ESPN.com’s “Three Big Things: Kentucky”

ESPN.com is previewing one college basketball team per day in the buildup to Midnight Madness, and today’s featured team is your University of Kentucky Wildcats. Eammon Brennan has Three Big Things about the Wildcats:

1. I’ll never forget it.

It was just a few minutes after the 2011-12 Kentucky Wildcats had finished their season — a dominant, borderline unheard-of season — with a national title. Like many of my fellow media members, I was crowding around Kentucky on the court at the Superdome, grabbing quick interviews and soaking it up… (more)

2. At almost any program except Kentucky, that fan’s request would be wildly unreasonable

This is, after all, a team that just sent six players to the NBA draft, four of which were selected in the first round. It’s a team that had an otherworldly, once-in-a-generation talent at center… (more)

3. Is this group good enough to win a national title? I don’t know!

That’s kind of the point. Nearly everyone is new, so we don’t quite know what they are yet. Has Wiltjer expanded his game? Is Harrow a worthy successor at the point… (more)

Basketball season is right around the corner, folks.

It’s almost here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for ESPN.com’s “Three Big Things: Kentucky”

1. Dee
    1:16 pm October 2, 2012 Permalink

On on U of K!!!!!!!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!

2. GoCats2
    1:21 pm October 2, 2012 Permalink

I was just reading this article and was going to link it but I figured it would be up here soon enough.

3. BigC
    1:25 pm October 2, 2012 Permalink

So many UL fans on the articles forum.

4. Aaron C Bunch
    1:29 pm October 2, 2012 Permalink

BigC for sure. There’s a couple of closet UofL fans saying things like, “only 1 Championship in 14 years” hahaha Been a long time since 1986!

5. tp
    1:30 pm October 2, 2012 Permalink

i thought we didn’t like eammon brennan… he’s an iu grad you know and used to write for inside the hall.

6. Lane
    1:33 pm October 2, 2012 Permalink

After reading this and any article ESPN has about UK I always like to read the comments and see just how jealous other fans are. One response read “Welcome to Kentucky where one and done is an art form”, I guess winning titles and producing 15 draft picks in three seasons isn’t an art form? It honestly angers me to read the stupidity coming from those who can’t do what we do.

7. Aaron C Bunch
    1:44 pm October 2, 2012 Permalink

Lane, or the guy who said Kentucky was not a Dynasty. I think I sufficiently schooled that tool. I’m Aaron Wildcat Bunch on there. Responded to a few people. I eventually had to close the browsing tab and breathe. Lol.

8. Lane
    1:55 pm October 2, 2012 Permalink

#7. Thats exactly what I have to force myself to do too. After reading for about two minutes I have to force myself to leave the page and calm down and just remember that these people wouldn’t be down playing or rooting against Kentucky if we weren’t the premier program in the country.