Everyone is a UK Fan of the Day

Today, we’re all fans of the day as Big Blue Nation counts down to tonight’s long-awaited championship game. We’re out in full force all over the country, so to bring us all together, here is a collection of photos submitted from fans.

We’re in this together!

KSR show at Walk-On’s in New Orleans:

In class at UK:

Working in Charleston, South Carolina:

UK Hospital:

Toronto, Canada:

Buffalo Wild Wings, Greenville, North Carolina:

Breckenridge, Colorado:

Bourbon Street:

I’ll be posting more throughout the day so send me a photo of the scene from wherever you are to @DrewFranklinKSR or e-mail me through the link up top.

One.

More.

Win.

Article written by Drew Franklin

49 Comments for Everyone is a UK Fan of the Day

1. EgginDallas
    1:59 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Can’t wait! Expecting about a 100 people in Dallas!

2. curly turd
    1:59 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Would love to be that dude in Canada!

3. Rick Fifteeno
    2:00 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

I thought walk-ons was in the big easy, oh well i can only remember the last 15 seconds of my life, time to pull out my 96 championship shirt

4. Chris
    2:02 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Is that fake barney I see with the purple hat and green shirt?

5. Rockfield,KY
    2:03 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Trying to find some Wildcat Faithful in Winston Salem, NC. Help me out!

6. nomsayin?
    2:03 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

When I was 12 I had my first sexual experience. At the time, I lived in a little suburb outside of Cleveland and anyway, the girl next door and I were really good friends. Our parents were both gone for the day and she was over playing Transformers with me. So anyway, we kinda got.. Bored I guess? And we started playing truth or dare, which turned into ‘you show me yours, I’ll show you mine”. So anyway there I Was, 12 years old, heart pounding, blood rushing in my ears, and the chick (who was a year older than me actually) takes off her panties and hikes her little skirt up. so What did I do, you ask? I whistled for a cab, and when it came near, the license plate said “fresh” and there were dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought “naw forget it, yo home to bel-air!” I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabbie “yo homes smell ya later!” Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there. To settle my throne as the prince of bel-air.

7. Don
    2:04 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

I’ll have about 40 people at my house in the basement watching #8!

8. I have to be alone cause I’m gonna cry either way.

9. AirForceDeployed
    2:07 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Expecting myself and that’s it in my room at 4 a.m. while deployed to the Middle East with the Air Force. Luckily I get the game in my room. Unluckily, I have to drink my 3 shots of bourbon right now, because I can’t drink within 8 hrs of work. 🙁 Go Cats Anyways!!!!!

10. Ciggy
    2:08 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Uk everywhere I LOVES IT

11. Bobby
    2:08 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

10,000 Strong at Walk-On’s, Point Blank period!

12. WSFLWildcat
    2:09 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

We had over 300 UK fans at Buffalo Wild Wings in Cassellberry, FL on Saturday. Can’t wait for tonight!! GO CATS!!!

13. Ridge Runner
    2:10 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

9…Hang in there bud!

I am nervous as a long tailed dog in a room full of rocking chairs.

14. Indiana Prison
    2:11 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Have a read…

looks like we might need to rise again this guy or throw a flaming couch at
    him…

15. 00BBN00
    2:13 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

9. First, I appreciate your service. Second, It’s all good, at least you get to watch the Cats!

16. Dominion
    2:14 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Now I know why you can’t see in UK fans on the Bourbon St. cam.

17. zartine
    2:14 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

hey #6 u aware brah?

18. Rockfield,KY
    2:14 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

9. TRUE CAT FAN…..and thanks for all you do

19. bmitch
    2:17 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

I will send in a pic of the Kentucky group who will be watching at the Bdub’s in Overland Park, KS (about 30 min from Lawrence)

20. biddy
    2:18 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

I’ll be at Austin Ave. Sports Bar tonight in the Dallas area. Can’t wait for #8!

21. Stuck in acc country
    2:22 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

5. Your best bet is going to Charlotte. There’s an alumni association there that gets together to watch games. I live in Winston too.

22. Ms. Tyler Thompson
    2:24 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Nashville Cat fans should come to Corner Pub in Midtown–I’ll be live blogging from the front room.

23. BobKYCats
    2:27 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

I’ll be home with the ashtrays full and the bourbon flowing. Go Cats!

24. Honey Badger
    2:28 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

You know where Honey Badger watches the game? Wherever he wants! Honey Badger don’t care.

25. acc country 2
    2:29 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Hopefully we’ll see some UK fans at the Bull & Bones in Blacksburg! GOOOOOOO CATS!

