UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes and Podcast

fans-of-the-day1

I see you, Santa. I see you workin’, big fella.

— It’s Monday so the new college basketball polls are out. Kentucky is ranked third for the second week in a row in both polls and the Cats received four first place votes in the AP. You can thank Rick Bozich for one of those.

— Whatever Chane Behanan is smoking got passed around to some AP voters because Louisville received two first place votes in the poll. Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Tom Ginnetti of the Chicago Sun-Times believe in the Cards. What a shame.

— Calipari met with the media today and had a lot of interesting things to say. First, he announced that Terrence Jones did not practice today and his status for tomorrow’s game is uncertain. “I don’t expect him to start if he doesn’t practice today, but I don’t know,” he said. He said the injured pinky finger is still swollen and black and blue but Jones will be fine once it has a little time to heal.

— Cal also spoke about a new “breakfast club” some of his players are doing in the mornings. He said four or five of his guys (he wouldn’t say who) are getting up early and working out and then they eat breakfast together. The whole team ate dinner together last night and they will again tonight and Cal says that is bringing everyone “together more.” He’s also encouraging them to ease off the social media and communicate with each other.

— While the team eats dinner tonight, Coach Cal, Coach O, and Coach Payne will be in Florida watching Shabazz Muhammad and Julius Randle. Robic will run practice with the team back in Lexington.

— On this morning’s radio show, Matt and Mark talked about Tubby Smith and some unlikeable UK players while Annie hit on Shannon The Dude. Have a listen…

Article written by Drew Franklin

26 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes and Podcast

1. Streak ends in 11
    3:18 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

2. mocha
    3:21 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

second

3. Horny UK fan
    3:27 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Anyone else see on Cal’s Facebook that he will have a surprise for the BBN when he gets back from a Shabazz visit tonight?? Hmmmmm I wonder what it will be??!! Guesses anyone??

4. Kentucky Gentleman
    3:31 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Towles was at the basketball game on Saturday, sitting with Joker. Think he is depending on him a little bit?

5. Ncaa
    3:37 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

New Rule: Teams are no longer allowed to have presonal meetings with one another if they reside in a southern state above tenn below ohio and school is in a city rymes with fartington.
    That is all.

6. Bastard Yak
    3:41 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

not sure of which city rhymes with fartington.

7. RidgeRunner
    3:49 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Before I say anything….umm, are the girls on Kris Kringles 15? Gulp!

8. capnmonkey
    3:49 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Quitting my job and applying for a position as Mall Santa in Lexington

9. JustSayin
    3:49 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Crapola, I’m planning to go to the Wednesday games at City of Palms. I wish I could have gone tonight and seen our fearless triumvirate.

10. RidgeRunner
    3:51 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

lol…meant are the girls on his lap over 18? Cuz they look 15.

{sitting patiently & worried}???

11. old_school
    4:00 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

10 – who cares. They are someone’s daughters so please try to show a little class.

12. RidgeRunner
    4:11 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

11…I will side on the side of caution.

But umm…you of all people giving input about class is like hearing a fart in a hail storm. Won’t happen but the fart remains although over looked.

13. UKGirl
    4:19 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

4) Towles was not the only recruit there. Apparently the football team had most if not all of their incoming recruits in town for an event of some sort.

14. random hero
    4:23 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Damn it, I meant to say Wiltjer transferring is the dumbest thing I read on a msg board

“I think Wiltjer will transfer I really do..”
    – dumbest thing I read all weekend.

15. RidgeRunner
    4:33 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

14…I think ya did.

16. iWantToBeTheDrewFranklin
    4:38 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

That shit cray, ain’t it Drew?

17. bluristhurr
    4:54 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

I like the breakfast club idea a team that eats together will play together lol. I wonder who’s already doing it though and one is Teague working on his 3pt shot I really think I could out shoot him around the arc with 30 shots.

18. KDOGG10
    4:55 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

#3. I was wondering the same thing. I saw it on his facebook page as well. I hope its the commitment of Shabazz to…

19. Harley Wells
    5:01 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

They were at PF Changs last night. The whole team and Coach and his wife…no Karen Syphers hangin around. I don’t know how they enjoy eating with everyone staring at them. They are truly rock stars in Lex.

20. humbert
    5:33 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

#19, how does that work with violations,etc. Obviously Cal can’t buy the teams meal right? but dont coached have players over at their house to eat? is there some rule on that?

21. Matt Jones' virginity
    7:08 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Teen girls on Santa’s lap? Pitino must be playing Santa this year.

22. 19snl60
    7:18 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

Cmon shabazz you are great now BUT wait and see how much better it gets wearin U K BLUE.

23. ILCatsFan
    9:36 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

old_school, I normally don’t comment on stupid comments but you are a douche! “They are someone’s daughters”, give me a break! You are one of the most obnoxious, outspoken people on this blog. You wouldn’t know class if it was right in front of your face. By the way RidgeRunner, I pick the girl on the left. Class! Lol!!

24. old_school
    9:43 pm December 19, 2011 Permalink

If trying to protect the dignity of two young girls who are just UK fans and trying to have some fun – from the likes of immature jackwagons like you – then I’ll claim the badge of obnoxious and outspoken any day.

Seriously – UK basketball should be safe for all ages and all genders. But there’s no way I would recommend this site to a young person – nor would I want any female acquaintances of mine to be cursed by having their picture posted here for the low-lifes to ogle, drool and comment on.

It’s quite pathetic.

25. IL Cats Fan
    12:48 am December 20, 2011 Permalink

old_school, enough with the ethical and moral highroad! UK basketball is safe for everyone, young and old. This website is safe for everyone as well. I simply found it ironic that you had the audacity to comment on someone else’s behavior on this blog when you yourself are one of the most obnoxious, outspoken voices on here. RidgeRunner said nothing overly inappropriate or classless. He and I both simply commented that the girls were attractive. It seems to me you might have some deep-seeded issues you might want to speak to your psychiatrist about. I’m done with this conversation. Go Cats!!!

26. Jon Benet Ramsey
    3:10 am December 20, 2011 Permalink

these 2 girls know how to karaoke. so i hear.