’s just my opinion, and I’m wrong often. I just didn’t think he was fast enough to guard effectively. In hindsight, however, it may have been worth a shot. Who knows.. Yes, I am white, but no..not jealous. (?) 21. You may be right. I’m just not convinced that during the bulk of the conference schedule, he could have played a lot of minutes against starters with the best results. Last two games, though, he was the best player we had there.

42. Joe
    10:37 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

2013 is officially the bizarro world of Kentucky basketball. Louisville playin in rupp, the cats in the nit and a lot of our fans acting like Louisville fans. You know the jealous pathetic hatin kind of fans? Give it up already! The obsession with Louisville on ksr has gotten beyond the most ridiculous manner possible! Please stop with that childish bs. For most of us fans that don’t live in Louisville we really could care less about Louisville unless we’re playing them. It’s good for both programs and the state when uk & ul are good. I hope they win it all!

43. Linda Taylor
    10:40 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

40 (Sgt Jimmy) Why in the world would you want to post on a rival’s site? I hope when you do you don’t act like the UL fans that post on this site. I have yet to see an intelligent post from a UL fan on this site. By the way, do you mean “and immature”? Now, who were you saying looks stupid?

44. oldschool
    10:44 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

42 – well said.
    I LOVED it when Kentucky won in 78
    I liked seeing Louisville win in 80
    I nearly cried when Kentucky couldn’t hit a bucket and lost the 84 final four
    I enjoyed seeing Louisville win in 86

I’m a Kentuckian – therefore if you play basketball within the confines of the Commonwealth – I’m pulling for you -be it Murray, Morehead, EKU, WKU, NKU, Alice Lloyd, Centre, Lindsey Wilson or whoever.

By the way – CONGRATS TO GEORGETOWN COLLEGE!!!!!!

45. Rae
    11:51 pm March 23, 2013 Permalink

44. You must see a different breed of UL fan. The UL fans I know don’t quite claim themselves to be Kentuckians. I have been asked if I was inbred simply because I am from eastern Kentucky. I have been derided and stereotyped. I would root for Duke before UL. It is one thing to be insulted by an outsider. It is another to be insulted by a fellow Kentuckian. If they claimed the rest of the state I would change my belief a bit.

That, and my experience with them at the Final Four as a student sitting in that echoing parking garage with them screaming every ten minutes for eight hours while the rest of us were trying to understand what security was telling us to do was the most annoying I’ve ever had.