Forty members of this year’s NBA rookie class took part in a survey in which they answered questions about their classmates, and in the process they made it clear that even they expect John Wall to be the best of the crop. 38.5% of the class picked Wall to win the Rookie of the Year Award, followed by Blake Griffin and Boogie, who earned 12.8% of the vote himself. Eric Bledsoe also received some votes in the survey, in which the players were not allowed to vote for their NBA or college teammates. Here are some of the other results from the voting:
Which rookie will have the best career?
1. John Wall, Washington — 23.7 percent
2. DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento — 13.2 percent
Which rookie is the most athletic?
1. Terrico White, Detroit — 33.3 percent
2. Paul George, Indiana — 16.7 percent
3. John Wall, Washington — 11.1 percent
4. Wesley Johnson, Minnesota — 8.3 percent
5. Avery Bradley, Boston — 5.6 percent
Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers — 5.6 percent
Eliot Williams, Portland — 5.6 percent
Which rookie is the best playmaker?
1. John Wall, Washington — 67.6 percent
2. Eric Bledsoe, L.A. Clippers — 5.4 percent
Jordan Crawford, Atlanta — 5.4 percent
Evan Turner, Philadelphia — 5.4 percent
Which rookie is the funniest?
1. DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento — 44.7 percent [Couldn’t have seen this one coming.]
A nice look at how their peers view the NBA Cats, and they obviously have their classmates’ attention. Now…as you were.