Even “Glee” makes fun of Louisville

It’s rare that two of my favorite things, FOX’s Glee and UK basketball, ever overlap, but last night was one of those times. (What?! Glee‘s my guilty pleasure. I’m not sorry.)

On last night’s episode, the character of Santana, who is a cheerleader at UofL, returned home to do some laundry with her girlfriend Brittany. When asked why she doesn’t just do her laundry at school, Santana says “My first week there, I heard a rumor that all the water in Louisville is just purified runoff from the Kentucky Derby stables.”

You know things are bad when even Glee‘s making fun of you.

51 Comments for Even “Glee” makes fun of Louisville

1. CaneTurkey
    1:36 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

This clip is true in regards to the awful water quality in Louisville . Thus, the Jefferson County saying “If it’s brown drink it down, if it’s black send it back.”

2. what?
    1:38 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

1. louisville’s water is some of the best in the country? (From louisville, but student at Uk)

3. CATS
    1:44 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

I like how she called it Lewie-ville.

4. kywildcat_96
    1:54 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

What #2 said is true. #3 It should be pronounced that way since it was named after King Louis of France.
    To me this isn’t as much a dig on Louisville as it is a further stereotype against this great commonwealth.
    GO CATS!

5. Behind Enemy Lines
    1:56 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

I live in Louisville now, originally from Madison County. The water here is very good, even award winning for the purification process.

6. water
    1:59 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

#5 yea purification of runoff water from Kentucky Derby Stables!

7. Linda Taylor
    2:00 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

I remember last year when Santana got her cheerleader scholarship to UL they said that UL cheerleaders were national champions. I couldn’t believe it. How could they get it SO wrong. It was really our beloved UK Wildcats who were national champion cheerleaders. At least they aren’t making fun of Lexington now.

8. cats11
    2:02 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

1. Couldn’t be more wrong. And I’m all for hating UofL, but I like the city of Louisville.

9. Wild(and wonderful)Catfan
    2:05 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

#2: You are correct. Excellent water.
    #4: Whether it should or should not be pronounced “Lewie-ville” is irrelevant; it is pronounced “Loo-uh-vul”.
    Also, what are the “Kentucky Derby stables”? The racetrack is called Churchill Downs. I guess the average viewer wouldn’t know that, though.
    Louisville is a very fine place. The only problem is that it is inhabited by so many UL fans.

10. justafish2002
    2:13 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

@7 They actually were National Champions…. The NCAA does not name a champion so there are 3 different NCs (I think) each year in cheerleading depending on which tourney you go to

11. UKBlue1!
    2:22 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

I live in Louisville. Water taste great. This turd of a show is poking fun of the Commonwealth. Some of you do forget that Louisville is in the Commonwealth, more tax money comes from the city than the rest of the state combined and it also has the LARGEST UK alumni base. Proud of UK and my cats but disappointed in idiots that don’t know they are being made fun. .

12. 3 fan
    2:22 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

…and then they scissor.

13. Destry
    2:45 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

1. You don’t what you are talking about. As others here have said, Louisville’s drinking water is some of the best tasting in the country.

14. ukcats
    2:48 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

As shameless viewer of the show it never makes sense and is a comedy so do not get your panties in a bunch about a comment about water quality. Really. Glee fans are too busy crying because Brittany and Santana broke up anyways.

15. St. Paul Raiders
    2:56 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

@7/10 It’s true that many years both schools win titles in cheerleading. Not sure if there are 3 (or more?) NCs, but there are 2 for sure.

16. dude
    3:00 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

Who gives a rats ass how it tastes. The city of Louisville is a shit hole.

17. Louisville Kentucky Mortgage
    3:08 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

Louisville is a fine city. I am Kentucky Fan and there is much more to do in the Ville than Lex.

18. no its not
    3:11 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

no louisville is a dump. just because there is more to do there doesnt mean its a nice city. hell detroit has more to do than lexington im sure too, but do you want to live there? NO

19. mapcatfan
    3:23 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

Dead wrong 18. Not a Louisville native, but have lived here half my life. It’s a great city. I’m as blue as they come, but I had much rather live here than Lexington. And yes, the water is very good.

20. John
    3:32 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

This is getting absolutely ridiculous guys. I’m a UK fan living in Louisville and the hatred for the city is at an unhealthy level. I understand life is rough in little insignificant towns that have nothing to do but hang out in Wal Marts parking lot, but bashing the city if Louisville isn’t going to make those small towns any better. Stop being butter towards a great city and just worry about our Cats.

21. ummmm
    3:33 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

I lived in both places for extended periods of time and can definitely say Lexington is by far the nicer of the two cities. Not even close

22. John
    3:33 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

Bitter*

23. Happy
    3:35 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

#12 thanks for the visual! :o)

24. ummmm
    3:37 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

you show me someone who doesnt live in the city of Louisville that says its a great city and i’ll show you a UL basketball championship within the last 25 years…there aint one!

25. St. Paul Raiders
    3:41 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

24- I grew up in Louisville and since have lived in South Florida, Phoenix, and currently in Manhattan. I think Louisville is a nice mid-size city. Anyone who says otherwise is not being objective.

