Farah Fath’s Wednesday News and Views

l_8faed98c5311039c4cfe8a4734190e59

Over the past few years, it has become very trendy to be a Kentucky fan. By associating the program with artists like Drake and Jay-Z and bringing in the nation’s top talent year in and year out, Cal has rebranded Kentucky basketball as the cool program in the country. Because of that, there’s been an influx of famous Kentucky fans, many of which don’t really know much about the program’s history or tradition. That’s why it’s so important to have celebrity fans like Ashley Judd and Josh Hopkins who truly understand Kentucky basketball not just because someone told them about it, but because they were raised on it. Farah Fath is also one of those fans.

Fath is a popular soap actress who has appeared on “Days of Our Lives,” “One Life to Live,” and the short-lived E! series “Dirty Soap.” She’s a Lexington native, and if you follow her on Twitter, you’d know that she is a huge Kentucky fan. Not only has she been the “Y” a few times at games, but she regularly tweets about the Cats. She’s also posed for the UK Hockey Team poster. But, how do I know she’s a true UK fan? She made this onesie at a recent baby shower:

Screen shot 2013-04-30 at 2.52.43 PM

Whereas other girls would doodle their crush’s name on their Trapper Keeper growing up, I would draw the same thing as Farah. It’s a Kentucky thing, I guess.

Happy birthday, Farah. “Days” isn’t the same without you.

— The biggest news of the day had to be the story behind the photo of John Calipari and Rick Pitino that we posted Monday night. The young lady in the photo’s father called in to the radio show on Tuesday morning to dispel any rumors that Pitino and Cal were breaking bread. The woman saw Cal and Pitino dining in the adjoining restaurants, and asked Cal if he would be willing to come with her to Drake’s to take a photo with Pitino. Cal agreed, and there you have it. Further digging revealed that Calipari ordered a bone-in filet and calamari, while Pitino had a calamari salad, a cup of broccoli cheddar soup, and the Lexingtonian Salad. Calipari eating calamari and posing for pics with his rival. Just a regular ole Monday night, right?

— The other major news on Tuesday was Cal offering 2016 point forward Jayson Tatum a scholarship. As you could have guessed, Tatum is only a freshman right now, and Cal told him he’s one of four underclassmen he’s offered. Analysts say that Tatum’s size and advanced skill set for his age only add to his upside, which is why so many schools (Florida, Kansas, Memphis, Marquette, and Missouri) have already offered him a spot. The fact that Cal’s involved so early on speaks volumes, and denotes what may be a growing trend in his recruiting style. Last November, Cal offered 2015 PF Skal Labissiere a scholarship after seeing him play only one game, which he very rarely does for a player so young. Is Cal trying to get recruits to commit earlier so he can sell the class to other players or is he merely trying to get a head start? Are these the questions the offseason makes us ask? Why is the sky blue?

— Today in “Really, really, ridiculously early projections”: ESPN’s Eamon Brennan named Andrew Wiggins to his “Way too early” 2013-2014 Preseason All-American First Team. Julius Randle was named to the Third Team, while the Harrison Twins received honorable mention. In related news, Brennan named the gleam in LeBron James’ eye 2031 Player of the Year.

— On Tuesday night, UK Deputy Director of Athletics DeWayne Peevy tweeted out that he was working on next year’s schedule and wanted suggestions from the fans on which games they’re looking forward to and which matchups they’d like to see in the future. Got opinions? Of course you do. Tweet them to @KentuckyMBB with the hashtag #WeAreUK.

Derby_Print_1_1024x1024

— We’ve posted Hunter S. Thompson’s “The Kentucky Derby Is Decadent and Depraved” several times on this site, but the folks over at Kentucky for Kentucky have taken their love for the piece one step further, collaborating with Louisville artist Rachael Sinclair on a poster to commemorate the iconic essay. Each silk on the print represents a memorable moment from the essay, and only 200 prints were made. To buy one, click here.

— Tuesday night, top 2014 prospect Drew Barker tweeted that “big news was coming soon.” Before you get your Conway Twitty “bom bom bom” on, Barker will probably just announce his college decision date, which he alluded to last week.

— The UK Men’s tennis team got some exciting news on Tuesday. They were selected to host a first and second round regional for the NCAA Men’s Tennis Tournament. They’ll face Western Michigan in the opening round, while Virginia Tech and Michigan will square off in the other round. This will be UK’s fifth-straight year hosting the opening rounds of the tournament, and the team’s 19th appearance in the last 20 tournaments. The Cats will be the top seed in the Lexington regional, which will go down Friday, May 10th and Saturday, May 11th.

