Faulkner out 6-8 weeks

Some terrible news out of UK football practice today… Glenn Faulkner’s high ankle sprain will keep him out 6 to 8 weeks. The sophomore safety had surgery today and it’s a possibility that they’ll redshirt him this season.

Awful news.

Ugh.

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Faulkner out 6-8 weeks

1. danville B
    6:47 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

Kentucky [email protected] fantasy football league on ESPN. Welcome all UK fans

2. fakinnomah
    6:49 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

Sum bitch! I am really exctied about this team (not a popular opinion this year) and would like to see Joker have all the weapons at his disposal, so he can have a fair shake this year. Hope Faulkner recovers and is ready to go next year and I am ready to see the Cats play this year. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. hoptown
    7:19 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

… and so continues the saga of UK football.

4. Cousins Fake Tooth
    7:29 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

You are not going to have surgery for just a high ankle sprain. There is some info missing on this one.

5. sameolesameole
    7:43 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

…..and here we go

6. DT in DC
    7:52 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

Can we not get that trainer that got Shep ready in a few days after his high ankle sprain in the NCAA tourney? Bad news for the ‘Cats. But if he needs to be out 6-8 weeks, at least it happened before he blew the chance to redshirt.

7. Gridiron_cat
    8:02 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

Bad news for Faulkner but relax, he wasn’t even on the two deep chart. He is a highly touted recruit who has had one obstacle after another keeping him from the field. Since he was fighting to get into the rotation this year, probably should red-shirt. Hope he gets healthy, stays positive, keeps working with Rock and his tutors and comes back next season to become the great defensive back we know he can be.

We are really deep on defensive backs and linebackers this year, albeit young, we saw most of these defensive guys the last 2 games of the season last year = great game at GA and almost shut out TN (literally gave up one play). I’m more concerned on whether the offense steps up this year to help them out. Defense but no offense; Offense but no defense…now THAT’S the saga of UK football.

8. jill
    8:20 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

LoL yall really will suck now. LOL

9. jill
    8:22 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

#8..real funny using my name…I don’t make fun of kids getting hurt…nice try for thinking of me…

10. BigBoogie
    8:31 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

jill really classy making fun of a hurt player.

11. jill
    9:21 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

#10…not me ..someone else that aspires to be me using my name….I will bash you all to death, but kids getting hurt not funny on either team…off limits for me.

12. BigBoogie
    10:01 pm August 16, 2012 Permalink

Yeah jill you are so classy you would never do something like that.