26. Dr Poop
    3:42 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

24, ummmm yes there is… get on Yelp at look at reviews of restaurants in the Highlands/St Matthews/Crescent Hill and you’ll see a thousand out of towners talking about how cool those areas are. Jealous ass people who live in total shithole towns are the bitter ones on here. Why do you think Matt Jones lives in Louisville? Because it’s the hub of the city you dope.

27. Mapcatfan
    3:46 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

I have lived in both Louisville and Lexington as well, #21. I like Lexington too, but prefer Louisville. And #20 is right – the petty hatred is silly.

28. bgcat
    3:47 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

I wasn’t born in Louisville, nor do I live there now. I think it’s a great place. I don’t know why people who don’t like UL have to put down the city as well. Don’t forget that there are alot of UK fans that live there too.

29. well while we are throwing out cities...
    3:50 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

I grew up in Lexington and lived in Louisville as well, but have since lived in several cities in Europe and about 10 major and mid-sized cities in the US and Louisville is still by far the least pleasant city I’ve been to. Not just lived in, but even visited. There’s your objectiveness sir.

30. Dr Poop
    3:55 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

29. Cool dude. Who gives a shit?

31. dr. shit
    3:57 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

it was a response to 26. now go back to living your miserable life in a miserable city.

32. St. Paul Raiders
    4:04 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

29- As they say, everyone’s entitled.

33. Dr Poop
    4:13 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

31. Prove it. And please, list all these wonderful places you’ve lived. If not, then shut the fk up.

34. Cheers
    4:28 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

Kentucky’s cheer team is able to win a championship in the same years as Louisville because they are in a separate division requiring lower skill levels. It’s somewhat like D1 vs D2 in other sports.

35. triple-d
    4:34 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

Cincinnati took a huge chili dump, and the poo floated down the river. They named the pile Louisville.

36. Stmlax03
    5:04 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

Louisville’s water quality is ranked 3rd in the nation you tards

37. Stmlax03
    5:07 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

21… So have I… You friggin retarded if you think lex is a nicer city than Lou

38. Chicago Chris
    5:08 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

Lexington is the big city to rural areas nearby and many of those people heap scorn on it. Louisville is more big city to Lexington, so Lexingtonians like to point to higher crime and other bigger city issues as reasons Lexington is better. People in Cincinnati look down on anything south of the border and redneck. Cinci is seen as small and backward to bigger cities, especially with it’s famously conservative and odd laws regarding liquor sales, strip clubs, the whole Hustler debacle, Robert Mapplethorpe debacle, etc. It goes on.

39. Chicago Chris
    5:10 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

I should add that Chicago is looked down upon by LA and New York as “midwestern” part of the fly-over states. The point is… well, you get it.

40. gravy
    5:10 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

Why other city in the state or REGION for in the past 30 years have hosted a Ryder Cup? One. Louisville. The PGA knows its stuff. It wouldn’t hold one the the biggest events in old for no reason. I’ve been to Cleveland. My perception was that it was a shithole, but I’m smart enough to know there are beautiful parts of town like every city. Most people on here are too dumb/naive to open their eyes.

41. gravy
    5:11 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

*what

42. abc
    5:22 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

Lexington isn’t a city, just an overgrown hick town

43. Donald
    6:09 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

I cannot believe you people!!! You aren’t true UK fans if you like one single thing about the city of loserville. And for the one who said that they are a UK fan but would rather live in loserville instead of Lexington. You should seriously go repent!! For like a year straight. That sir is the sin of all sins!!!!

44. ukcat1
    7:02 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

I love Glee.. This was not the first time Glee has made fun of things in the state of Kentucky.

45. omegastu
    9:29 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

Any “man” who watches glee ain’t.

46. Yab
    9:39 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

#4–we don’t speak French in Kentucky, we speak Southern American English. We’re not going to be calling our fair city Lewie-ville, it’s always been Lou-uh-vul and it always will be.

47. stmlax03
    9:58 pm October 5, 2012 Permalink

43… donald, by the looks of your post, you are a white trash hick. There are a lot of UK fans in Louisville. I bet you haven’t even been to Louisville. If you haven’t you should really check it out. If you don’t have anything nice to say about it after that, then you are just a stubborn, ignorant, border-line retarded hillbilly ps… you’re a dumb redneck.

48. Porcine
    8:00 am October 6, 2012 Permalink

Born and raised in Lex. UK Grad. As Blue as it gets.

But the wife & I love the chance to leave the kids for night in Louisville. It’s beautiful, fun, lots to do. As someone that has been a part of plenty of planning exercises with Lexington gov officials, I can assure you; the “money” and the “power” in Lex tries to copy the things Louisville does right all the time. …and it’s great when they succeed.

If you are rural and don’t like cities period, well, that’s your prerogative. But if you enjoy new experiences and Southern hospitality then you’ll enjoy Louisville.

49. Fence
    9:51 am October 6, 2012 Permalink

Frankfort ftw.

50. catzilla
    9:54 am October 6, 2012 Permalink

Wow! what a bunch of idiots…it only takes a few small town hillbillys to make every body look that way. We wonder why we are made fun of nationally as a fan base. A narrow minded hillbilly will do it every time. If not for the city of Louisville you would not even have a jug to spit your “BACKER” in…

51. catzilla
    9:58 am October 6, 2012 Permalink

Donald have you leveled your trailer & outhouse this month. What a cum dumpster REDNECK…