— Yes, yes, I know you want the answer to the Wiggins rumor post from earlier. On Tuesday afternoon, I teased you guys that a national media member had posted a juicy Wiggins rumor earlier this week and gave you a list of potential rumors to choose from. If you chose B, you were correct! On Monday afternoon, Bossi posted on the Rivals national basketball recruiting board that he had heard that Calipari recently told Coach K that Wiggins’ father, Mitch, wanted his son to pick Florida State or Kansas, and that Kentucky and UNC were in the second tier.

Now, remember, this is just a “rumor,” so, you know…grain of salt. However, both coaches were at the Nike EYBL Session 2 this past weekend and could have had time to swap stories. Regardless, what’s the most telling thing about Wiggins’ recruitment so far? Almost any of the answers I made up seemed believable, and are probably actual rumors on message boards in Kansas, North Carolina, Kentucky or Florida. Well, except for Florida, because I seriously doubt Florida State fans really care. No one except for Andrew and his family knows what’s going on, and hopefully we’ll have an answer by May 15th. Otherwise, you can find me curled up in a ball under my desk muttering “Wiggins” over and over again for the foreseeable future.

That’s all for now. See you in the morning.

37 Comments for Farah Fath’s Wednesday News and Views

1. sad but true
    11:18 pm April 30, 2013 Permalink

That rumor is sad but true. Wiggins will pick FSU. I was told he was a type of person who doesnt like to let people down and it is very important to his father that he go to FSU. He doesnt like to rock the boat and will make his father happy by going to FSU.
    Best of luck to him.

GO CATS!!

2. hell cat
    11:22 pm April 30, 2013 Permalink

WHY WHY WHY does anyone put any credence or stock at all in any of these rumors? Haven’t we learned to just wait until the guy finally announces? No one knows but him and his family. Not even #1, who ‘was told he was a type of person . . .’ Other than just for fun musings or to get hits on sites like KSR, these rumors are ridiculous.

3. MarginalStudent
    11:23 pm April 30, 2013 Permalink

Mrs TT: Honestly, should I be concerned about my academic future if I fail a multiple choice quiz that I studied 6 months for? Can you make your next test less tricky? I know the dean..I can get you a raise, I just have to ace the next quiz..please..could you IM the answer to me if I buy you some good popcorn?

4. Nky Fan
    11:44 pm April 30, 2013 Permalink

Barker will announce May 9th, down to four schools

5. chaueffer
    11:46 pm April 30, 2013 Permalink

The Lebron’s eye in 2031 is probably THE funniest thing I’ve ever read on here….

I loved it.

6. Swear to God
    11:47 pm April 30, 2013 Permalink

Listen, and I am serious guys. I go to Florida State and my sister’s friend’s niece’s baby daddy’s sister’s mother’s uncle, who banged a Papa Johns delivery guy who deliveries pizzas to Wiggins house frequently says he is picking UW-Green Bay. Apparently, he wants to be the shit… or take a shit… something along those lines. Either way, it’s true, believe me and not anyone else.

7. Catlogic15
    11:49 pm April 30, 2013 Permalink

Another “rumor” by someone wanting hits in this very crowded and competitive social media genre.

Absurd.

8. Nky Fan
    11:53 pm April 30, 2013 Permalink

Just kidding

9. Sally
    11:55 pm April 30, 2013 Permalink

Call me crazy, but I hope that Cal said that. I think we all know by now that he is a master of his craft and that if he did say that he did so purposefully with some strategy in mind. He certainly isn’t gonna say that he’s the favorite. Catty Watty Daddy.

10. Andrew Wiggins ROCK!!
    12:05 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

KENTUCKY LOVES ANDREW WIGGINS. Lebron, you have some serious competition coming your way……..Andrew Wiggins is on the way>>

11. SeaCat
    12:07 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Damn, Farah looks just like Farah Fawcett!!
    How can that be?

12. SeaCat
    12:10 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

the original Farah has a good run with life,
    i hope this lady does too!!

13. Rex
    12:13 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

#4. Who is Barker? I didn’t even see him in ESPN’s Top 60.

14. SexnNursinHomes
    12:44 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Mrs TT rocks.

Farah Fath f***s fat f****g franks. Slutteration.

