Even Joker Phillips is ready for the Derby

joker-derby

Terrible Joker Phillips photoshops are becoming more routine than death and taxes. Today, Joker tweeted the picture above, with the caption “A new horse has been entered into the #derby #comeplaywrforthejoker.”

So many terrible things…

1) Doesn’t Joker know that racehorse names can only be 18 characters?!

2) If this photo were accurate, Jeff Driskel would be 10 feet tall.

3) “Chomp Times”? Sigh…

4) Is Joker trying to compare a wide receiver’s speed to a racehorse’s speed? It makes no sense…

5) What 17 or 18-year-old kid is going to care about the Derby or what a racehorse does?

Keep it up, Joker.

25 Comments for Even Joker Phillips is ready for the Derby

1. Musehobo
    10:38 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

I’ve been trying to figure out why I feel so awkward when I see these photoshops. I think it’s partly cause I’m embarrassed he was our coach. But it’s more like the feeling I got when watching Michael Scott on The Office. Watching someone look like an idiot because they have no social awareness can be nerve wrecking.

2. UK Terry
    10:41 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Joker has become BCG without the alcoholism and verbal abuse. He was clearly over his head as a SEC head coach. Hope he enjoys the same level of success in Gainesville. He is off to a good start with that Sugar Bowl No-Show #comedropballsforjoker

3. Jones Returns
    10:42 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

I just can’t understand why he was never able to land any big recruits at UK…

4. RUPPS_rhetoric
    10:48 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

I’m torn on this whole Joker thing. On one hand these Photoshop meme’s are pretty lame and generally laughable, and it’s easy to laugh at him because he failed as a Head Coach here. On the other hand he is UK Alum, a 4 year letter winner who grew up in the State and has a genuine love for the State and Program. I don’t want him to be a BCG because in the end he is one of us. It’s hard to ignore these tweets, and I get that. It’s just tough because Joker seems to be a good guy who just wasn’t ready to lead a program in the SEC. He was very effective under Papa Brooks and we all loved Joker.

5. Axe Cop
    10:51 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

#unnecessarialylongasstwitterhashtags

6. I Don't Get IT
    10:58 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

I don’t understand why so many of them seem to have a Kentucky bent to them . . . is he shoving his job in “our” face, is he recruiting against UK, or is Kentucky all he knows . . . and if so, that explains a lot. #moveonfool

7. KT
    11:06 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

I still like Joker so I’m hoping his gig in FL works out, may be his last shot at a big program if it doesn’t. These photos might seem silly but it definitely makes him an original on the recruiting trail. Maybe it works in his favor because of that. I personally wouldn’t come play WR for somebody that was posting the Heath Ledger creepy Batman photos but then again I’m not 18 so maybe the kids are responding to that. Good luck to the guy either way. Go Cats.

8. Me
    11:06 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

I just want to know where this enthusiasm and (albeit very lame) usage of the social media was when he was our coach? While the photoshops are quite laughable, they also tick me off. Sorry, but that Derby thing is a direct slam at football in our state, seriously, using the Derby? Please

9. JPhelps
    11:07 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

And people defended this guy while he was here…

10. Travis
    11:09 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

if the horse is running in Louisville, it will probably lose.

11. Biglaw Dawgin'
    11:11 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Was he this cheesy at Kentucky? Wait… I know what’s going on here. His love for UK is so entrenched in him that he’s deliberately trying to sabatoge the Gators’ passing game. Ataboy, coach.

12. KT
    11:11 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

@Me – He couldn’t do much as a head coach as far as recruiting and he was kind of in the pre-twitter phase when he was recruiting under Brooks. I know he used facebook a lot back then but Twitter didn’t get really big for another couple of years. Don’t get too mad, I thought he did pretty good as a recruiter, he just sucked as a head coach.

13. Willis talkin bout..
    11:31 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Just a thought.. Joker, love him or hate him, ended most of the embarrassing streaks. The “Old Ball Coach” finally lost to UK. We finally beat UT. Granted.. both teams helped us out with those victories.. so Joker only gets some credit. Honestly.. he was a horrible head coach. Maybe, just maybe, he is still trying to help us end the UF streak! Lord knows, if the Florida receivers even slightly resemble what he produced at UK.. that streak will end very soon!

14. Madison Avenue
    11:36 am May 1, 2013 Permalink

Over the years I’ve noticed some campaigns are just so bad that consumers think they’re good. This campaign’s just bad.

15. Booger
    12:22 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

He is just giving you trash truck drivers to talk about while you are at work!!! Jealous?

16. matt
    12:34 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

Bad photoshops or not, he still beats UK this season.

17. Jen
    12:34 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

As bad as these are they’re still better than all of that lame military ass-kissing he did while he was here, calling special teams “special forces,” handing out dog tags to players, and so on.

18. sgt. stadenko
    12:54 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

I like Joker and appreciate what he did as a player but as a coach, you gotta be shittin me. What player worth a crap would go play for this clown? This kind of crap makes you understand the last 2 years of UK football better and you can see it is no surprise that we were garbage. Unbelievable

19. Booger-A Fitting Name for You
    1:02 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

@ Booger,

Maybe BBN will take your insults seriously when you learn to put a sentence together properly. You’re trolling a UK football (not even basketball!) site at noon. Who’s really the sad one? I think we all know the answer

20. Bald Guy
    1:12 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

Please stop mentioning this loser… The fact that we let him take over the offense and then the entire team reflects poorly on us as a BBN, let us move along and act like it never happened for the love of god.

21. STEVE!
    2:15 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

I agree with the Bald Guy. The number of articles on this blog about former UK coaches borders on outnumbering those about the current ones.

22. Joker Phillips
    2:31 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

If u can’t beat them, Join the Gators. I suck

23. Joker Phillips
    2:31 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

If u can’t beat them, Join them Gators. I suck

24. Random thought
    3:41 pm May 1, 2013 Permalink

Is that tomato soup in that bowl? And if so, why would he need cream? That looks like a piece of toast or a grilled cheese sandwhich…possibly…on the plate. But if thats the case, the whole cream thing doesn’t make sense. Do people drink coffee with tomato soup and grilled cheese?

25. Didn’t Stoops and Brown say that they needed to bring in WR’s that can catch the ball better then the ones joker left them? Florida looked great all season, until the bowl game joker coached in.