ESPN likes Kentucky’s freshman running back

josh-clemons

I’m going to mention football for a second. Stop yelling at me. I’m sorry, I like football. ESPN says Kentucky’s Josh Clemons could be a true impact freshman in the SEC. Clemons was a three-star recruit out of Fayetteville, Georgia and the 54th ranked running back in the 2011 class, according to Rivals.com.

KENTUCKY

Josh Clemons, RB: Raymond Sanders might have left spring as the starting running back for the Wildcats, but Kentucky is still looking for help at the position. Clemons will get a chance to get in the backfield rotation after rushing for more than 2,000 and have 25 touchdowns during his senior year of high

In 2007, a freshman running back by the name of Derrick Locke stepped in for Kentucky under Rafael Little and rushed for over 500 yards and five touchdowns on less than 100 carries. You may have heard of him. Josh Clemons could be poised to put up the same type of freshman numbers while sharing the backfield with Raymond Sanders.

Clemons could also benefit from the new Nike uniform technology. They say it improves performance.

62 days…

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for ESPN likes Kentucky’s freshman running back

1. Yesterdays
    1:50 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

Shouldn’t be too hard to learn Joker’s offense. 1st down is a run, second down is a pass. If it’s third and long, we are running a draw. Third and short? Bubble Screen to Dicky

2. mocha
    1:54 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

me likey.

3. UKfanNKY
    2:00 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

Always have to have a smart A$$ comment when it comes to FOOTBALL and thats a shame cause if you can’t say anything positve about the BIG BLUE NATION weather it be UK FOOTBALL, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer,tennis or whatever UK SPORT then it goes to show you are NOT a TRUE BLUE FAN and you should just keep your chops shut!!! Now, on to this kid Clemons, I have heard before that he is a tough running back and should turns some heads. Good luck Josh the BIG BLUE NATION is looking forward to watching you!! GO CATS!!!

4. Tobias Funke
    2:03 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

Not if my boy Jon George has anything to say about it. You don’t just take the spot of a state champ wrestler without a fight.

George and Sanders will share carries equally by mid season.

5. ChicagoCat
    2:19 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

1 – You can knock Joker all you want but since 2006 we’ve had one of the most efficient offenses in the SEC (the best defensive conference in football, by the way), with the exception of the first year post-Woodson. Would you rather the Hal Mumme/Bill Curry days of cheating and all around garbage? I wouldn’t. Joker has proven himself. Recognize who you are and keep things in perspective.

Go Cats.

6. Bill Kurry
    2:21 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

I remember when we picked up Clemons, he was everybody’s 2nd best RB out of GA. The #1 RB was a top 5 overall player I believe. Well anyway, that day I remember seeing MANY MANY comments from people in GA that said that most people in GA consider Clemons better than the highly regarded guy.

7. Jones Returns
    2:41 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

This kid is going to be fun to watch. If he’s the 54th ranked running back in the 2011 class then this must be a hell of a class. He’s big, super fast and he’s got some moves. Watch the kid do work. He’s impressive…seriously watch.

8. aManFromNantucket
    2:43 pm June 30, 2011 Permalink

Anybody know what Locke is doing since he didn’t get drafted? Just sitting around waiting for the lockout to be finished?

9. og68