15. Nky Fan
    12:50 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

#13 Qb from Conner High in Hebron. I think he’s ranked 114? Solid guy with a huge arm and runs the ball well. Plays for Dave Trosper who runs a Spread offense. Dark horse in the race is his teammate Cameron Fogle who just walked on for Stoops and Company. His Conner team beat Franklin Co. and Timmins 84-48 two years ago. Huge upside for the kid

16. Bleed Blue
    1:14 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

#1 is stupid. Wiggins is not going to FSU. It is between UK and UNC do not believe any of these stupid rumors. It is as of right now 70/30 UK. He can not build a brand at FSU and he will not win like he will at UK or UNC. Come on it is common sense if you listen to the kid. His parents are going to respect his decision and loves Cal and UK. If he picks elsewhere then I will be shocked.

17. Han
    1:33 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

1) What’s sad but true is the number of high profile college athletes who let their parents dictate where they’re going to college. You shouldn’t pick your college based on where your parents went or want you to go unless they’re paying for your school and you don’t care where you go anyway.

18. CATAandMONKEY
    2:39 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Just how, exactly, does one receive a bone-in fillet?

19. SBT
    3:08 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

17 Name calling? Let me guess, ur a liberal.

18 I agree 100%

20. SBT
    3:08 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

21. Todd
    6:47 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

752

22. Smead
    7:08 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

So sick of wiggins crap on here, I know not much going on in the sports world now but piss on wiggins and the rumors.

23. UL Post today??????
    7:47 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Is it TRUE Charlie Strong will be a guest on todays show to discuss UL BEING RANKED #4 IN THE COUNTRY? Or will it be Russ Smith talking about UL’s NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP? Maybe Dan McDonald talking about the #11 ranked BASEBALL TEAM? WHAT NEXT “LSR”????????

24. Brink
    7:50 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

22. I would rather have 17 posts a day about Wiggins rumors, than 17 about pisstino and loserville like we are seeing.

25. Bobbum man
    7:53 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

1- I like how you act like you have inside information… It’s known and been said he’s the kind I person that doesn’t want to let people down… You have no idea what you are talking about

And is this Rick pitino Calipari picture really that big of a deal?? Wow they took a picture together lets post about it 12 different times, who cares

26. kyjoe11
    8:20 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone know when the Uk-Mich St. tickets will go on sale?

27. Ashley
    8:42 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Can someone just tell me where Farah got this dress?

28. W.W.B.B.N.D?
    8:42 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Why would Cal tell coach K that he does not think Wiggins dad wants his son to go to UK? If FSU is special for the Wiggins, why is his brother at Wichita st?

29. Oogie
    8:43 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

The Wiggins rumor makes sense. I mean, the most reasonable explanation for why he still hasn’t announced a decision is that the school where he wants to go is not the same as the school where his parents want him to go.

30. StupidF
    8:58 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

No inside information*
    Wiggins wants to play with the Kentucky team.
    KSR is building up Louisville before the massive drop they experience.
    Kentucky football will get its main recruits, maybe keep them.
    Farah is absolutely beautiful but won’t date people who question everything.
    Pitino jr hopes to coach at Kentucky someday, it’s his dream.
    You know, SEC championship game fb and national title bb.

31. blueneck
    8:58 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

More of Farah, less of sellout Judd please. Kids today don’t even know who Judd is.

32. Oh Please
    9:31 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

#31 How’s Judd a sellout? you sound like a true douchebag whose opinions no one is even remotely interested in.

33. Greg
    9:43 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

I went to school with farah, same age same class. She looks great, I’m glad she hasn’t abandoned her Lexington roots. Go Blue

34. J in Orlando
    10:03 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

It is easy to spot someone who has no inside info on Wiggins because they claim to have some inside info on where he is going.

35. Zo
    12:01 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

Loserville fans braging cause never had nothing ,but hot air to begin with.Smells like poo when they open their mouths.Like they washed their mouth out with some Ohio River water.I hope downtown loservile floods and poo fills the “BUM CENTER” and your basketball team gets trenchfoot.Suck one ul fans!LMAO

36. STEVE!
    1:32 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

17 – Unfortunately, we saw this happen with Xavier Henry, his parents, and Kansas a few years ago.

37. NJ
    9:45 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

#31, #33…I’m with you. And she’s stayed at my house….