Eric Bledsoe’s headed to Phoenix

bledsoe-clippers

As part of a three-team deal, Eric Bledsoe is leaving Los Angeles and headed to Phoenix to play for the Suns. Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Bledsoe and Caron Butler will go to Phoneix, while Jared Dudley and JJ Redick will head to the Clippers, and the Milwaukee Bucks will get two second round draft picks.

Eric and Archie in Phoenix? I’ll take it.

31 Comments for Eric Bledsoe’s headed to Phoenix

1. CrankDatMustard
    6:07 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

That is highway robbery. Phoenix definitely got the better end of that deal.

2. UK
    6:12 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Clippers didnt get much in return considering they were trying to deal for DeMar Derozan or Aaron Afflalo. Especially since they needed a shooting guard and trading Caron Butler makes them need a shooting guard and small forward.

3. Logan
    6:13 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Wasn’t Reddick’s contract up?

4. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    6:15 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

2 2nd rounders…..the Bucks got jipped.

5. Keith
    6:15 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

you’re kidding, right? the trade is being universally praised from the clippers perspective. plus bledsoe goes from a complimentary player on a contender to one of the better players on a terrible squad…going from a great situation to one that will likely be pretty tough to succeed in.

6. Austin
    6:16 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

3. It was a sign and trade. Bucks signed JJ and sent him to the Clips. Jared Dudley is a very good player and will fit well in that system. The Clips now have CP3, JJ Redick, Jared Dudley, and Jamal Crawford in their backcourt. All are in their primes. Now if they can add a quality stretch big man like Carl Landry they will be in great shape.

7. No they didnt get jipped
    6:17 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Reddick was a free agent, so the Bucks got 2 free picks just to sign a trade!

8. Austin
    6:20 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

#5 Bledsoe is going to get paid and get a team to run. It is a good day for him. He will likely get a contract extension locked up in a couple weeks and be set for life if he plays his cards right. Plus Phoenix now has Alex Len, Bledsoe, Archie Goodwin and whatever they can get for Scola and Gortat. They will be bad next year and add to the talent pool.

The Bucks were not planning on keeping JJ (he wasn’t going to return), so they got two picks for nothing basically… Well, they did trade Tobias Harris for him, who looks like he might become a good player. So it was a dumb move overall, but that is the Bucks.

Great trade for all parties involved.

9. Ukinaz
    6:21 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Hell yeah! I’ll take it. Can’t wait to see both of them here.

10. NEWMAN
    6:22 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

BURR-edsoe!

11. the brown eye
    6:34 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Lets be real. I love all UK guys that gave their all for UK…including Archie. But he is not remotely in the conversation with Bled Bled.

UK nation needs to recognize Bledsoe…the kid has a HUGE future in the league…as shown repeatedly this summer by other teams wanting him.

He just does not get the run by BBN that Wall, Cuz or even Meeks gets. He should

12. Han
    6:39 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Good. I can go back to not caring if the Clippers win.

Archie’s a ways from being a contributor, dependable as a pro, but hopefully Bledsoe can now prove himself as an NBA starting PG.

13. O T I S
    6:40 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Great spot for him

Students in Arizona take Algebra 3 before taking Algebra 2

14. Keith
    6:41 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

#8 Bledsoe has already proven that he’s a quality NBA player. Is there room for improvement? Of course..he’s nowhere near his ceiling. But even with only moderate improvement, there isn’t a doubt in my mind he plays 10+ years in the league (barring injury, obviously). He was going to end up being set for life if he ended up with the Suns, Heat or any of the other 28 teams in the league, so I’m not sure that’s really relevant when evaluating this trade.

I like Alex Len, but there’s no telling whether or not he’s a player worth building around at this point. Every bad team in the league has a lottery pick by definition. I’m rooting for Archie and think he has a shot to be a nice pro, but we’re talking about a guy who almost everyone – himself included until late in the process – thought needed another year or two in college. He’s a sleeper at best, or in other words someone we’d never mention as a building block if he hadn’t worn the blue (esp before he plays a single minute in the league).

15. Austin
    6:41 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

It is too bad Phoeniz passed on Nerlens, could have been Lexington SW. Maybe Randle next year can make it happen. Phoenix should be in position to have a pretty good shot at him…

Also, with Dudley leaving there could be more of an opportunity for Archie down the road. Right now, Dragic, Bledsoe, Shannon Brown and Kendall Marshall are the only guys ahead of him on the depth chart at SG. Brown is pretty obviously not a part of the future there. I would think Archie has a pretty good chance to get some minutes early on in his career.

16. Lamont
    6:43 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Looks like another lottery pick for Suns next year

17. Austin
    6:45 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

14. I like Bledsoe. HE has a lot of upside. He has not proven that he is worthy of the money he is about to get. They are not going to be paying for past performance with him. I am happy for him, and I hope he earns every penny. HE is going to get a 4 year deal worth around 9 million a year I would think. He has not proven he is worth that, but he has shown enough to entice someone to spend that kind of money. Good for him! Like I said, it is a good day for Eric.

18. paintsville'sdairyqueen
    6:50 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Good for Bledsoe. I wish he was going to a better team (or at least an east coast team) so maybe I could get to see him play a little bit. @11 Do people really call him Bled Bled? If so he needs to get a proper nickname.

19. Keith
    6:56 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

17. I don’t disagree with you. I love Bledsoe. I understand he’ll play more with the Suns and maybe get that contract sooner, but long term I think he was going to be in great financial shape no matter when and where he was dealt. Would have liked to see him in a little more favorable situation. You can count the teams with a weaker core than Phoenix on one hand.

But best of luck to Eric. Totally agree with #11 as far as his status among former Cats.

20. bluristhurr
    7:00 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Wanted him in a MAVS uniform. Looks like the MAVS are going to suck not being able to pull in the free agents like they did this past decade.

21. ukfan23
    7:12 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Archie Goodwin intro press conference with the Phoenix Suns.

22. PhxCatsFan
    7:23 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Nice. I was considering buying Suns season tickets while they are down and this is going to make it more likely.

23. Bledsoe rules
    7:55 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

The NBA salary cap makes for some crazy trades. The only thing that strikes me is the Clippers have turned away a lot better trades then this for Bledsoe! To me this is a salary move more then any thing!

24. Austin
    7:56 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

19. You can’t find a weaker or less exciting core than Phoenix, except for possibly Charlotte. Hopefully Bledsoe (and MKG in Charlotte) can be a part of changing that. Bledsoe, Archie, and Len are their best prospects.

Dudley seemed to me to be their most tradable vet. Now they still have Dragic, Scola, Beasley, and Gortat. Gortat could be the next to go. I seriously doubt they can rid themselves of Dragic or Beasley, unless they take back an equally bad contract.

25. Curtis Axel
    8:07 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

The suns are terrible but Bledsoe will make them better. Pulling for Archie im glad he got guaranteed $$$ tho in my opinion he is going to be a better pro. See Harrison Barnes.

26. Really?
    8:33 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Lucky #13-You are a coward, and a racist p.o.s. Ironic that you would comment on anyone’s educational achievements with your anemic academic record.

27. Computer Blue
    8:52 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

As a PHX resident, I’m glad to see them finally adding some UK players. If only they would have grabbed Nerlens! I think they’ll wish they had him instead of Len once he’s healed.

28. CaliUKfan
    9:56 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

As a Suns fan this is the best move we’ve made in years — and that includes draft pick which have been quite poor.

29. Wildcatsteeler
    9:59 pm July 2, 2013 Permalink

Awesome! Bledsoe is a starting PG and it’s a total waste to have him sitting on the bench.

30. Lou