26. AirForceDeployed
    2:31 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Preciate all the support. 11 years of this is getting old, but I’ve got 9 years to go until I can sit in that recliner, sipping on my Beam/Bud Light and enjoy my Cats the right way. Until then, I’ll do it the best I can. #15, sorry you can’t watch the game. I’ve been through that. 2004 was the worst loss of my life, because I was stuck at work in Korea with no computer, and thought we’d easily take down UAB. Let’s take this support to a new level and enjoy this game tonight like it’s the last game of our lives!!!!

27. tom
    2:31 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Wonder if one can read anything in Mike Moser deciding to return to UNLV for his junior year. He is about the exact size of Shabazz. I believe he is a SF as well. Could he be staying to join with Shabazz and make up a sure Top20 team? Or has he heard Shabazz is looking beyond the desert toward UK or UCLA and there will be a lot of PT available. (He was an honorable mention All-America this season).

Who knows?

28. Daddy
    2:35 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

So when @Kate_on_State sends you a pic are you gonna make this a nsfw thread?

29. OmahaCatFan
    2:37 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Me and my 6 year old boy are going to watch in our house in Omaha, Nebraska. We will both have our 3 goggles on. It will be a night I will never forget.

30. Rockfield,KY
    2:39 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

21. You driving to Charlotte? I might do that.

31. tom
    2:42 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

29. wonderful sentiment. I did the same thing with my daughter 14 years ago when she was 8. We were living in DC. Now we are here in Kentucky and she is watching with friends at Grevey’s in northern Va. Memories to last a lifetime my friend!

32. Digger Phelps
    2:42 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Listen to me! Listen to me! This is Kansas’s time. Do not rain on their parade. They have worked hard all season for this. I don’t want any shenanigans!

33. Stuck in acc country
    2:48 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

30. Honestly struggling with indecision. But you should be able to find the details/contact info through the UK alum association. I think they watch at Blackfinn uptown.

34. ktmiln2
    2:48 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

I don’t know what an “Ass Beer” is, but I don’t think I want one.

35. Stuck in acc country
    2:49 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

30. The website, sorry.

36. UKAlum98
    2:50 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Im coming into Lexington from Louisville tonight. Where’s a great place to watch the game? Looking for suggestions close to campus or downtown. Thank you! Go Cats!!!!!!!

37. Wildcat_in_Iowa
    2:55 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Anyone near Des Moines, Iowa please feel free to join us at Buffalo Wild Wings on Merle Hay Rd. I even seriously thought about attending the KU Alumni watch party here in Des Moines but I had a feeling the bourbon would get the best of me!! Everyone have fun wherever you are and GO BIG BLUE!!!!

38. Rockfield,KY
    3:00 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

33. Thanks, just googled it and I think I’m gonna make the drive. Pretty sure the guy that organizes Nashville’s AA events is brothers with the guy in Charlotte.

39. BHAM CAT
    3:00 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

BIRMINGHAM, AL CATS fans where are you watching the game?

40. nomsayin?
    3:00 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

#17 aware brah

41. Kanas City Cat Fan
    3:05 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Kansas City KY fans- come to Buffalo Wild Wings @ 135th/Metcalf. Need the support in Jayhawk territory! We had over 50 people on Saturday night.

42. LeeW
    3:07 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Working in Charleston is getting NOTHING done today, I can promise you that. 6 hours feels like 6 days.

43. Future UK Dropout
    3:40 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Staaaaaaaaate Streeeeet

44. Lee Urban
    3:41 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

Shout out to Demetrios Karathanasis, brother-in law in Lexington. I am a KU fan that has been reading this blog fairly regularly because you always have the 411 on recruiting. Good post, good luck, and Rock Chalk. Much respect for the avid UK fans, have UK winning my bracket, but hoping for KU victory tonight.

45. RIP Mel Turpin
    3:58 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

#44 Lee, thanks for being a classy KU fan. We congratulate your team on reaching the final, but we hope you go to bed disappointed.

46. Cat fan in NC
    4:33 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

5, I am in Winston Salem. Where do you want to watch? I have no cat fans to watch with

47. Rockfield,KY
    5:13 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

46. Probably driving to Charlotte unless there is something to do here. what about you?

48. C. Allen
    5:15 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

#36 Find out if the Kentucky Theatre on Main Street is showing the game.

49. WILDcat in LA
    5:19 pm April 2, 2012 Permalink

If you’re a wildcat fan in the South Bay are in Los Angeles and can’t make it to the alumni event in West Hollywood (damn LA traffic), come to Baja Sharkeez in Hermosa Beach. A few beers, a few laughs, and watching the Cats roll to #8 by the beach, ain’t nothing better!